Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

"The real situation is that, because we are a small developer, we only have the ability to launch on a small number of platforms at once. We liked the idea of being on a console, and originally we thought we might be on the PS3 or Xbox 360, but eventually we decided not to target either of those due to the relatively low system specs. After some more time went by, and our release date drifted further into the future, we realized that the next-generation console launch time might be a good time to release the game. (For a while we were hoping to be out substantially earlier than the next consoles, e.g. right now, so we didn't start thinking seriously about this until recently)."
"The Wii U still has pretty low system specs, so it came down to a choice between the next Microsoft console or the next Sony console. There were people at Sony who really liked the game and were keeping in touch with us about it, and so we naturally started going to their PS4 developer events, got a dev kit, and started playing with it. I don't have good communication with anyone at Microsoft right now, and haven't been disclosed on their next console, but all our technical people like the PS4 specs a lot more than the leaked Durango specs, and we like the positioning of the PS4 (it's about games) a lot more than what we perceive Microsoft's positioning is going to be."

http://kotaku.com/59...an-remain-happy

Well this sucks. This game looked pretty cool, it would of been great on the Wii U. I'll probably get the 720 version though.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

That sounds like a load of horse maneur. Sounds more like Sony made him feel wanted more and gave him keynote time at the reaveal so he's made his bed. Has zero to do with specs, because nothing about that game looks particularly great, it was underwhelming in fact, though it did look interesting. Better things have been done graphically speaking on both of the previous consoles as well, so I don't know what he's on about.

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

POPULAR

it's a puzzle game where you joint he dots.
How much power does it need?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

Exactly, just a thinly veiled swipe at Wii U, probably at Sony's request.

#5 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

this statement doesnt sound like a developers statement.. lol I dont think wii Us best looking game, will look like that.. hahahahaha

he sounds like a troll, sony fan... instead of a developer. He says... I was looking for the best specs, nintendo and microsoft didnt appeal to me... He doesnt say that wii U or 360 or ps3, CANNOT play that game.. he says what he was after. He didnt tested it at all...

it looks orchistrated, he also took 5 min in sonys show, some bucks... indis are like that.. hahahahaha

Edited by Orion, 22 February 2013 - 04:14 PM.

#6 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

The WIi U's hardware can't handle joining dots.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#7 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

heh jonathan blow....blow...... heh

#8 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

The WIi U's hardware can't handle joining dots.

and 720 hahahaha only ps4

Edited by Orion, 22 February 2013 - 04:48 PM.

#9 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

I've been saying this for a while. A LOT of developers are fanboys. Believe me a LOT of developers feel this way and they know Sony and Microsoft will deliever. They will say Wii U specs are low compared to other consoles so we can't make a game for it. I will be happy with the developers that GO ALL IN... If not stay the F away and don't give me a crappy port.

#10 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

This guy is a jerk. His game is bad and he should feel bad
Posted Image

#11 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

...I kinda liked his game...
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#12 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

This guy is a jerk. His game is bad and he should feel bad

So his game is bad because you don't like him?

#13 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

it looked like zelda (wii) HD hehehe

Thats why nobody was facinated, they didnt showed something special... They showed some old demos, 2 years old... But nintendo showed demos also...lets wait for the real thing.

Edited by Orion, 22 February 2013 - 06:05 PM.

#14 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

From the article "This exclusivity does not prevent us from being on the PC or iOS at launch, for example," Blow wrote .

Blow clarified the announcement on the game's website today, explaining that the statement of exclusivity only referred to consoles. "You will see the game on the PlayStation 4 for a while before you will see it on the Wii U or the rumored next Microsoft console...

http://www.escapistm...PS4-Exclusivity

LMAO, so since the Wii U has "low" specs, it could still be released on IOS, because we know those tablets are far surperior in hardware...... it just sounds funny... although I am sure he was just giving an example of a different platform.... or maybe he really meant to say IOS.

Ahole back tracker!

Edited by Sorceror12, 22 February 2013 - 07:08 PM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#15 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

I thought they said that it was a timed exclusive for PS4 and that it could come to Wii U

#16 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

I thought they said that it was a timed exclusive for PS4 and that it could come to Wii U

Right, but it's just the way he came across basically throwing the Wii U and even Microsoft in a sense "under the bus" . You gotta choose words wisely when you are a developer, and he did... but they were the wrong words... :P
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#17 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

So his game is bad because you don't like him?

His game is bad because his game looks bad.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#18 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

i beleive it there is nothing from nintendo to prove otherwise

#19 ChrisTerror

ChrisTerror

Blooper

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • NNID:ChrisTerror

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

I feel like any Developer already blowing off the Wii U this early for low spec's is just a lazy developer that isnt even trying. Criterion has NFS:MW running PC graphics on Wii U, Crytek has Cryengine running on Wii U "beautifully", sorry but lazy dev is lazy....or as stated above, a fanboy.

#20 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:51 PM

i beleive it there is nothing from nintendo to prove otherwise

You couldn't be more wrong. His game wasn't technically spectacular in any way. Been talking to the guy on twitter, he claims there is no max view distance, but also claims to be using texture dithering and LOD, which smacks of max viewing distance, so...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!