Photo

Wiiu Cpu just as powerful as the ps3-360 and its Gpu 1.5 x stronger? (Please no)

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#61 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:50 AM

Oh, and it doesnt mean if unreal engine 4 is written in x86... all this years all unreal versions runn in both platforms... PC and consoles with power pc's. As for cry engine .. or all engine... they have many versions, we dont know about 3.9 yet.. they got 3 - 3.1 - 3.2....... And lets just dont be blind, this leaks with specs, shows a very weak gpu.. same tech with 360 gpu 8 rops.. and probably it is 150-320 SPUs...

I hope somebody, will leak the dev 4 specs.. Because nintendo doesnt.. Or wait for a DETAILED hardware review before we decide...

Edited by Orion, 09 June 2012 - 11:54 AM.

#62 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:01 PM

Oh, and it doesnt mean if unreal engine 4 is written in x86... all this years all unreal versions runn in both platforms... PC and consoles with power pc's. As for cry engine .. or all engine... they have many versions, we dont know about 3.9 yet.. they got 3 - 3.1 - 3.2....... And lets just dont be blind, this leaks with specs, shows a very weak gpu.. same tech with 360 gpu 8 rops.. and probably it is 150-320 SPUs...

I hope somebody, will leak the dev 4 specs.. Because nintendo doesnt.. Or wait for a DETAILED hardware review before we decide...

Um... just how many current pc's use power pc dude?

I must have missed the g6.

And why are you bringing up the gpu when its confirmed the board is placeholder? From v1/2 devkits?

Like you said dude... You are goingbto have to wait.

But I wouldnt expect a superpowered gpu, the kind designed to run physics/physics ai through them with that power after nintendo announced its partnership with havok, a cpu centric physics/ai company.

Edited by 3Dude, 09 June 2012 - 12:09 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#63 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:05 PM

pc are not power pc.. but consoles were, all of them till recently, even cell runs unreal engine and its not power pc.. It is a bit more complicated... I bring up the gpu, because the gpu in this specs.. is horrible.. A small upgrade from 360

Also u speak about dev1-2... And I asked some guru guys, what if.. dev 4.. etc etc... they said : this things will not change, it may be even weaker as an overall in the retail. I dont speak about ram..

I just read in Neogaf, that wii U is about 360gflops GPU power and the next consoles, pointing to 1.8-2 TFLOPS ... that means the next gen consoles, will be 5x-6x times stronger than wii U.. The same story will be repeated.. Ok I am not typing anything else, I will wait for the hardware review and if this leaks and rumors are true, its not for me.. IF wii U leaks are accurate, then I may wait till nintendo have AMAZING aaa games, and extrondinary price drop, arround 100 -120 euro.. and get it for this games only... http://neogaf.com/fo....php?p=38704069

Edited by Orion, 09 June 2012 - 12:28 PM.

#64 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:13 PM

pc are not power pc.. but consoles were, all of them till recently, even cell runs unreal engine and its not power pc.. It is a bit more complicated... I bring up the gpu, because the gpu in this specs.. is horrible.. A small upgrade from 360

Cell is power pc, and runs power isa instruction, and is advertised by ibm under the power family.

ALL the consoles out are STILL PowerPC. That doesnt change the fact it was a LONG time ago that they were chosen to BE power pc, like, 2003.....

And gigantic, huge, MASSIVE changes in the processor market happened in 2005/6.

Making it incredibly easy to spot internet kids spouting fake rumours. Like the durango, which is a copy paste from ibms blue gene wiki page.

And WHO CARES about a placeholder gpu?

And again, The gamecubes beta sdk, the very last one before the final kit, was literally HALF as powerful as the final product.

They ALWAYS change... IMMENSELY. What you are listening to, are internet kiddies spreading rumours.

