Photo

What happens if the PS4 and 720 are only 2-4x more powerful than Wii U?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:41 PM

So much people are expecting the PS4 and 720 to be 10x more powerful than this gen, but if that document is real and the statement made by Sony about the PS4 is happening than the PS4 and 720 doesn't look like it will be that much more powerful than Wii U, do you think it will create a huge meltdown from PlayStation/Xbox fanboys that it didn't reach there expectations or do you think people will be fine?.

I hate when people call the Wii U current gen when it's not, what would those people say if the PS4 was weaker than the Wii U?, they wouldn't say it anymore.

#2 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

Why does the icon by the title my icon?

#3 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:47 PM

Why does the icon by the title my icon?

What?.

#4 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

well 2-4 times more powerful is quite huge, but yes if the next box and ps4 are not much more powerful than the wii u, if at all, then people will still talk crap, the reason i say this is cos there is video evidence that the wii u version of AC3 is better than the ps3 version visually yet people are still calling wii u weaker. there is also indisputable evidence that the wii u version of arkham city is better visually than the ps3 version yet ign uk is still saying the wii u version is washed down. sadly, nintendo is the only one that can end this and that is by using E3 to show stunning graphics that can't be done anywhere else, something like unreal engine 4 being unveiled on wii u would be the only thing to end the stupidity. because people just don't do their research, people dont know ac3 and arkham city have improved graphics on wii u cos they dont research, nintendo has to stick that fact in their face.
Posted Image

#5 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:53 PM

SONY fanboys will that's just the reality. That's what they are use to now. That's sonys calling card we have better graphics the most powerful hardware. Microsoft understands now what it takes to last in the gaming industry. There is a reason nintendo has been in the industry so long. They do their homework and make the best business decision. The Wii U will be powerful enough to get multiplat games of next gen. This console is so powerful and has been designed to make sure "U" as a gamer is taken care of. Anyone that thinks the Wii U is gonna fall off when ps4 and next xbox comes out is delusional and knows nothing about specs and the way a console takes advantage of them.

#6 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:56 PM

if wii U is 360gflops gpu, as neogaf stated once (after the leaks).... Then ps4 and 720 will be about 4-5x.. for sure, than wii U..

Edited by Orion, 16 June 2012 - 01:56 PM.

#7 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:46 PM

4x is a lot!

#8 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:49 PM

I want to know this how much more powerful is the PS3 to the N64?

LordPickleton.png

#9 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:04 PM

I don't know about you, but 2x and especially 4x is quite a big difference, if you do the maths.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#10 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:33 PM

well 2-4 times more powerful is quite huge, but yes if the next box and ps4 are not much more powerful than the wii u, if at all, then people will still talk crap, the reason i say this is cos there is video evidence that the wii u version of AC3 is better than the ps3 version visually yet people are still calling wii u weaker. there is also indisputable evidence that the wii u version of arkham city is better visually than the ps3 version yet ign uk is still saying the wii u version is washed down. sadly, nintendo is the only one that can end this and that is by using E3 to show stunning graphics that can't be done anywhere else, something like unreal engine 4 being unveiled on wii u would be the only thing to end the stupidity. because people just don't do their research, people dont know ac3 and arkham city have improved graphics on wii u cos they dont research, nintendo has to stick that fact in their face.

Couldn't have said that better! (well except for the cos's ;) )

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#11 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:16 PM

What did Sony say about their PS4? I just recall at E3 they emphasized that they were always the best hardware even if they weren't the most popular.

#12 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

What did Sony say about their PS4? I just recall at E3 they emphasized that they were always the best hardware even if they weren't the most popular.

Their's a few things Sony said, here are some.
  • "We won't be taking as much risks with the PS4.
  • "We won't be spending as much money on the PS4"
  • "I don't see are next console having that much better graphics than the PS3"
  • "Kaz: Do to are losses we will be doing “unavoidable, painful choices”

#13 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:36 PM

What?.

By the title of the thread there usually is the icon of the person who wrote the thread. For some reason, that icon is mine.
This might just be my computer/my account, for some unknown reason.

#14 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:37 PM

By the title of the thread there usually is the icon of the person who wrote the thread. For some reason, that icon is mine.
This might just be my computer/my account, for some unknown reason.

Weird.

#15 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:39 PM

Their's a few things Sony said, here are some.

• "We won't be taking as much risks with the PS4.
  • "We won't be spending as much money on the PS4"
  • "I don't see are next console having that much better graphics than the PS3"
  • "Kaz: Do to are losses we will be doing “unavoidable, painful choices”

Ah I see. I also hear that gaming is starting to "plateau" because it takes exponentially more power to show minuscule graphical improvements. Maybe all of the next gen will be closer than we think.

#16 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:52 PM

Ah I see. I also hear that gaming is starting to "plateau" because it takes exponentially more power to show minuscule graphical improvements. Maybe all of the next gen will be closer than we think.

6th Generation is what I see.

#17 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:12 PM

What happens if the PS4 and 720 are only 2-4x more powerful than Wii U?

$600 to $1,000? I don't think the PS4 and Xbox 720 will ever be happening. They (mostly Sony) couldn't even afford that kind of investment in making a brand new console as quickly as possible.

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#18 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:18 PM

they will cost about 100 more than wii U... but instead of investing in controllers, they will invest in console hardware.. so yes.. that gives them lots of air, about 200+$ better hardware investment and thats alot... Dont forget what Iwata said..

Edited by Orion, 16 June 2012 - 10:18 PM.

#19 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:23 AM

They probably will be.
In which case, if Nintendo can't do something worthwhile with the gamepad with real games then they'll probably end up losing, since Sony and MS will sell at a loss and be either as cheap or cheaper than the Wii U.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#20 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:32 AM

i still dont understand the logic that wii u will lose next gen. in fairness the least powerful hardware have won the past two generations. so wii u could still become the sales leaders. it will be fine. if you look at the information nintendo has said thus far and read between the lines you will understand this console is more than capable from a tech/power/graphics standpoint.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!