#41 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:01 PM

Arkham Asylum and Arkham City was an original IP...

i agree with you and tron except for rocksteady imo they haven't done enough to prove themselves, sure they made an amazing game but i want to see an original ip from them before i call them top 5. till then gearbox is my fifth for that list

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#42 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:12 PM

http://paulgalenetwo...id-fusion-saga/

As always, take this with a grain of salt. We'll know in a couple of weeks whether this is true or not.

Paul Gale from Paul Gale Network who broke the news is the same guy that reported a new TMNT a while back, and also the new Sony fighter. The latter turned out to be true.

So, if this rumor turns out to be true, what are your thoughts on it?

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/199/693/disgusted-mother-of-god.png

#43 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:50 PM

Now this......I didn't think any of us expected?

I've never doubted Retro's work before and this is definitely not the place to start.
I'm personally interested in the inevitable humourous banters between the characters if this game were to be true. :D

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#44 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:37 AM

Now this......I didn't think any of us expected?

I've never doubted Retro's work before and this is definitely not the place to start.
I'm personally interested in the inevitable humourous banters between the characters if this game were to be true. :D

this type of project would explain the amount and types of people they have been hiring as of late.

Arkham Asylum and Arkham City was an original IP...

yes the game was original but their using established characters, weapons and settings, stop trying to argue for the sake of arguing.

#45 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:40 AM

Now I have to just say ... guys, if they were going to fuse two games together, Metroid and Star Fox would fix it nicely. Samus could easily find herself in a unknown part of the universe, where she meets Fox and the team. They then find out that Andros is using the Metroid's to make himself and his army stronger. It would be weird, and possibly confusing, but it could work. And I have no reason to doubt Retro's ability to make any game work.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#46 CaptainFalco311

CaptainFalco311

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Fandom:
    Earthbound/Mother, Metroid, Zelda

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:44 AM

No. Just... no. All I want is StarFox Assault 2 HD Online with 4 vs. 4, Star Fox vs. Star Wolf team deathmatches over Nintendo Network. Now, Retro, shut up and take my money.

<- Just imagine this... in 1080p... 8 player online.... mmm...

#47 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:32 AM

^the level design is boring tho
No sig.

#48 jackedward17

jackedward17

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Fandom:
    StarFox, DK, Mario, Zelda

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:06 AM

SPOILER: Slippy falls in love with Samus!

:laugh: Anyways, if done properly I would consider it. Remember how everybody was worried about how Retro would continue DKC without the Kremlings? They pulled it off amazing (even though I still missed them crocodiles).
So if this rumor is true. Retro will pull it off to please both Starfox, and Metroid fans.

#49 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:34 AM

If you think about it, it's the best way to have a on foot starfox. Metroid had always been on foot, at least when you control her. Ad Star Fix SHOULD be in a cockpit. So if they can make an epic story, put it all together in one happy family, then I am down. I just hope they make a trilogy out of Star Fox whatever they do. I don't want just one game. I want three!

#50 Kuta∞sthA

Kuta∞sthA

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:36 AM

This is like combining Attack of the Killer Tomatoes with Alien. [/thread]

#51 Vaati

Vaati

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:40 AM

Retro have never yet disappointed me, if any other developer was linked with a project like this alarm bells would be ringing. But if it's true, it's in very good hands.
- 'Let me show you true power!'

#52 Waluigi

Waluigi

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • NNID:Waluigi
  • Fandom:
    Elder Scrolls, Pokemon, and SSB

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:15 AM

If this is true, they could easily add F-zero into the mix. This would be easy considerig they are all futureistict.

Edited by Taco Ninja 83, 20 May 2012 - 11:15 AM.

Nintendo ID: Waluigi

#53 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:22 PM

If this is true, they could easily add F-zero into the mix. This would be easy considerig they are all futureistict.

No no no, fzero is a futuristic racer, that's all they do is race.. Starcox and metroid both fly ships and battle on land. I believe they could possibly meet though fzero Is pushing it

Posted Image

#54 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:16 PM

No that would not make sense at all they can only add Captain Falcon. Look:

That can't relate to Starfox and Metroid in any way. I think this rumor is fake because they said they were working on something everybody wanted and I've never heard anyone want this.

#55 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:18 PM

That can't relate to Starfox and Metroid in any way. I think this rumor is fake because they said they were working on something everybody wanted and I've never heard anyone want this.

Wait...... Half of people wanted a new star fox, the other wanted a new metroid, together you have something everyone wants, new metroid and starfox... Mind=blown

Posted Image

#56 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

It could work. Both are space themed franchises. I can see players controlling Samus's ship and/or the Arwing through multiple missions and then having ground like missions, where Fox uses cover based shooting a la Mass Effect combat, while Samus controls more like the Prime games. There could be voiceover and comchat, etc.

But I would rather each franchise get a nice HD reboot with lot's of eyecandy and great tablet use.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#57 I4got2pullout999

I4got2pullout999

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:07 PM

Sounds interesting, on the other hand maybe their working on a completely new ip, hope it's good tho, retro has never let me down

#58 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:49 PM

The more and more I hear of this game the more I want it. I think as long as they make it so they are two independent games that are smashed together into one game I think it will be awesome. Make me feel like I am playing a stand alone Star Fox game, and then proceed to make me feel like I am playing a stand alone Metroid adventure. Yes there will be weird continuity, but wouldn't that be the same as with Smash Bros? In fact I think this will take the alternate universe approach to it much like Smash Bros does. I think that this is actually true, and am very optimistic about the outcome. Hopefully this will become a big new series for Nintendo (not just with Star Fox and Metroid, but rather the Fusion Saga part). Who wants to see Pit team up with Marth, Olimar with Ness, or even start bringing in 3RD party characters and have a game with Sonic and Mario! I for one would love this.

Edited by Mignaga, 20 May 2012 - 05:51 PM.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#59 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:11 PM

Zelda and Final Fantasy... Fusion Saga!

#60 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:22 PM

Zelda and Final Fantasy... Fusion Saga!

Exactly! I can't wait to see if this actually exists!

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!