Edited by 3Dude, 09 June 2012 - 12:23 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#65 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:27 PM

cell is a bit complicated.. 1 core with 8 threads but not exactly as a thread.. but more like an individual cpu.. 486dx... bizarre cpu.. As for the wii U, again... I am not buying it on release, if I dont read DETAILED from inside OUT review.. And my expectations are, AT LEAST 1.2 tflop gpu... (right now they speak about 360 gflops man... horrible, 4 times weaker than my expectations)... lets wait. 1.2 tflop horse power in graphics, for me is more than enough to compete ps4 and 720... (even if the others got 1.8 or 2 tflops... I dont care about the other consoles much.. maybe sony but I have to choose between 1 consoles),

Edited by Orion, 09 June 2012 - 12:47 PM.

#66 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:46 PM

cell is a bit complicated.. 1 core with 8 threads but not exactly as a thread.. but more like an individual cpu.. 486dx... bizarre cpu.. As for the wii U, again... I am not buying it on release... if I dont read DETAILED from inside OUT.. review.. And my expectations are, AT LEAST 1.2 tflop gpu... (right now they speak about 360 gflops man... horrible 4 times weaker than my expectations)... lets wait. 1.2 tflop horse power in graphics, for me is more than enough to compete ps4 and 720... (even if the others got 1.8 or 2 tflops... )

Theres nothing complicated about the fact cell runs power isa instructions.... As its 'PPE' is just a power pc processor.

And if youre REALLY concerned about graphical performance you should stop worrying about peak floating point operations and start thinking about the half a dozen or so other things that have a bigger impact.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#67 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:49 PM

If wii U is strong STRONG and competitive with the next gen, is going to sell even better than wii. AND NOT only hardware, but software as well..! So there the money will be, and all engines will run into it... So this is a kind of excuse as well... I have nothing to worry about, instead of a very powerful or a weak wii U.. Because it sounds like an excuse...

1) wii U is weak, on par or a bit better than 360.. just to get all ports from the current gen... So it will have nothing to worry about for a couple of years... it will sell ok.. But when the next gen and developers jumb into their new engines.. wii U sales will drop dramatically.

2) Wii U is very strong, competitive.. it gains many many customers, hardcores and casuals... it sells extraordinary well.. and when the next gen consoles come out, it will start showing its teeth. Surely with large number of customers, epic and ANY epic, will make a wii U edition of their engine, because they want to target the wii U customers as well..

wii have 96 million customers, but due to its low power, retires... Imagine that in a point.. it was like 2 consoles (360 + ps3) overall customers in 1 console... Surely any company would love to make an alternative edition of their engine.. if the system is strong enough and it has LOTS of customers, like wii DID....!

Edited by Orion, 09 June 2012 - 12:57 PM.

#68 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:14 PM

If wii U is strong STRONG and competitive with the next gen, is going to sell even better than wii. AND NOT only hardware, but software as well..! So there the money will be, and all engines will run into it... So this is a kind of excuse as well... I have nothing to worry about, instead of a very powerful or a weak wii U.. Because it sounds like an excuse...

1) wii U is weak, on par or a bit better than 360.. just to get all ports from the current gen... So it will have nothing to worry about for a couple of years... it will sell ok.. But when the next gen and developers jumb into their new engines.. wii U sales will drop dramatically.

2) Wii U is very strong, competitive.. it gains many many customers, hardcores and casuals... it sells extraordinary well.. and when the next gen consoles come out, it will start showing its teeth. Surely with large number of customers, epic and ANY epic, will make a wii U edition of their engine, because they want to target the wii U customers as well..

wii have 96 million customers, but due to its low power, retires...

The wii u will sell regaurdless because Nintendo has certain employees that can make a hit game on a freaking abacus.

The wii u isnt going to be a wii because the very reason the wii was what it was is no longer with Nintendo.

Nintendo is NOT going to build you a high end pc machine and sell it to you for a couple hundred bucks.

On the other end of that,
The gpu in the v1 devkit is NOT final, and was simply selected to be a good fit with the rest of the placeholder board. Keeping that gpu after switching to a more powerful cpu will lead to system bottlenecks.

