Photo

Nintendo speaks out saying enjoy the games, don't focus on specs.

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

http://www.beyond3d..../articles/118/7

This article is a year old and I didn't read it all, but it's quite interesting and I think they're right. Their predictions are based on the officially released facts of the Wii U (CPU and GPU have been sort of confirmed already, last year near E3). The conclusion is that the Xbox and PS of next gen will (most likely) be more powerful, but that the gap won't be as big as Wii-PS360.
No sig.

#42 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

u mean ps4 and xbox720.. right?

But they got a minus thing in them.. The latest leaks want the xbox and ps4 with 2 gpus.. Logical if we consider 4 controller with screens. Amd cpus, and here is where they loose a bit from wii U, as the power7 quad core is x2 better than the amd 6 cores.. lol

Thats not the point, the bad news are they will NOT allow anybody sell their old games, NOBODY will be able to play ANY game, if they dont have internet access.. And that alone, will bring their end as well!

Xbox and PS4 will be like a cable tv... but with games.. You pay phone bills? You play the game.. You dont pay the bills, or you dont have internet access? You are not able even to play a demo on it..

I am telling you they lost already the whole Africa because they dont have unlimited access and they pay per gigabyte or its extremely expensive! , and MANY eastern countries that internet access is very expensive ( EU, middle east and Asia)! its worthless.. So I do believe that wii U may be the platform that developers built their next gen games.. Because as far as I know, wii U is offline and online as well, so is going to sell MUCH MUCH better.

Edited by Orion, 07 April 2012 - 07:43 PM.

#43 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

Nintendo never cared about specs ever since the revelation of the Wii. I doubt they are going to about-face anytime soon.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#44 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

Nintendo never cared about specs ever since the revelation of the Wii. I doubt they are going to about-face anytime soon.

Nintendo knows though that specs are very important to get amazing 3rd party support so they have to make sure the Wii U will be close in power to the PS4 and 720, and I think we all know Nintendo secretly loves having amazing graphics, I mean look at Mario Galaxy 1/2 it looks on par with a 360 game, and they already said graphics will be very important for Zelda Wii U.

Edited by Meelow100, 07 April 2012 - 08:19 PM.

#45 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:49 PM

Orion, not to be mean, but a lot of what you said is rumors on rumors
I do agree though, I am a very big stickler when it comes to how people are draining money, I usually quit services if I see I payed more for 1 thing (cell phones and Microsoft windows for example), so Nintendo better not be restricting should-be things for the sake of my sanity,

as for graphics, Nintendo without any competition would boost the power WHEN NEEDED, some Zelda games are starting to require more power so guess what Nintendo does. They don't care about raw power unless they need it I assume, and that's what they are basing the quote on
:laugh:

#46 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

I'm trying to get IGN to report my rumor that the Wii U will launch with a built in coffee machine, mini fridge, and ice cream machine. Wouldn't be too difficult or will it?

LordPickleton.png

#47 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:33 AM

u mean ps4 and xbox720.. right?

But they got a minus thing in them.. The latest leaks want the xbox and ps4 with 2 gpus.. Logical if we consider 4 controller with screens. Amd cpus, and here is where they loose a bit from wii U, as the power7 quad core is x2 better than the amd 6 cores.. lol

Thats not the point, the bad news are they will NOT allow anybody sell their old games, NOBODY will be able to play ANY game, if they dont have internet access.. And that alone, will bring their end as well!

Xbox and PS4 will be like a cable tv... but with games.. You pay phone bills? You play the game.. You dont pay the bills, or you dont have internet access? You are not able even to play a demo on it..

I am telling you they lost already the whole Africa because they dont have unlimited access and they pay per gigabyte or its extremely expensive! , and MANY eastern countries that internet access is very expensive ( EU, middle east and Asia)! its worthless.. So I do believe that wii U may be the platform that Idevelopers built their next gen games.. Because as far as I know, wii U is offline and online as well, so is going to sell MUCH MUCH better.

I mean that the gap between the Wii U and PS4/Xbox 720 will be smaller than the gap between the Wii and PS3/Xbox 360 but that it will still be there.
No sig.

#48 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:24 AM

I'm trying to get IGN to report my rumor that the Wii U will launch with a built in coffee machine, mini fridge, and ice cream machine. Wouldn't be too difficult or will it?

