Wasnt interested in his rubbish game anyway lol imo it looked VERY boring

#22 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:30 AM

Lol

The witness. Whoa. Such a graphics queen.
Not.

This is the real situation:

"hi I'm jonathan blow. I don't even know how to sound excited about my game at a huge press conference. So how can you expect me and my team be able to program for non pcs? The ps4 is basically a pc now. So that made it easy. But the wii u uses this thing called power. Nope. Can't run our game. Can't do it. Nope. Nope. I mean it can. But we don't want to mess with it. So we will say it has low specs so that we don't sound incompetent..."

#23 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

Anybody else think it looks like Myst crossed with Wind Waker?

I do wish the Wii U bad 8GB of GDDR5 ram. Nintendo really f'd up on the 2GB of GDDR3.

#24 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

This is utterly stupid that the only thing certain devs care about is graphics and stuff. Jonathan Blow sure blows XD

Lol

The witness. Whoa. Such a graphics queen.
Not.

This is the real situation:

"hi I'm jonathan blow. I don't even know how to sound excited about my game at a huge press conference. So how can you expect me and my team be able to program for non pcs? The ps4 is basically a pc now. So that made it easy. But the wii u uses this thing called power. Nope. Can't run our game. Can't do it. Nope. Nope. I mean it can. But we don't want to mess with it. So we will say it has low specs so that we don't sound incompetent..."

I was thinking the same thing. What a graphic whore. BTW his name sounds like an adult film actor moniker.

Signature_DK.png

#25 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

not even going to look at the game. it sound like sony have been trying to get this game on their system by keeping in touch with him. honestly his words seem flawed but i wonder if nintendo talked to him and even tried to get the game on their system. maybe, but not as much as sony. which is why it on their system for a "fact" or at least in his words.

#26 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

Anybody else think it looks like Myst crossed with Wind Waker?

I do wish the Wii U bad 8GB of GDDR5 ram. Nintendo really f'd up on the 2GB of GDDR3.

Nintendo did what they intended to do, make a successor to the Wii that is better than current gen but not insanely powerful, because they had to keep the cost down for the sake of the GamePad.

I worry that Microsoft bundling Kinect 2 with the next Xbox is going to suffer the same problem, as the rumoured specs have more in common with the Wii U than the PS4 which means it could be similarly problematic to get PS4/PC ports to run properly. On the other hand, games are written for PC using Microsoft developer tools, so its possible a lot of those problem are mitigated in the devkit libraries - which is unfortunately where Nintendo fall down as they seem to have real problems with that sort of thing.

Whichever way you look at it though, if Xbox uses DDR3 then they chose the cheaper way out and its hard not to put the blame for that directly at Kinect 2. They backed themselves into a corner as they HAVE to include Kinect or risk alienating everyone who expects it. Sony however have it easier, PS Move uses a bog standard camera and PS Eye 2 just adds a second camera (can anyone say 3D video chat?) which is pretty cheap to do. So it helped them to pull out all the stops with GDDR5 which is MUCH more expensive.

Its hard not to be impressed if Sony deliver as promised. I was originally sold on getting the new Xbox without giving the PS4 much of a thought, but Sony really seem to have put the effort in fixing what sucked about the PS3, so all bets are off now, I am seriously considering it.

I never had huge expectations for Wii U third-party support though, I bought it with the intention of playing Wii games with a better picture on my HDTV and Nintendo exclusives. So I'm not really worried what direction it goes in, as long as Nintendo managed to get enough people to buy it to keep them in business. Sucks for anyone hoping they could make the Wii U their only console though, but I think most of us never expected that to be practical.

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 23 February 2013 - 02:57 PM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#27 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

This is utterly stupid that the only thing certain devs care about is graphics and stuff. Jonathan Blow sure blows XD

I was thinking the same thing. What a graphic whore. BTW his name sounds like an adult film actor moniker.

um...

I won't comment about his name. Not personal.

but the game itself is just not a graphical showcase.

so why talk specs?

