Photo

Let's Talk IPs!

1st Party New Character

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

Poll: IPs People Want (281 member(s) have cast votes)

If Nintendo were to roll out a totally new 1st or 2nd party IP, what kind of game would most interest you?

1. A Platformer (classic Mario style) (23 votes [8.19%])

Percentage of vote: 8.19%

2. An Adventure Game (like Zelda or Metroid) (105 votes [37.37%])

Percentage of vote: 37.37%

3. A Simulator/Shooter (like Starfox) (12 votes [4.27%])

Percentage of vote: 4.27%

4. A Strategy Game (like Pikmin) (8 votes [2.85%])

Percentage of vote: 2.85%

5. An RPG (like Golden Sun) (64 votes [22.78%])

Percentage of vote: 22.78%

6. An FPS/Shooter (like GoldenEye or, arguably, Metroid Prime) (39 votes [13.88%])

Percentage of vote: 13.88%

7. Other (like all the great genre defying games I don't have the presence of mind to mention) (30 votes [10.68%])

Percentage of vote: 10.68%

What kind of tone are you wanting from a new IP?

1. Super Casual/Party Game (Mii Games) (6 votes [2.14%])

Percentage of vote: 2.14%

2. Fun/Lighthearted (Mario Galaxy) (37 votes [13.17%])

Percentage of vote: 13.17%

3. Dramatic/Slightly Intense (Twilight Princess or Metroid Prime) (128 votes [45.55%])

Percentage of vote: 45.55%

4. Serious, Intense/Dark (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem)) (53 votes [18.86%])

Percentage of vote: 18.86%

5. Dark/Scary, Intense and Violent (Resident Evil, Dead Space, Etc.) (34 votes [12.10%])

Percentage of vote: 12.10%

6. Other (hey, I don't want to put you in a box) (23 votes [8.19%])

Percentage of vote: 8.19%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#161 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:10 AM

You mean, Link's Crossbow Training? TROLLOLOL

Need more Pokemon Pinball.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#162 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:21 AM

I love their IPs to death, but hey need and FPS to attract an older, and "hardcore"(ahhhh) croud. I hate using the word hardcore cause it nowadays describe 12 year Old cod players, and not he people who can appreciate all genres for their unique styles that make each of th great

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#163 milky105p

milky105p

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:57 PM

I think something that mixes FPS and RTS like natural selection on PC would implement the gamepad really nicely with one player as an RTS on multiplayer and the other players are FPS. On the other side, I think a cool IP space exploration game would be awesome that could implement the best of what nintendos franchises have been. make flying to other levels or planets like starfox with cool space battles, make it a fps or something like metroid for main gameplay, but have moments where it becomes a platformer or top down with the gamepad to solve puzzles. could be a more colorful bright but darker side of look like metroid. I could see you using the gamepad to hack doors, use a map, even upgrading your ship with parts and seeing your ship 360 rotation with the gamepad.

I would also love to see an exclusive dead space or one that utilizes the gamepad in some innovative way. I personally would love to see a RE or more horror or survival games make its way to the wii u. I think that nintendo is at a stalemate with a lot of fans. they have been always successful with 1st party games like mario, but killed their fan base with the lack of real 3rd party games like FPS games etc. Now they say they will allow 3rd party games but everyone questions why should I buy a new console for games I can play on this gen consoles. It definitely could use some new IP's like the colorful quirky mario or zelda franchises but it needs legit hardcore serious games that appeal to the darker side of gaming. zombiu looks like a great candidate, darker graphics, gore, trying to bring back survival horror. Something the wii u needs to cater to that group . Plus not just ports, but a reason to buy that version for the gamepad or added multiplayer modes with the gamepad for multiplatform games.

So it definitely has my vote for new IPs that are crazy and colorful like wonderful 101, it may not be a total franchise but an exclusive none the less. Also some serious toned IPs that can rage from third persons to fps or a mix of those like aforementioned ideas.

#164 LaserSWE

LaserSWE

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:44 PM

Unless a game is developed by a group in Nintendo or one of their first-party developers then it can't be considered a Nintendo IP.