Nintendo is a game company that builds consoles. They announced their intentions of having a very, very powerful out of order cpu because thats what opens up options in game design. The more powerful your cpu, the more simultaneous things you can have at the same time.

Nintendo is NOT going to have a riduculous gpu, like the kind epic is asking for to power its unreal physX and associated ai's, because Nintendo plans to run things like physics, and physics AI through their extremely powerful cpu, hence their announcement with Havok, a cpu centric physics company, as opposed to unreals partnership with nvidia, who makes gpu centric physX.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#69 silverismoney

silverismoney

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:20 PM

can people take a reaLITY PILL UBISOFT HAVE SPENT 10S AND 10S AND 10S OF MILLIONS ON GAMES FOR X360 AND PS3 THERE NOT GOING TO DESTROY THE SALES OF THOSE GAMES BY SAYING THERE OBSOLETE AND WII U IS NEXT GEN WAKE UP UBISOFT IS BS-ING YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fact 1 x360s gpu is -5 more than ps3s so how can wiiu be -5 more than both gpus when IN FACT x360s gpu is about a 1.5 of the ps3 gpu .

fact 2 how can all 3 cpus the the same when cell is single core plus spcs and x360 is a tri core 1mb catch AND WII U IS A ALL NEW DESIGN WITH 3MB CATCH AND HAS A DEDICATED SOUND PROCESSOR

WAKEY WAKEY THERE LYING TO U

look at this realistically ubisoft have x360/ps3 games to sell THERE NOT GOING TO ANTI MARKET MILLIONS OF INVESTMENT BIGGING UP WIIU

#70 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:29 PM

The wii u will sell regaurdless because Nintendo has certain employees that can make a hit game on a freaking abacus.

The wii u isnt going to be a wii because the very reason the wii was what it was is no longer with Nintendo.

Nintendo is NOT going to build you a high end pc machine and sell it to you for a couple hundred bucks.

On the other end of that,
The gpu in the v1 devkit is NOT final, and was simply selected to be a good fit with the rest of the placeholder board. Keeping that gpu after switching to a more powerful cpu will lead to system bottlenecks.

Nintendo is a game company that builds consoles. They announced their intentions of having a very, very powerful out of order cpu because thats what opens up options in game design. The more powerful your cpu, the more simultaneous things you can have at the same time.

Nintendo is NOT going to have a riduculous gpu, like the kind epic is asking for to power its unreal physX and associated ai's, because Nintendo plans to run things like physics, and physics AI through their extremely powerful cpu, hence their announcement with Havok, a cpu centric physics company, as opposed to unreals partnership with nvidia, who makes gpu centric physX.

Hey cpu cannot perform as a GPU WHATEVER U TYPE AND U SAY, it can BOOST the gpu in some areas, but it cant take all the graphical capabilities on it, hello.. And if the gpu is weak, that is going to be our result in our screen.. Thats why wii U will play games at 720p at 4xaa and NOT 1080p...

a question if u dont care about gpu.. WHO BUYS In this beautiful days, a gpu that performs single pass at 1080p? NOBODY, this techs belong to the past. So stop selling this kind of information, that CPU is about everything.. NOOOOOOO GPU is most important about our games. The cpu that wii U got is more than enough for the system and for the physics... but the gpu sucks. DO you believe that there is people at 2018 (till the next nintendo system pops up), who will continue to play at 720p? YES.. th casuals... thank u.

@silverismoney.. Xbox gpu is 8 rops and about 250 gflops.. cant remember, about that... Wii U gpu in this leaks... is 8 rops and from neogaf I found out that is 360 gflops.. It is just slightly better.. With tesselator unit and high ress textures unit

Edited by Orion, 09 June 2012 - 01:44 PM.