It doesn't move fast, doesn't have a lot going on and isn't anything crazy at all.

Plus, he obviously hasn't investigated the Wii U and will look even dumber come E3 when people are seeing hot Wii U graphics and him twiddling his thumbs in the corner wishing he'd never said that.

Plus, the dude basically did the worst public speaking presentation ever at the sony presser. when you start of selling your game by sounding ashamed of it after a "gee whiz" games was just shown...

Not good.

#28 Death Stare Obama

Death Stare Obama

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    My balls

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

heh jonathan blow....blow...... heh

wow
just wow
XD

eKsvghU.jpg

#29 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

um...

I won't comment about his name. Not personal.

but the game itself is just not a graphical showcase.

so why talk specs?

It doesn't move fast, doesn't have a lot going on and isn't anything crazy at all.

Plus, he obviously hasn't investigated the Wii U and will look even dumber come E3 when people are seeing hot Wii U graphics and him twiddling his thumbs in the corner wishing he'd never said that.

Plus, the dude basically did the worst public speaking presentation ever at the sony presser. when you start of selling your game by sounding ashamed of it after a "gee whiz" games was just shown...

Not good.

Right, one of the things he said to me on twitter was that the Wii U specs are public domain and that it has been disassembled etc etc so they know the specs well. I pointed out that even after microscopic photographs were taken of the die for both the CPU and GPU, all we were left with were more questions, certainly no solid answers. Up to recently developers haven't really even had any idea of what the real specs were, so someone that doesn't have a dev kit and takes the popular anti nintendo narrative as fact doesn't really have a clue as to what the system can do or not do.

He did mention it isn't running well on any system at the moment.

#30 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

Right, one of the things he said to me on twitter was that the Wii U specs are public domain and that it has been disassembled etc etc so they know the specs well. I pointed out that even after microscopic photographs were taken of the die for both the CPU and GPU, all we were left with were more questions, certainly no solid answers. Up to recently developers haven't really even had any idea of what the real specs were, so someone that doesn't have a dev kit and takes the popular anti nintendo narrative as fact doesn't really have a clue as to what the system can do or not do.

He did mention it isn't running well on any system at the moment.

I enjoy reading your last sentence :laugh: . GREAT NEWS!
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#31 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

I enjoy reading your last sentence :laugh: . GREAT NEWS!

You know what that means, don't you? It was a target render!

#32 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Posted Image

huh... OK, Dig the ambient occlusion and mild light scattering, but hell nintendo land is slathered in the crap...

Um... Maybe its a complex world builder game with high fidelity editing/deformation of the environment!

Oh wait theres a description and stuff....
ITS.... A... puzzle game? With not a lot going on?

Posted Image

Youre kinda making yourself look like a dumb-ass John.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#33 bigbadwolfe911

bigbadwolfe911

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    Earthbound

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:42 AM

Personally I was surprised this was given time at the PS4 event definitley did not feel or look next gen, nor did game have any appeal to me, but I am sure the Wii U and probably even the wii could handle it.

#34 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:50 AM

I ve read an article 2-3 days ago, that they offered him 5 minutes show in ps4 announcement, only because they wanted that game to be a short time exclusive for ps4... And maybe this indy guy was so excited about this 5 minutes... " Oh my god I was a part of it!!!" lol so he start spoiling craps left and right... I am sure microsoft lovers are angry also!! lol

PS: I am sure, after this, even if the game released on wii U and 720... it will end up be an exclusive for ps4.. lol

Edited by Orion, 27 February 2013 - 06:55 AM.

#35 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:23 AM

Wait, wait, wait, call me a slowpoke who doesn't read posts but isn't this the same guy saying it could http://wiiudaily.com...s4-exclusivity/

#36 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:08 AM

Wait, wait, wait, call me a slowpoke who doesn't read posts but isn't this the same guy saying it could http://wiiudaily.com...s4-exclusivity/

Funny that showed up after I tweeted him suggesting he should have taken a harder look at the Wii U, and that it was a shame because people who own that system would enjoy a novel game experience, even without explosions.

