General Wii U E3 2012 Discussion

Wii U Hardware

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:13 AM

Is a long damn wait. All I'm saying. I'm begging Nintendo to release some concrete info before E3. Especially in lite of every week there is a new site trying to tarnish the Wii U name before the console even launches. And I already know Reggie said there will be information given out throughout the year up until E3. But plain and simple I don't believe him.

Edited by TRON, 04 April 2012 - 09:15 AM.

#22 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:22 AM

Honestly I really don't know other than I lost faith in Humanity being able to express common sense. Nintendo could go say something like the Wiiu is running off a modified radeon 6990 and the recent dev kit is surpassing radeon 7970 in quite a few respects and stuff like it being weaker than the last gen consoles would still go around and be believed so im not sure if Nintendo could do anything.

#23 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:50 AM

Wait until the next investors meeting. There'll be some more info there.

#24 BeyondSmash

BeyondSmash

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

Honestly I really don't know other than I lost faith in Humanity being able to express common sense. Nintendo could go say something like the Wiiu is running off a modified radeon 6990 and the recent dev kit is surpassing radeon 7970 in quite a few respects and stuff like it being weaker than the last gen consoles would still go around and be believed so im not sure if Nintendo could do anything.

That would be fantastic if the Wii U can do a 7970. EDIT: But it'd be like $400-500 for that.
I'm getting a 6950 for my PC this Friday.

Edited by BeyondSmash, 04 April 2012 - 10:51 AM.

#25 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

That would be fantastic if the Wii U can do a 7970.
I'm getting a 6950 for my PC this Friday.

Yeah but I was just using that as a example I really didn't mean it being that strong since in specs it won't.
That being said apart from resolution I think that next gen console titles will look better than games on that card right now since that is the pattern even though that card will run next gen games better or at least at first until 4 years into it ,in which the crazy optimization of the games on console pushes something that the card can't handle because of less specific optimization for games to run on that specific graphic cards compared to console even if the specs are weaker.
(wow that was a mouthful)
But that being said that why well I do use computer graphics to get a idea their not the most percise thing to use since the consoles games will be optimize to that console which is why you really can't go by the performance of a specific card on the PC alone.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 04 April 2012 - 11:00 AM.

#26 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

They have to sell me on this console as of now. I'm just not sold anymore. I have no problem skipping next gen because I won't buy PS4 or Nextbox.

#27 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

720!!!!! Not Nextbox. Nextbox is the name of a DVR. Wii U is the saviour of video games its all good.

They have to sell me on this console as of now. I'm just not sold anymore. I have no problem skipping next gen because I won't buy PS4 or Nextbox.

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#28 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

720!!!!! Not Nextbox. Nextbox is the name of a DVR. Wii U is the saviour of video games its all good.

it's microsoft NEXTBOX :D lol

but yah i want some info too but i doubt it's gonna happen until maybe late this month

Signature_Fox.png

#29 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

Who will be the first company to build a Console that can be upgraded like a PC? Right now sound like a good idea, but I have huge doubts that it is.

LordPickleton.png

#30 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

Who will be the first company to build a Console that can be upgraded like a PC? Right now sound like a good idea, but I have huge doubts that it is.

Nintendo maybe. I don't see Microsoft and Sony sticking in the console business after the next gen.

Posted Image

#31 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

Sega did with the Genesis I think :laugh:console addons

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 04 April 2012 - 02:34 PM.

#32 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

Actually that was a pre E3 rumore about the then project cafe. Who knows... But I do know nintendo has a trick up their sleeve with this console... So E3 is going to be interesting.

#33 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

Follow the dates on this thread;

http://thewiiu.com/t...ii-u-before-e3/

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#34 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

I know what you mean man. I have been a bipolar this last year with the Wii U. I got all pumped up and excited last April with the revealing of Project Cafe. Then around Xmas time it died down as I enjoyed my PS3 and PC more. Then it picked up again, especially with Mark Rein's comment on it's capabilties and Vigil praising it. Then it went back down this week reading GAF and the rainbowload of rumors about it being at best an Xbox 360 with a touchscreen controller.

But I got a feeling at E3 Nintendo will pull out all the stops, talk about the online, the launch lineup, price, trailers, release date, and some secret feature that ppl are talking about that Nintendo is holding back (I don't think it's NFC either).

But some people will be dissapointed because Nintendo doesn't release specs so ppl won't know the true Wii U power until a person takes it apart and determines the clock speeds like they did with the 3DS http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Hardware

My best answer is just be patient, ignore the rumors or take them with a grain of salt and just wait for E3. I mean c'mon, this is Nintendo, and they always deliver and prove doubters wrong. (I mean remember the carp storm about Wind Waker being cel-shaded, or the Wii not being HD? Or the 3D in the 3DS was just a gimmick and all those games and consoles would fail? What happened after that?)
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#35 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:08 AM

Good online without friend codes and the ability to friend request people without having to search the internet to add people to your friends list.

I'm not worried about the games They will be good enough for me.

A slightly redisign of the controller A,B,X,Y should go above the slide pad/stick not below it and even a little to the right even if they had to add a little extra plastic, so be it. This way it would feel more like a gamecube layout I'd like that.

Also They say you can use the controler as a mic but I would prefer to not be limited to that, blue tooth and headsets would be another nice option. Also being able to talk to ANYONE would be another nice feature, Playing against A group of friends who can chat While on a team of randoms who can't is annoying. Being able to actually work together as a team or just talk is much more fun.

#36 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:13 PM

Good online without friend codes and the ability to friend request people without having to search the internet to add people to your friends list.

I'm not worried about the games They will be good enough for me.

A slightly redisign of the controller A,B,X,Y should go above the slide pad/stick not below it and even a little to the right even if they had to add a little extra plastic, so be it. This way it would feel more like a gamecube layout I'd like that.

Also They say you can use the controler as a mic but I would prefer to not be limited to that, blue tooth and headsets would be another nice option. Also being able to talk to ANYONE would be another nice feature, Playing against A group of friends who can chat While on a team of randoms who can't is annoying. Being able to actually work together as a team or just talk is much more fun.

The bluetooth would be compatible for sure. What if you use the Wii/CC(P) in multiplayer online, it would have to be compatible.

#37 Bootortle

Bootortle

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Fandom:
    All of Nintendo

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

What do you expect to see at E3 2012 from Nintendo?
Obviously, we're getting Wii U and 3DS news, but what games are you expecting or hoping for? I would like to see a new Metroid, Donkey Kong, or Yoshi. Give Mii your opinions! (Are there any other threads like this?)
Hi! I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!

#38 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:23 PM

There is most likely a thread like this already.

I would like a new Metroid, (Launch title) Zelda, (Not gonna happen though.)
Maybe Nintendo will announce the 2D Mario for the 3DS.
N, just make it awesome, the best E3 the world has ever seen!!!!

#39 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

There's two of these already.
1 in wii games
1 in wii hardware

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#40 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

There's two of these already.
1 in wii games
1 in wii hardware

Search the forums there are plenty of prediction threads already

Edited by That Guy, 10 April 2012 - 04:35 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii U Hardware

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!