Photo

Wiiu Cpu just as powerful as the ps3-360 and its Gpu 1.5 x stronger? (Please no)

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#81 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

English isnt your furst language is it?

Not like I can get mad at you for being bi lingual... Though i am a bit jealous i stink with other languages. So props to being bi lingual.

However you did catastrophically fail to correctly identify what was actually said.... As i didnt make any of the assertations you are responding too.

Merely that if you are covering physics with a cpu, you dont need the extra power in a gpu for physics.

Also, the v1 devkit cpu and gpu of the wii u sdk, along with the v1 devkit of EVERY system ever made are not what goes into the final retail product.

Spoiler
I am Hellenic And I am also dyslectic.. So double the damage. :P I c panic in u? When there is no answer, u turned it into my linguistics.. hehe :P

Edited by Orion, 09 June 2012 - 02:57 PM.

#82 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:43 PM

I thought you guys would be done by now.

LordPickleton.png

#83 dragomix

dragomix

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • NNID:dragomix
  • Fandom:
    PC and Nintendo fan

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:48 PM

Είμαι Έλληνας κάτι που και να θες, δεν θα μπορούσες ποτέ να μάθεις… Είναι μια από της δύσκολες γλώσσες του κόσμου, αν όχι η ποιο δύσκολη του κόσμου. Και δεν νομίζω ότι θα έπρεπε να θυμώσεις επειδή μιλώ ελληνικά, αφού τα περισσότερα από τα αγγλικά, είναι κλεμμένα από τα ελληνικά! I am Hellenic And I am also dyslectic.. So double the damage. :P

Orthodox brother, believe in Wii U! :) Watch this:

http://www.eurogamer...vs-wiiu-e3-2012

#84 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

Spoiler

Edited by Orion, 09 June 2012 - 03:02 PM.

#85 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:06 PM

Spoiler
I am Hellenic And I am also dyslectic.. So double the damage. :P I c panic in u? When there is no answer, u turned it into my linguistics.. hehe :P

Ah, my wifes dyslexic, so I know how dealing with that can go.

But yeah, I stink with languages, Cant even get the hang of the 'romance languages' which, supposedly, people tell me are the 'easy ones'.... so Im impressed by people who are bilingual.

Dont fret about those specs man. They arent final. The final ones might not meet your expectations either, but theyll be better than those.

And who knows, Nintendo might pull another gamecube and throw out a 50% increase to the beta devkit a month before release (ask factor 5 what THAT kind of crunch time is like).

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#86 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:07 PM

I've noticed something about that, though. I saw in an interview on Spike with the CEO of Ubisoft, Yves Guillemot, where he too said that Wii U is powerful. But when he got into more detail about it he talked only about the controller this and the controller that but stated nothing about the console's ability to produce next-gen graphics. A similar pattern can be seen by other developers who say that the console is "next-gen" and "powerful" but then talk only about what the controller can do and nothing else.

This doesn't mean that Wii U won't be able to produce next-gen graphics, I have a feeling it will, especially from what I saw from Zelda HD and the Bird demo, but even with these seemingly direct statements about the consoles power, it's hard to know what the developers interpretation of "next-gen" and "powerful" are unless they spill the beans on the consoles updated specs. I mean, there are some developers that have said PS3 and XBOX 360 are powerful but it's too general of a statement.

When it comes down to comparing the specs of the current-gen systems with Wii U, however, there can be a consensus on just how much more powerful it is and if it will truly be able to support future software like UE4, ect.

that's because people like yves guillemot and other CEOs dont know much about graphics and tech so they can't really talk about that stuff, they're just business man but not experts or devs. that's why they talk about the controller. when i saw the vigil guy saying it's next gen he was specifically answering a question about "graphical capability." also when gearbox's compliments came from developrs not businessman and they followed up by saying the wii u version of aliens will be the best looking.
Posted Image

#87 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

The only certain thing is, that the cpu in the spec leaks.. is not a power7... power7 got L1 L2 L3 cache.. this is power PC L1 and L2 cache. And there is also one more leak the last hour... Somebody posted images from starfox wii U edition, and he claims it is real... search it. (I was about to create another topic about it, but the images are a bit.. out of focus or incomplete.. @GBAtemp.net)

Edited by Orion, 09 June 2012 - 03:25 PM.