#71 ShadowVector

ShadowVector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:37 PM

all i care is that i saw with my own eyes on video a darksiders 2 developer saying it's next gen, that's all that matters to me, as well as gearbox calling it "a powerful powerful" console and EPIC complementing it as well, this one anomaly is not enough to convince me otherwise

I've noticed something about that, though. I saw in an interview on Spike with the CEO of Ubisoft, Yves Guillemot, where he too said that Wii U is powerful. But when he got into more detail about it he talked only about the controller this and the controller that but stated nothing about the console's ability to produce next-gen graphics. A similar pattern can be seen by other developers who say that the console is "next-gen" and "powerful" but then talk only about what the controller can do and nothing else.

This doesn't mean that Wii U won't be able to produce next-gen graphics, I have a feeling it will, especially from what I saw from Zelda HD and the Bird demo, but even with these seemingly direct statements about the consoles power, it's hard to know what the developers interpretation of "next-gen" and "powerful" are unless they spill the beans on the consoles updated specs. I mean, there are some developers that have said PS3 and XBOX 360 are powerful but it's too general of a statement.

When it comes down to comparing the specs of the current-gen systems with Wii U, however, there can be a consensus on just how much more powerful it is and if it will truly be able to support future software like UE4, ect.

Check out my artworks thread here on the forums

Follow me on 120px-Deviantart_logo.png

#72 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

Hey cpu cannot perform as a GPU WHATEVER U TYPE AND U SAY, it can BOOST the gpu in some areas, but it cant take all the graphical capabilities on it, hello.. And if the gpu is weak, that is going to be our result in our screen.. Thats why wii U will play games at 720p at 4xaa and NOT 1080p...

a question if u dont care about gpu.. WHO BUYS In this beautiful days, a gpu that performs single pass at 1080p? NOBODY, this techs belong to the past. So stop selling this kind of information, that CPU is about everything.. NOOOOOOO GPU is most important about our games. The cpu that wii U got is more than enough... but the gpu sucks. DO you believe that there is people at 2018 (till the next nintendo system pops up), who will continue to play at 720p? YES.. th casuals... thank u.

I didnt say any of that.

I said Nintendo would run physics and physics related AI through the cpu, as opposed to the gpu, which physics engines like Nvidias PhysX do.

Since you are not aware of this, these kinds of operations ate very VERY demanding of floating point operations. If you plan on running them through the gpu, like physX you are going to need much higher flop throughput from your gpu.

If you are no longer capable of responding to what was actually posted, and must make up fictional arguments to then 'beat'.... Perhaps its time you quit posting.

Edited by 3Dude, 09 June 2012 - 01:47 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#73 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:45 PM

WE know that from a long time now.. BUT THE GPU wii U got sucks. It cant push many things... its for casuals at this days. Thats what I was telling to the people all the time.. that the cpu will run beautiful physics and AI..

but this gpu? (ALSO i have some doubts for the cpu in this leaks... they refer to... L1, L2 cache... core 1, core 2, core 0... ).. this is not power 7 The cpu wii U supposed to have is, 4 cores 16 threads and 16mb of cache..

I was considering that nintendo will cut some threads and maybe 1 core.. but the cache and L1, L2.. is wrong!!.. or they totally killed it.. lol The minimum cache I was considering, is 4 mb... 1 per core, it was 1mb per thread originally.

Or they maybe locked 2 cores, 1 for the controller, 1 for the OS and system... and 1 core for the games... with 2mb of cache? That also means 2 threads per core.. So they reduced the cpu power by 50% (48 gflops)

Edited by Orion, 09 June 2012 - 01:56 PM.

#74 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:53 PM

WE know that from a long time now.. BUT THE GPU wii U got sucks. It cant push many things... its for casuals at this days. Thats what I was telling to the people all the time.. that the cpu will run beautiful physics and AI..

but this gpu?

1. if your cpu is running the physics and ai, by using a cpu based physics engine like havok, who nintendo is partnered with, as opposed to running it through the gpu like nvidias physX does, who is partnered with epic, and supplies unreal physics... Then your gpu doesnt need the extra flop throughput.

2. Thats not the wii u gpu or cpu. Its the v1/2 devkits gpu and cpu.

The big give away is that its powerPC and not power.

Though I still think you are putting your expectations too high for the gpu.