Sounds like John really had no clue what he was talking about and now has to backtrack on his comments.

Edited by routerbad, 01 March 2013 - 10:09 AM.

#37 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

Funny that showed up after I tweeted him suggesting he should have taken a harder look at the Wii U, and that it was a shame because people who own that system would enjoy a novel game experience, even without explosions.

Sounds like John really had no clue what he was talking about and now has to backtrack on his comments.

or maybe companies outside of SOny have started to pay attention to him. We don't really know and lets say Nintendo and Microsoft wouldn't give him the tolls he needed to develop for next gen, then we can't really say much as that would make it impossible for him to develop for those systems. I'm guessing there is more happening behind the scenes then just fanboyism.

#38 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:09 AM

or maybe companies outside of SOny have started to pay attention to him. We don't really know and lets say Nintendo and Microsoft wouldn't give him the tolls he needed to develop for next gen, then we can't really say much as that would make it impossible for him to develop for those systems. I'm guessing there is more happening behind the scenes then just fanboyism.

Of course.  Dude was given prime time center stage at the official Playstation 4 reveal.  A free commercial during one of the most heavily watch presentations ever.  And who knows... perhaps sony is offering other incentives.  Either way, doesn't excuse him saying what he said.  He basically lied about the specs. He hasn't even tried it on the Wii U.

The guy said something stupid with an agenda.  He doesn't deserve to be crucified, but he does deserve to be labelled a deceptive sellout. 

ba77e05b58a938cbf76c61b15814061f.jpg

huh... OK, Dig the ambient occlusion and mild light scattering, but hell nintendo land is slathered in the crap...

Um... Maybe its a complex world builder game with high fidelity editing/deformation of the environment!

Oh wait theres a description and stuff....
ITS.... A... puzzle game? With not a lot going on?

nN6pgnK.jpg

Youre kinda making yourself look like a dumb-ass John.

True.

and what is hilarious is that that crappy source, horribly compressed, low resolution screen taken from an early build video of "X" looks better than the phony 4K resolution (when PS4 games don't render or output in 4k... those extra pixels have to come from somewhere... ) "screenshot" from The Witness.

It's shameful.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 02 March 2013 - 01:12 AM.

#39 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:50 AM

Socalmuscle, on 02 Mar 2013 - 04:14, said:Of course.  Dude was given prime time center stage at the official Playstation 4 reveal.  A free commercial during one of the most heavily watch presentations ever.  And who knows... perhaps sony is offering other incentives.  Either way, doesn't excuse him saying what he said.  He basically lied about the specs. He hasn't even tried it on the Wii U.
The guy said something stupid with an agenda.  He doesn't deserve to be crucified, but he does deserve to be labelled a deceptive sellout. 

True.
and what is hilarious is that that crappy source, horribly compressed, low resolution screen taken from an early build video of "X" looks better than the phony 4K resolution (when PS4 games don't render or output in 4k... those extra pixels have to come from somewhere... ) "screenshot" from The Witness.
It's shameful.

I dont remember sony ever saying their games are in 4k

Again I messed up the quote .....

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 02 March 2013 - 06:52 AM.

#40 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

Sure, it's the manufacturer's fault that he's a fanboy?  The tools?  Why would you assume Nintendo wouldn't "give" him the tools?  You make it sound like he might have actually applied for the devkit, but I think not.  I'm sure he would have pointed that out by now, because he doesn't exactly come across as a Nintendo apologist.  If Nintendo or Microsoft was the reason he wasn't developing for those platforms (aka they were at fault) then he would have said that.

For Sony's part, he was the token indie developer at the reveal, nothing more.  And again, regardless of why he made his decision his comments were flatout false, no way around it, and no way to blame Nintendo for it.

Edited by routerbad, 02 March 2013 - 11:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!