#88 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:34 PM

The only certain thing is, that the cpu in the spec leaks.. is not a power7... power7 got L1 L2 L3 cache.. this is power PC L1 and L2 cache. And there is also one more leak the last hour... Somebody posted images from starfox wii U edition, and he claims it is real... search it. (I was about to create another topic about it, but the images are a bit.. out of focus or incomplete.. @GBAtemp.net)

Those spec leaks are true. But the fact its NOT a power derivitive is what proves that its an early version devkit... As both nintendo and ibm confirmed power, not power pc.

As for star fox.... The leak came from 4chan....

Edited by 3Dude, 09 June 2012 - 03:35 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#89 silverismoney

silverismoney

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:09 PM

yes power not powerpc witch took me by supprise !!!!!!!!!!! but it makes sense it supports gx2 the multi core version of gx and also supports porting from x360 so it makes sense

it also has the custom graphics write/gather pipe buffer that gekko and broadway have they might have even done away with 2x threading per core and added exercution units but i dount it the 2mb level 2 catch to a single core is turbocore/burst processing that core alone will be a huge leap over x360

i think its a gekko/broadway- fied version of power6 and power6 is a good lead ahead of xenon and a much richer deeper cpu and of course its custom to nintendo im wondering is this cpu still able to feed from the 32mb edram possible and im also wondering is there a edram TEXTURE CATCH 32mb how much is buffer how much is texture catch and how much is used to held render controller graphics

x360 just about gets away with 10mb edram @ 500mhz if wiiu had 20mb for buffering at say 800ish mhz then ad the shere speed ibm edram offers thats a big boost over x360

could we be looking at 3.0ghz cpu 1.5ghz bus and a 750mhz gpu also the spec leak states 8 render targets x360 supports 3/4 render targets its looking like wiiu is a 16 pipe r7 gpu

the power 6 also supports DPU aswell as FLOUTING POINT UNITS for money math calculations im guessing all the custom data compression of gekko and broadway is also supported 4X COMPRESSION 2MB CATCH = WOW

sound processor supports 5.1 surround and stereo surround to wiiu pad AT THE SAME TIME as well as mono sound to wii remotes thats a handy little sound processor hope theres a ARM co-processor also

so it would be tri core cpu sound processor and arm co chip VS xenon its clearly 3x4x x360 to sane non fanboy types

bit of advice stop confusing your own geek needs for specs and graphics demos with wiiu being underpowered just because e3 didnt give you what u wanted dont mean it aint there

power6 came with and without l3 catch and with it on chip and also of chip (like wiiu spec leak) power6 had dedicated l2 catch per core that peaked at 2mb so put all this together

#90 Repsys7

Repsys7

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:09 PM

My expectations about gpu are very low.. I have it as a minimum And with this gpu and EVEN DOUBLE TRIPLE quadro, sixqudro of that cpu... wii U will not be able to run the new engines. We can make a bet.. if u wish..

Xbox 360 got ATI graphics card equivalent to 1900xt and power pc cpu... wii U have the same brands parts on it Ibm cpu and AMD gpu.. and u insist that wii U can run any engine as a next gen system,because of havoK.. ur so wrong. Microsoft also have directx and they used it alot on xbox.. Now that xbox came to its limits we can see what xbox can do... its about that with better graphics in wii U, thats all.. but not modern game engines.

And xbox720, ps4 are amd gpus, but they do need the tflops to run the new engines.. lol

Are you thick? I realize you dont speak english well but you speak it good enough to realize and to take in the fact that THESE ARENT FINAL SPECS FOR Wii SAKE.