The point is an IP doesn't have to be developed by a first party studio for it to belong to you.

This is simply not correct. For an example, Sony owns the property for Ratchet & Clank, Heavenly Sword, Resistance and Demons Souls (etc) even though they all were developed by third-party studios. If a publisher have FINANCED a project they are also OWNING it.

#165 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:16 AM

I hope they announce a new metroid for wii u soon.
Posted Image

#166 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:27 PM

Viewtiful Joe 3 and a open world Donkey Kong game
Posted Image

#167 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

I'd like a first party RPG. Nintendo has generally ways had 2nd AND 3rd party RPG's and I'd love to see them develop an epic 1st party RPG.

Edited by TrickySx4, 18 September 2012 - 02:34 PM.

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#168 DNX

DNX

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

I want something new, as much as I like Nintendo's franchises, they have become predictable.

I like how you think :)

#169 Richard Fightmaster

Richard Fightmaster

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Mega Man

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:57 AM

Ok, here's my idea. You are an alien or monster of some sort. Your prey is humans, and you must devour as many humans as possible. To do this, you must disguise yourself as a regular human, living a normal life in society, meanwhile murdering and feasting upon as many humans as possible, stealthily. If you were caught by too many humans, they'd call in the army to destroy you, and the games is over, try again.

DC1iHjB.png?1

(Also join the Danny Sexbang fan club! http://dannysexbangf...ub.blogspot.ca/)

#170 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:49 AM

Ok, here's my idea. You are an alien or monster of some sort. Your prey is humans, and you must devour as many humans as possible. To do this, you must disguise yourself as a regular human, living a normal life in society, meanwhile murdering and feasting upon as many humans as possible, stealthily. If you were caught by too many humans, they'd call in the army to destroy you, and the games is over, try again.

I really really like that but it sounds too much like PROTOTYPE---
Posted Image

#171 Lunity

Lunity

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:06 PM

I love their IPs to death, but hey need and FPS to attract an older, and "hardcore"(ahhhh) croud. I hate using the word hardcore cause it nowadays describe 12 year Old cod players, and not he people who can appreciate all genres for their unique styles that make each of th great

This Is def true I look at the three consoles and think nintendo really need a original shooter to sell the console to a more broader public now dont crucify me hear but Ive never been a fan of mario games and I preordered my Wii U because of Bayonetta 2 and third party 1080P graphics I just think Nintendo need their own Halo type game yes metroid is a good game but it dosent really have the WOW factor to me and while Nintendo have the upper hand graphic wise they should be doing everything to show that off with a good shooter.

#172 Richard Fightmaster

Richard Fightmaster

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Mega Man

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:38 PM

I really really like that but it sounds too much like PROTOTYPE---

I've never played Prototype...

DC1iHjB.png?1

(Also join the Danny Sexbang fan club! http://dannysexbangf...ub.blogspot.ca/)

#173 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

Nintendo should make a first party fps.
Posted Image

#174 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:38 AM

Seeing as nintendo are originally outta Japan maybe its about time we saw some sort of shenmue/heavy rain type nintendo game
Posted Image

#175 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:14 AM

I chose an intense, serious RPG. Please?

#176 -JJ-

-JJ-

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mrs. Doubtfire, Madea, Corneria

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:28 PM

I would really like a Mrs. Doubtfire video game LOL!
Posted Image

#177 Zombiecakez

Zombiecakez

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    Bowser is AMAZING!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:06 AM

actually reminds me alot of http://en.wikipedia....troy_All_Humans!

Posted Image

#178 ChloeG

ChloeG

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

which word does IP short for?

#179 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:14 AM

Exactly what I always thought lol.

which word does IP short for?

Intellectual Property.

I chose an intense, serious RPG. Please?

Me too, love RPG's I want something with a serious dark storyline that really gets you involved, and I know the words overused but in the original sense of the word I would like nothing short of epic.

#180 Evilastro

Evilastro

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • NNID:Evilastro
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

Gotta love original nintendo games.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U NO HAVE GOOD SIGGY!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1st Party New, Character