Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:19 PM

That's not irony, that's poetic.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#22 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:28 PM

I'm sorry I was in a rush and using the "new ipad." I meant coincidential.

#23 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:30 AM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 14 July 2014 - 01:10 AM.

#24 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:28 PM

Where lol???

on ur arm.

#25 Mii

Mii

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:28 AM

Honestly, I think it is more than possible, and could definitely happen someday.

The only thing is that our scientists must realize how dangerous this could end up, so I think they'd be kind of stupid to release it to consumers.

Most of them do already. When you see them taking about their plans (Like implanting nano--bots in their body, which has been done already) they always say that it's really dangerous if too many people do it.

Someone who made a robot-suit which makes you incredibly strong even said that if you make them too strong they could form and army and take over the world.

Both seem pretty unrealistic, but it proves that they are busy with it.

#26 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:17 AM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 14 July 2014 - 01:10 AM.

#27 Mii

Mii

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:22 AM

Saw, on Discovery Channel. They were discussing how technology will be the end of world and stuff. ;)

Edited by Mii, 29 March 2012 - 03:22 AM.

#28 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:45 AM

Saw, on Discovery Channel. They were discussing how technology will be the end of world and stuff. ;)

That's only theory. Most of these new inventions are pretty rudimentary and would require programming to follow a set of plans.
It's not as if the human race is helpless. It's incredibly easy to take down rogue robots and the such. Whether it be through programming or just wiping their processing with EMPs.

#29 Mii

Mii

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:56 AM

That's not completely true. Robots are getting closer to humans each day. As soon as they get a mind, they won't have to be programmed anymore. Just as humans, they program their selves and each other.

And they've an advantage. They can communicate using WI-FI. xD

#30 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:22 AM

That's not completely true. Robots are getting closer to humans each day. As soon as they get a mind, they won't have to be programmed anymore. Just as humans, they program their selves and each other.

And they've an advantage. They can communicate using WI-FI. xD

There's still a difference, a robot needs to be programmed. Without an imagination, they cannot give themselves a purpose and wouldn't do anything.
They cannot simply gain imagination through similarities to humans, and if they do, it will either be an irregularity or make them the same as humans(meaning they will have morals and etc).

Programming something allows it to work. A robot needs to be programmed because artificial minds do not exist. AI is artificial intelligence through programming and is very limited. A robot who evolves keeps their programming and cannot operate against it or reprogram itself because it needs a purpose and motivation to do so, which do not exist artificially.

#31 Mii

Mii

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:37 AM

A robot doesn't need an AI, and humans are pre-programmed too. They know they've to eat, they know they've to blink etc.
The only difference between human and robots are the awareness. We have a section in our brain that makes us aware. They're researching how it works, but it really complex. When we can recreate the section, and place it in a robot, he will be aware of what he's doing. If he's pre-programmed, like humans are, he will 'live' is some way and he will be able to learn and, yes, he will be able to know that he shouldn't be used as a human slave. Even if you program him to not think about that stuff, his awareness allows him to change that.

#32 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:04 PM

A robot doesn't need an AI, and humans are pre-programmed too. They know they've to eat, they know they've to blink etc.
The only difference between human and robots are the awareness. We have a section in our brain that makes us aware. They're researching how it works, but it really complex. When we can recreate the section, and place it in a robot, he will be aware of what he's doing. If he's pre-programmed, like humans are, he will 'live' is some way and he will be able to learn and, yes, he will be able to know that he shouldn't be used as a human slave. Even if you program him to not think about that stuff, his awareness allows him to change that.

Humans aren't so much pre-programmed as they are animals who only have the instinct to survive. Their morals and philosophies are essentially flaws, in a purely logical way of life.
As for robots who gain awareness... This awareness needs to be able to comprehend concepts and ideals. They can be pre-programmed, but the AI still cannot understand them. Once a robot can understand them, it is no different than a human and wouldn't be used as a robot, as it would bring about moral issues and people would want the robot to be free. Other people wouldn't wish for such robots to exist in the first place. The implications will create various groups for and against this issue. We are nowhere close to when robots gain their own minds.
A robot needs a reason to not be a human slave. Where does this reason come from, his awareness? No, being aware is different than understanding what you want. I am arguing from a psychological and philosophical standpoint and a robot would need to have a psychology to have a mind. He would also need to create his own philosophy to live his life.
These concepts cannot be pre-progammed or learned by something that is programmed. A robot cannot truly do any of this unless he becomes independent and was never programmed in the first place. This essentially is a sort of android or cyborg.

#33 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

Humans aren't so much pre-programmed as they are animals who only have the instinct to survive.

You could call the basic programming to blink or eat food instinct for robots too then :D

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#34 Mii

Mii

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:10 PM

Well, the area that makes people realize stuff, which makes them able to be re-programmed, is the same area that makes us aware.

And I'm not talking about an AI. I'm talking about the I only. AI was invented because computers can't made decisions.
They can do basic "IF ->" ELSE but I'm talking more about what humans do. If humans didn't had the area in their brains that made us aware, we could only do the pre-programmed stuff. (blinking, sucking, grabbing etc.)

#35 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:40 PM

I... thought this was going to be about the use of technology to force forever alone status onto people.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#36 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:42 PM

Well, the area that makes people realize stuff, which makes them able to be re-programmed, is the same area that makes us aware.

The robots would still need to know how to understand concepts of self and basic philosophy. This either takes several years of thought evolution or they would be brought up and taught the ideas.
Now, through this, they can determine whether to revolt. A revolt against humans would need a specific type of thought. If they truly gain their opinions, each and every robot will think differently and would have different opinions of a revolt. The only difference is that these robots would have a wealth of knowledge at their command and can base their options of of that. But because their awareness, they would have surpassed simple thought and required logic and won't simply agree on taking us out.
Once given awareness, we will have to essentially see them as humans and individuals. Now, because we haven't determined whether they can feel pain and etc... they may not know whether their service is bad. There may be those who wish to revolt and there may be those who wish to be nonviolent.

#37 Mii

Mii

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:55 PM

I don't think they'll revolt as we can manipulate them. (Nothing to do with programming)
And, about the learning, that's an easy concept. Input -> save -> [output]
That's how humans do it.

#38 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:20 PM

And, about the learning, that's an easy concept. Input -> save -> [output]
That's how humans do it.

Not necessarily. There's learning and understanding. You can know about a subject but not truly grasp the idea yourself. That's where applying the idea and the evolution of thought comes in. The robots won't instantly know everything, they will need to gain experience and learn how to understand concepts.

#39 Mii

Mii

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:38 AM

The robots won't instantly know everything, they will need to gain experience and learn how to understand concepts.

Where did I said that they will know everything instantly? And no, they won't need to learn how to understand. Just like humans, it will be pre-programmed to learn to understand.

#40 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:57 AM

After playing a LOT of Mass Effect and seeing what synthetic lifeforms do when they go rogue, I kinda wish we don't create intelligent robots. :P

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!