Edited by 3Dude, 09 June 2012 - 01:59 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#75 dragomix

dragomix

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • NNID:dragomix
  • Fandom:
    PC and Nintendo fan

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

I have just one thing to say... The Witcher 2. This is the best looking game that has been made, ever. First next gen game if you ask me. 360 can run it! Yes its uglier, and not as good as PC, but 6 year old console can run it (6 year old PC cant). Dont underestimate Wii U.

#76 silverismoney

silverismoney

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:01 PM

the gpu is weak lol at r7 based being weak and 32mb edram its minimum 3x x360 if not more than 4 lol at the ignorence and zombie u is like 4 months into development its a rushed out game AKA RED STEEL

lol at 720p 4xaa only THATS EXACTLY THE SAME RENDER POWER AS 1080P NO AA so were did you get it does 720p not 1080p from

1080p 60 frames no AA is identical in rendering power ram to 720p 60 frames 4x AA were did you get no 1080p from I DODNT REALISE GRAPHICS WERE RESOLUTION AND VISA VERSA

#77 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:03 PM

Though I still think you are putting your expectations too high for the gpu.

My expectations about gpu are very low.. I have it as a minimum And with this gpu and EVEN DOUBLE TRIPLE quadro, sixqudro of that cpu... wii U will not be able to run the new engines. We can make a bet.. if u wish..

Xbox 360 got ATI graphics card equivalent to 1900xt and power pc cpu... wii U have the same brands parts on it Ibm cpu and AMD gpu.. and u insist that wii U can run any engine as a next gen system,because of havoK.. ur so wrong. Microsoft also have directx and they used it alot on xbox.. Now that xbox came to its limits we can see what xbox can do... its about that with better graphics in wii U, thats all.. but not modern game engines.

And xbox720, ps4 are amd gpus, but they do need the tflops to run the new engines.. lol

Edited by Orion, 09 June 2012 - 02:20 PM.

#78 silverismoney

silverismoney

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:03 PM

lol @ 6 year old cpu its brand new developed for wiiu exists in no other system on this planet were was this cpu 6 years ago NO WERE IT DIDNT EXIST

#79 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:16 PM

the gpu is weak lol at r7 based being weak and 32mb edram its minimum 3x x360 if not more than 4 lol at the ignorence and zombie u is like 4 months into development its a rushed out game AKA RED STEEL

Zombi U is actually a very, very, very special game to Ubisoft, which is why its being made by one of their top teams. If you know your videogame history youll figure it out.

Its not going to be a red steel.... Though what we got at e3 was a game that started as a 360 rabbids title, became killer freaks and then finally the sequel/reboot to the first game ubisoft ever released just in time for e3.

Its running on the lYn engine, which while among ubisofts best, is a 360/ps3/wii engine.

My expectations about gpu are very low.. I have it as a minimum And with this gpu and EVEN DOUBLE TRIPLE quadro, sixqudro of that cpu... wii U will not be able to run the new engines. We can make a bet.. if u wish..

Xbox 360 got ATI graphics card equivalent to 1900xt and power pc cpu... wii U have the same brands parts on it Ibm cpu and AMD gpu.. and u insist that wii U can run any engine as a next gen system,because of havoc.. ur so wrong.

English isnt your furst language is it?

Not like I can get mad at you for being bi lingual... Though i am a bit jealous i stink with other languages. So props to being bi lingual.

However you did catastrophically fail to correctly identify what was actually said.... As i didnt make any of the assertations you are responding too.

Merely that if you are covering physics with a cpu, you dont need the extra power in a gpu for physics.

Also, the v1 devkit cpu and gpu of the wii u sdk, along with the v1 devkit of EVERY system ever made are not what goes into the final retail product.

Edited by 3Dude, 09 June 2012 - 02:21 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#80 dragomix

dragomix

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • NNID:dragomix
  • Fandom:
    PC and Nintendo fan

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:36 PM

http://www.eurogamer...vs-wiiu-e3-2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic