#21 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

Sounds good, but I'll wait until it comes out before I believe all this.

#22 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

Sounds good, but I'll wait until it comes out before I believe all this.

Hopefully they release a playable demo before the game drops, but they won't need to, this just put everyone on notice. It isn't too hard to see just from the youtube video the game looks stunning, smooth, crisp, etc. That and a developer saying they were able to use the high end PC textures (like when you set texture res to high or ultra on PC), assets, better draw distance, gamepad functions (seriously the most flexible control options I've ever heard of in any game), etc etc ad nauseum. I'm 100% sold, and will be rewarding Criterion for their efforts by voting with my dollars.

When one of the principle developers says it is the most visually appealing version of the game available and they have to look at it regularly, on all platforms, it destroys any skepticism I would have had about it.

#23 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

Just wanted to let you guys know there is another gameplay video from Gamespot. It may have the same info, but it has different gameplay.

At about 9:16 in the video he says they are using the textures from the high-end PC version of the game.

Edited by Cerberuz, 13 February 2013 - 04:20 PM.

LordPickleton.png

#24 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

wasnt really interested in this one when i heard about it. not really into racing games, but after seing this i might get it if i have the money. when i was watching one of them, it reminded me of when i ised to play beatle racers all the time for my 64 :)

to be completely honest tho, if i get it, ill prob play it for a good when i first get it, but then get bord of it and not play it as much as time goes on. again, not really into racing games, but these graphics look great.

#25 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

Just wanted to let you guys know there is another gameplay video from Gamespot. It may have the same info, but it has different gameplay.

At about 9:16 in the video he says they are using the textures from the high-end PC version of the game.

That was probably the best gameplay vid so far. It showed a little more of the damage modelling and how it's able to add or remove what looks to be nicely detailed traffic on the fly. The day/night change is very nicely done as well.

#26 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

,would like to see a better quality vid though as cant really see much of a graphical difference from what they have showed so far,but if it does turn out being like they say i will pick this up again for the wii u just for the effort they have put in :)

#27 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

It looks sweet! Me and my brothers were big fans of the original on Gamecube (even though this is a pretty new game). so my brother wanted it for Xbox360, Now planning to get rid of (or keep but thats a waste of money) and get the wii u version. Our biggest grip about the other version was no local multiplayer.

Though something I wish they did with co-driver mode, would be a "sibling" editon, so the gamepad player can make the game more hard. :P

Stupid Snowmads!

#28 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

,would like to see a better quality vid though as cant really see much of a graphical difference from what they have showed so far,but if it does turn out being like they say i will pick this up again for the wii u just for the effort they have put in :)

Really all you can see from the lousy video is the increased draw distance, and the improved nightime and lighting.

If they really did use the pc textures, then there will be a pretty huge difference when you can see it without lossy web video compression removing all the detail.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#29 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

I'm impressed I might even buy this instead of Lego City.

#30 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

I played the gamecube version of this game, and it was my favorite NFS title, if not one of my top titles of all time. I was planning on getting it before, but now I'm even more pumped!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!! The game looks beautiful!

Now I just need to find out how to get my Wii U connected to the internet at my school.... -_-

#31 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

I'm impressed, Criterion. I guess I've got a new game to get next month!

Posted Image

#32 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

Have they released the post-delay date yet? Or are we still at pre-delay? :)

#33 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

Have they released the post-delay date yet? Or are we still at pre-delay? :)

hah! Trollish, but funny.

#34 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

Added screenshots of the game from Eurogamer to the OP.

LordPickleton.png

#35 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

Added screenshots of the game from Eurogamer to the OP.

the best one in terms of graphics was the one with the whit care closer to the bottom :)

#36 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

After looking at the YouTube clips (despite being 30fps), and the new still shots (thanks Cerberuz), Criterion Games have ultimately pushed the envelope. My wallet is more than ready to purchase Most Wanted U this March 19th! Sorry Project CARS... but I wait no longer.

Edited by uPadWatcher2, 14 February 2013 - 08:52 PM.

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#37 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:08 AM

Forgot to mention something. Looking at the videos of the Wii U version switching to another car will no longer take you to where you originally found the car, which happens in the other versions of the game.

LordPickleton.png

#38 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

No problem. Using the gPad selecting a car including brand names on the fly... sounds like a very cool idea.

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#39 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

It is a poor quality video.

If it IS what they say, and based on the pc version, the difference is going to be pretty noticable.

I havent finished watching the vid yet, so well see how much I remember from the pc version makes it into the wii u version.

Lets see... PC version....

Way better draw distance
noticably higher poly assets
WAAAAAAYYY better textures
And more advanced lighting via utilizing the dx11 feature set.

Wow pretty much the full treatment.

Did ea forget to tell criterian they are just supposed to crap on the wii u?

or criterian cares for adn has enough free will in what they develop? streight right is working on wiiU exclusivily from what i can tell

#40 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

The only thing we know is that Straight Right is working on a Wii U title for publisher Square/Enix. Back to topic-- Alex Ward have stated one of the best comments I've ever read and nailed it completely.

“Everyone wants to talk about this and that on the hardware, and it’s not as interesting to me. What’s really important is what we’re doing with the player experience. The games I’m playing on Wii U—Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros. U—what Nintendo [does], they just deliver excellent gameplay. It’s probably one of the big problems in the industry at the moment. Everyone—you guys—like to talk about specs and this and that. We’ve got to get back to just playing the game. And that’s what this game is about. It’s about a simple, fun experience. It’s not about 10,000,000 polygons and who does this and who does that.”

Alex Ward
Criterion Games' Creative Director for "Need for Speed: Most Wanted U"

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Need for Speed, Most Wanted, Wii U, definitive version

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!