#91 silverismoney

silverismoney

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:06 PM

LOL @ eurogamer the most anti nintendo site in existence after CVG got to love that article its based on no efidence whats so ever hows a hd 2d mario game evidence of power IDIOTS

#92 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:06 AM

LOL @ eurogamer the most anti nintendo site in existence after CVG got to love that article its based on no efidence whats so ever hows a hd 2d mario game evidence of power IDIOTS

They didnt use mario to make any determination of power.

They said its locked at 60fps, looks like a great mario game, but is hardly indictive of power.

In fact they said practically NONE of nintendos first party games gave any indication of power.... For the most part they said they pretty much couldnt make heads or tails of the situation.

They were really rather fair and level headed.

And they even added that they recieved reports that the games shown werent made on final hardware and were running through unoptimized middleware.... And yet Arkham city was still all around better looking AND provided AA.

Probably the only thing I think they failed to do was consider pikmins genre when considering its graphics. When compared to 360/ps3 games in similar genres... Like halo wars or red alert 3 at the same camera distance from the action.... It completely and absolutely destroys them. Like gen change destroys them.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#93 dragomix

dragomix

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Fandom:
    PC and Nintendo fan

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:22 AM

http://www.nowgamer....ev_rumour.html?

#94 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:22 AM

There is a article here about the wii U version of batman being visually inferior to ps3

http://www.gamenguid...ue-gameplay.htm

Bear in mind the ps3 gpu is already inferior to 360. Generally multiformat titles don't make use of the cell processor to compensate for the weaker gpu which is why on ps3 the best games are games developed from the ground up on ps3 rather than ported across from 360. Also we know the wii u has plenty of memory and a large capacity optical drive so there is no issue there. The weak texturing, lighting, shadowing could be cpu related but is more than likely due to weaknesses in the gpu. Yes it has to create both graphics for the main screen and game pad but then if the wii U was a powerful console it should be able to do this easily.

I know it could just be a rough early port of the game but you can't just keep making excuses forever it really looks like a console that is graphically weak with absolutely no evidence that goes the other way. The wii U should be showing graphics at least equal and in some ways slightly enhanced of current gen titles to indicate it has a superior gpu. If it can not match the graphics easily of current gen then its hardly going to be capable of taking on next gen consoles from Microsoft and Sony.

#95 dragomix

dragomix

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Fandom:
    PC and Nintendo fan

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:46 AM

There is a article here about the wii U version of batman being visually inferior to ps3

http://www.gamenguid...ue-gameplay.htm

Bear in mind the ps3 gpu is already inferior to 360. Generally multiformat titles don't make use of the cell processor to compensate for the weaker gpu which is why on ps3 the best games are games developed from the ground up on ps3 rather than ported across from 360. Also we know the wii u has plenty of memory and a large capacity optical drive so there is no issue there. The weak texturing, lighting, shadowing could be cpu related but is more than likely due to weaknesses in the gpu. Yes it has to create both graphics for the main screen and game pad but then if the wii U was a powerful console it should be able to do this easily.

I know it could just be a rough early port of the game but you can't just keep making excuses forever it really looks like a console that is graphically weak with absolutely no evidence that goes the other way. The wii U should be showing graphics at least equal and in some ways slightly enhanced of current gen titles to indicate it has a superior gpu. If it can not match the graphics easily of current gen then its hardly going to be capable of taking on next gen consoles from Microsoft and Sony.

Again:

If you have eyes you will see the differences between PS3 and Wii U. Wii U is in pair with PC on 720p resolution. There is hardware tessellation!

#96 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:05 PM

Again:

If you have eyes you will see the differences between PS3 and Wii U. Wii U is in pair with PC on 720p resolution. There is hardware tessellation!

Well the eurogamer info sounds much more positive with regard Batman except for the frame rate issue.

Overall the article reads like a console performing more or less the same as current gen consoles, in some ways better in some ways worse.

To be honest I was hopeing for a bit more, not much more but I was hopeing it would show itself to clearly be at least 2x as powerful without any doubt.

