#41 Mii

Mii

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:06 AM

I hope we do. They're cheaper then humans.

#42 AegisReflector

AegisReflector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:03 AM

Anybody ever watch I, Robot with Will Smith or read the original short sci-fi story by Isaac Asimov? There are a set of guidelines called Three Laws of Robotics that have helped shape the nature of Robotics and how AI should be treated if these were to be the "perfect" artificial beings.

Asimov himself wrote the Three Laws of Robotics, which states:
  • A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
  • A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
  • A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.
This "Zero Law" was also added by Asimov later in life: A robot may not harm humanity, or, by inaction, allow humanity to come to harm.

The only way for a robot to truly revolt or harm us if it's programmed from the inside to not obey the Laws. These guidelines are strict to the robotics industry as they provide a moral guideline for these machines to help make our life easier. If they were to program a robot without such guidelines, surely the human race would fall with a robotic revolution (I, Robot (the Will Smith movie) had the master Robot program named Vikki obtain faulty AI because she didn't have the Three Laws programmed, and because of this, all of the robots under her control turned on the humans when she saw that humans were a disease in themselves and therefore needed to be eliminated. Another robot, named Sunny, wasn't also programmed with the Three Laws, but he was also given Freewill so unlike Vikki, who was programmed to only control and solve, he helped Will Smith's character in deprogramming her)

Not saying that every robot who gets Freewill programmed into them will turn out to be heroes. They'd be just like humans, ergo they would be technologically similar to our intelligence.

#43 Mii

Mii

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:06 AM

There is a difference between AI and where we are (or at least I am) talking about.
A human hasn't got an AI. An AI is a simple IF-ELSE system. It can't be evolved without edits by a human.

#44 AegisReflector

AegisReflector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:13 AM

......Where did I say AI was in humans?

#45 Mii

Mii

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:20 AM

You didn't, but you started talking about AI while we were talking about how a robot could live without one. :huh:

#46 Nomad

Nomad

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:15 PM

I think it'll happen in 40-60 years. But I don't want it to.

Edited by Nomad, 30 March 2012 - 11:15 PM.

#47 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:46 AM

If an advanced AI was ever created I wish for it to be similar to EDI from the Mass Effect series.
There is no better AI than "her".

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#48 Mii

Mii

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:02 AM

This topic isn't about an AI, it's about robots having real intelligence. o_O

#49 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

Hopefully, never.
Posted Image

#50 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

<p>

After playing a LOT of Mass Effect and seeing what synthetic lifeforms do when they go rogue, I kinda wish we don't create intelligent robots. :P

Ikr. Lets get rid of Cleverbot.</p>

Edited by Sportsgamer, 16 April 2012 - 07:15 PM.

#51 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 14 July 2014 - 01:14 AM.

#52 Mii

Mii

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

Clever bot hasn't got intelligence at all. It has an AI.

Also, why's everyone so scared. If they will be like us there's no chance they'll take over the world or such. (al tough some humans tried before)

#53 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:23 AM

<p>-</p>

Edited by BazzDropperz, 13 July 2014 - 09:08 PM.

#54 Mii

Mii

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:18 AM

It's not intelligence. That's why it's called artificial intelligence and not just intelligence.
Also, humanity is dying. There's not enough money to pay all depth and not enough food to feed everyone on earth. If we can make "living" robots, they don't need food and are unlikely to get in depth due them being able to take multiple jobs. (They don't sleep )

#55 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 14 July 2014 - 01:30 AM.

#56 Mii

Mii

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:23 AM

I know what it means, but it isn't intelligence. The definition of intelligence is "The ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills. ". AI isn't able to acquire knowledge.

Edited by Mii, 17 April 2012 - 10:24 AM.

#57 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

I know what it means, but it isn't intelligence. The definition of intelligence is "The ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills. ". AI isn't able to acquire knowledge.

Wait, I thought the purpose of an AI was to be intelligent as they are supposed to perceive it's environment to solve problems in the most logical manner and keep that information for later use during similar instances.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#58 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:11 PM

<p>

<br />
Clever bot hasn&#39;t got intelligence at all. It has an AI. <br />
<br />
Also, why&#39;s everyone so scared. If they will be like us there&#39;s no chance they&#39;ll take over the world or such. (al tough some humans tried before)<br />

You don't say?
It's a joke, so don't take it so seriously.

#59 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

Technological singularity it truly impossible. You cant program a robot to do that no matter how long you try. Heck we can barely get a robot to play violin. In order to make a robot capable of thought isn't possible whatsoever. The only way to accomplish this is to actually create life. All robots are is circuits reacting and sending signals. Although this is similar to what the brain does, you cant accomplish this because a robot cant learn and adapt on its own or else it will have to rewrite all of its programming over again. People will have to have inhuman intelligence for this to happen. It just isnt possible.

Artificial intelligence is still intelligence - It's man-made intelligence, however crude it's been so far.

Artificial intelligence isn't true intelligence for it is only a bunch of numbers interacting with each other. It isnt thinking at all, its programing is just interacting.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#60 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:35 PM

My hit list:
WallE
Cleverbot
WiiU news bot