Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:55 AM

So, I'm overly surprised that this forum hasn't received a quiz since SPW disappeared on us, so I figure to lighten up the overall mood of the forums, we're gonna have some competition. Expect more of my shenanigans in the coming days.

Welcome to Auzzie's Ultimate Scramble

Who'll be the whiz in this Wii U quiz?

--- The Rules ---
You guys know what a quiz is, right? It's simple: I dish out questions, and you answer them. It's a first come, first serve policy. 5 points to the person who gets it right first, 1 point for repeat answer offenses and 2 bonus points for every additional detail the first person missed.

This quiz will be directly aimed at the Wii U, including it's hardware, software, it's competition, anything concerning Nintendo, and news concerning the Wii U. Expect image and sound files, puzzles, question medleys and riddles. I hope you brought only your jocks, because I'm out to burn your brains!

--- El Scoreboard ---
Spoiler

--- Questions ---
Q1. This one is really easy guys. Why was the Wii U, literally called the Wii U?

Alright there's your question for now. I'll be off preparing some other stuff for later in the quiz, among other things.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:13 AM

because wii was about bringing everyone together in front of the tv and wii u is about u.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

Because Nintendo wanted to keep wii in the name because it is what the world knows, they put a u at the end to do a terrible job differentiating from the original so everyone thinks its a 300 dollar peripheral for the wii. Do
I get 2 points for more details?

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#4 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:35 AM

It is called Wii U because it is the best thing for your family and friend's experience, and the best experience for you.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 25 February 2013 - 07:36 AM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#5 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

Because Nintendo wanted to make a reference with the language censors on this site.

#6 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

Wii = We
In case of the Wii, it emphasized on social interactivity.

U = You
Emphasizing solo player activity.

Wii U = Emphasis on both aspects while retaining a successor name to their best selling console.

Edited by NUNABIT, 25 February 2013 - 12:36 PM.

#7 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

Because Nintendo left their console naming decisions to Akira Toriyama.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: quiz, jigglypuff, Wii U Forums, AUS, icwutudidthar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!