Don't forget the foot-washer and Sandwich-maker features. :P
Posted Image

#49 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

I mean that the gap between the Wii U and PS4/Xbox 720 will be smaller than the gap between the Wii and PS3/Xbox 360 but that it will still be there.

the gap is unimportant, if sony and microsoft follow this politics with their new consoles.. they are doomed already.

How many willing to buy a console who does not allow u to play ur games if you dont pay bills, and does not allow u to sell ur old games... Who will apparently filter u and monitor u.. Well its not my cherry.. How much they will cost u when they get released with 2 gpu, etc.. 400? 500? You can get a cheap pc with better performance in games...

Pc rules them in this occasion.. So its a suicide movement, I love it. As long as nintendo keeps up the console thing and respect the gamers, with their exclusives, marios, zelda etc.. even if pc rules the market with such an obsession sony and microsoft got... They will always be a wii U in every home for their mario after all..

Right now pc gamers turn into consoles (many pc gamers except the lovers), to play their games, because steam and origin intruded into the market, forcing you to be monitored, pay bills and have digital distribution.

If they bring this thing into the console market, it will be reversed.. and hacking cracking, will be dramatically increased.

Edited by Orion, 08 April 2012 - 01:08 PM.

#50 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:04 AM

Yeah I agree. If you want super good specs, buy a pc. If you want awesome first-party Nintendo games for a decent price, buy a Wii U.
No sig.

#51 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:56 AM

I disagree with the "descent price" Pc games are always cheaper and depends the equipment, better. If the console is powerful and close to pc quality graphics, then innovation comes as an extra, plus you can enjoy it in your living room or in the floor (not in a chair / desk) lol, to purchase the console game instead.. But if the console have poor results, innovative and more expensive... then the cat eat the innovation and you buy the pc game.. hehehe

But there is already a topic with new leaks, that wii U is more like ps2---xbox360.. thats a big step forwrd.. I remember even ps2---xbox1 was a big step.. I think its 3-4 generations forward..

Edited by Orion, 11 April 2012 - 09:01 AM.

#52 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:02 AM

PS2-Xbox 360 seems like a HUGE leap, somewhat unbelievable. I'd rather stick with N64-DC.

Edited by Keviin, 11 April 2012 - 09:03 AM.

No sig.

#53 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:06 AM

hmmm its not a big leap!!! If i remember well, when xbox 360 released, it was the first year, that the unified shaders.. (cpu cores.. cuda or spus) appeared in the market!!! Thats why xbox have better graphics than ps3. Xbox got 48 unified shaders... The next gen consoles, will have (hopefully) 400+++++ that alone is a HUGE step forwrd. its power.

The gpu that xbox use, originally have 64 unified shaders, and microsoft modified it to 48... They cut it 1/4... If I consider the gpu that wii U will use, got 850 (r770 chipset) unified shaders and if they cut it 25%.. is going to have about 500-600+ shaders.. If they cut alot more, less than 400.. then HUSTON we got a problem.. I mean, is not going to be comparable with ps4 and xbox720.. Is going to be much stronger than 360 and ps3, but 2 generations behind in graphics, from the other 2 (ps4 and 720), as the new ps4 and 720, are rumored for dual gpu.. more than 800 unified shaders. So lets hope wii U got about 500-600 shaders.. Is going to be almost equal and in some things, better, because it has much stronger cpu...

Thats why people must NOT believe this rumors, that wii U got less shaders than xbox360.. it is such a joke!! look the numbers..

Edited by Orion, 11 April 2012 - 09:19 AM.

#54 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:55 PM

ok, ok, everyone... it's clear that Nintendo isn't saying that their console will be "underpowered" by telling fans to focus on games rather than specs...

but seriously, who can deny that this kind of statement pushes certain kinds of very predictable response buttons in people's heads? Is Nintendo really ignorant of the fact that people are GOING to hear "underpowered" when you tell them not to think about specs?

I just think that it is a very disappointing angle to take with consumers... I mean, they point blank admitted that what "a lot of people like" (dissecting specs) doesn't really matter to them, and that kind of statement can be disheartening to consumers already suffering from trust issues with a company due to its perceived willingness to ignore them.

Nintendo's track record with hardware has included a great number of significant lost opportunities due to the decisions that they have made, and I think that people have a right to be nervous about this...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!