#97 dragomix

dragomix

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Fandom:
    PC and Nintendo fan

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:52 PM

Well the eurogamer info sounds much more positive with regard Batman except for the frame rate issue.

Overall the article reads like a console performing more or less the same as current gen consoles, in some ways better in some ways worse.

To be honest I was hopeing for a bit more, not much more but I was hopeing it would show itself to clearly be at least 2x as powerful without any doubt.

This is ported game from 360. It can't be munch better than 360. Look at Mass Effect 3, 60FPS and PC port of the game. All the games were made on OLDER DEV KITS, keep that in mind.

#98 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:56 PM

@silverismoney I think the processor IS a mixture of power 6 and power 7. Both of these were made for servers. So the custom gpu would take what they need for games and combine it in one. We do know POWER7 tech is in the CPU, from what IBM has said in the past.

Either way, we wont see a powerpc in it.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#99 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

Ah, my wifes dyslexic, so I know how dealing with that can go.

But yeah, I stink with languages, Cant even get the hang of the 'romance languages' which, supposedly, people tell me are the 'easy ones'.... so Im impressed by people who are bilingual.

Off topic but I'm practically a linguist nerd so...
I also hate romance languages. They sound the worst to me, not even getting into their verb conjugation... Anyways, if you're interested in practising with an easy to learn language with almost full regularity, there's always Esperanto. It's sorta like Latin based vocab with Germanic grammatical structure so the learning is very easy. The word building is also similar to German so the vocab learning is kept down a lot.

But to be more on topic, I wish the specs were leaked already. All this fighting over the specs is insane. xD
Posted Image

#100 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

This is ported game from 360. It can't be munch better than 360. Look at Mass Effect 3, 60FPS and PC port of the game. All the games were made on OLDER DEV KITS, keep that in mind.

What do you think is going to be the case for 99% of the multi-platform games that come out for 360/PS3/Wii U? They're ALL going to be ported from 360 or PS3. Nobody is going to develop for the Wii U first. That's just how it's going to be, these developers are already much more familiar with the other systems. So even if the Wii U is capable of better graphics, you'll never see it on third-party games as long as the 360/PS3 is around...and then, of course, when the PS4/720 come around, my GUESS is that they'll be significantly powerful and anything ported to the Wii U will look less than stellar visually compared to the other 2. Sucks but that's the risk Nintendo is taking coming out now seemingly without anything resembling future-proof graphics. I don't think most gamers will be taken-in with the gamepad the way they were with the WiiMote years ago, and thus willing to give the graphics a pass this time around.

I've always had very little interest in ports of games like Arkham City or an upcoming title like Darksiders 2 coming to Wii U because I already have a 360 and PS3, and I'm guessing most hardcore gamers are in the same boat. It's pretty disappointing and telling that Nintendo is touting third-party games that are coming out for the current gen systems as "third party support." Yeah...sure...now. What about after next year? I don't think we'll see nearly as many games ported from PS4/720 down to the Wii U.

Nintendo had the stage to really start the buzz for this machine, and really all they did was turn away almost everyone who was excited or interested save the fanboy base. Harsh words, but c'mon, it's true. I'm guilty, I bought into the pre-E3 hype, but it's pretty evident Nintendo isn't revealing killer graphics or much else because it's just not there to reveal.

I've been stocking Gamestop credit for a year or so and was dead set on pre-ordering Wii U leading up to E3....and now I'm maybe 20% still going to pre-order it, but if I miss the window, I couldn't care less. I've seen absolutely nothing that shows me I need to own this console on Day 1 with a 360 and a PS3 already in my house (and a Wii for that matter). I'll burn through 2 launch titles with "pretty good" graphics and then it'll sit on my shelf for a year until 1 more decent game comes out for it. Then it'll totally be forgotten when the real next-gen systems come out.

Prove me wrong, Nintendo...and do it soon.

Edited by JaylisJayP, 10 June 2012 - 04:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!