Photo

is it true the wii u will be destroyed by ps4?

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#81 Kao

Kao

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • NNID:Ernitis
  • Fandom:
    Kao the Kangaroo

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:43 AM

Then keep your old systems. People seem to think backward compatibility is an entitlement wen its not. Its a bonus and they get all bent out of shape when its not included with a new console release.

The ONLY way (unless you're a rich jerk) is to sell your old console

Plus the new PS4 is going to be 500+ $

Edited by Kao, 16 March 2013 - 12:44 AM.

Hello! My name is Kao and I am a Kangaroo! If you can see my kicking picture there, you can see me riding one of mine friends! I am quite popular in the area because I saved alot of animals turning in to women accsesories. It was quite painfull on the way, but I liked the experience! I plan on buying a plane with all my money I got and going on an adventure on the isles. My first adventure was when that Mcguffin Hunter cought me, but I escaped, and I don't want to let any animal in pain! What's your story, mate?

-Kao the kangaroo

#82 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:04 AM

no, wii u gives you more grown ups then previous system

assassin-s-creed-3-wii-u

Ninja Gaiden 3

Mass Effects 3

call of duty black ops 2

Darksiders 2

Zombiu

Aliens Colonial Marines

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag

nope, Wiiu wont be lost when ps4 arrives unless they ps4 Backward compatibility for PS3 games

just like wii u is Backward compatibility for wii games

Sony confirms that the PlayStation 4 won't play PS3 games natively

http://www.theverge....pport-PS3-games

Wii u has more 3rd party games then wii and more growup games then wii

Edited by Smertrius, 19 March 2013 - 05:25 PM.

#83 KarlMarx1818

KarlMarx1818

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:30 AM

Plus the new PS4 is going to be 500+ $

I was wondering about this. As they don't need to factor in a screen into the controller, blu-ray has come down in price, it's made form off the shelf parts, isn't massively more powerful than the Wii U and sony sell there machines at a loss, it might more like $400 (£310)?

Still expensive but not PS3 launch pricey. I'm also guessing that they might do a series of price points. 

Either way I imagine that Nintendo are keeping their powder dry on an official price drop for the Wii U until they know. 

#84 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

I was wondering about this. As they don't need to factor in a screen into the controller, blu-ray has come down in price, it's made form off the shelf parts, isn't massively more powerful than the Wii U and sony sell there machines at a loss, it might more like $400 (£310)?

Still expensive but not PS3 launch pricey. I'm also guessing that they might do a series of price points. 

Either way I imagine that Nintendo are keeping their powder dry on an official price drop for the Wii U until they know. 

I think Nintendo are keeping their powder dry on a number of announcements right now.  Holding off until just before e3.

#85 KarlMarx1818

KarlMarx1818

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:58 AM

I think Nintendo are keeping their powder dry on a number of announcements right now.  Holding off until just before e3.

We'll have to run a book on it!

#86 Coggit

Coggit

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:26 AM

however the Wii U caters to a different audience than the PS4 and Xbox 720. 

How so? Nintendo is looking to bring serious gamers back the the company, so I wouldn't say it caters to a different audience at all (ofc, the Wii did).

#87 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:30 AM

The difference in textures will be pretty small.

The only real factor of the Ps4 that beats the Wii U is RAM.

Other then that, the machines are not far apart.. at all.

#88 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:49 AM

No. The PS4 will not destroy the Wii U. Or Nintendo. The PS4 might destroy Sony however...

Bring the noise.

#89 ArmedPrimate

ArmedPrimate

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • NNID:BringerOfBooze
  • Fandom:
    Cloud (FFVII), Master Chief (Halo)

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:36 AM

No it doesn't the WiiU is catering for the current X360 & PS3 owners, this is what Nintendo said about the WiiU, the core gamer is what Nintendo & the WiiU are targeting this is exactly the same gamer as the PS4 & the X720 !

Yet they release a console considerably weaker than the unreleased consoles? I bought the Wii U as something different

#90 Omarsonic9

Omarsonic9

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:40 AM

SHORT ANSWER: No

sig.gif

#91 KarlMarx1818

KarlMarx1818

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

I've heard PS4 is waiting around after school to beat up Wii U cos he wouldn't give him his lunch money.

Xbox720 is planning to watch whilst shouting FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT.  

#92 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

It depends on what your definition of "destroys" is.  For example, did the Xbox destroy the PS2 graphically?  Some people would say yes, and others would say not even close.  So far peoples main arguement is the 8GB of ram.  Why?  Simple, its the most impressive number on the spec sheet for the PS4.  It was amazing how overnight Sony fanboys didnt want to talk about the importance of a powerful CPU anymore.  Once you start asking for "specifics" the fanboys cant typically even argue intelligently anymore.  Not once has superior tech won a console war either.  The PS was less powerful than the N64, the PS2 was less powerful than the GC/Xbox, and the Wii was vastly inferior to the 360 and PS3.  Nintendo understood the need to get into the HD game, but seriously doubt that they intended to jump back into the tech war with Sony and Micrsoft.  Leave that to the PC world, they are better at it and its where graphics snobs should be anyway.  Everyone likes good graphics, but if its your number one concern as a console gamer, you should really consider a gaming PC.  As good as the PS4 and 720 will be later this year, you could build a gaming PC for about $600 that would outperform those consoles no problem, and they are upgradeable, something that would be important for someone who always wants to have the latest and greatest graphics. 

#93 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

Short answer to thread title:

No.

Long answer:

We will know for sure in 5 years. But there's no technical reason for it to happen.

I've heard PS4 is waiting around after school to beat up Wii U cos he wouldn't give him his lunch money.

Xbox720 is planning to watch whilst shouting FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT.

Just like Goliath was waiting around to beat up David, because Israel didn't give away their land. But we know how that went.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 25 March 2013 - 02:17 PM.

#94 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

It depends on what your definition of "destroys" is.  For example, did the Xbox destroy the PS2 graphically?  Some people would say yes, and others would say not even close.  So far peoples main arguement is the 8GB of ram.  Why?  Simple, its the most impressive number on the spec sheet for the PS4.  It was amazing how overnight Sony fanboys didnt want to talk about the importance of a powerful CPU anymore.  Once you start asking for "specifics" the fanboys cant typically even argue intelligently anymore.  Not once has superior tech won a console war either.  The PS was less powerful than the N64, the PS2 was less powerful than the GC/Xbox, and the Wii was vastly inferior to the 360 and PS3.  Nintendo understood the need to get into the HD game, but seriously doubt that they intended to jump back into the tech war with Sony and Micrsoft.  Leave that to the PC world, they are better at it and its where graphics snobs should be anyway.  Everyone likes good graphics, but if its your number one concern as a console gamer, you should really consider a gaming PC.  As good as the PS4 and 720 will be later this year, you could build a gaming PC for about $600 that would outperform those consoles no problem, and they are upgradeable, something that would be important for someone who always wants to have the latest and greatest graphics. 

I found that funny as well.  As soon as it was confirmed that the Jaguar cores would be clocked low and aren't very powerful at all, the conversation turned to RAM and FLOPS, without any actual consideration as to what those numbers mean when they are playing a game.  So yes, it has more RAM, and yes, the GPU is a tad bit stronger.  Will it sell PS4 games more?  No.  Specs don't sell systems or games to anyone other than fans of a particular platform, something that has been proven again and again.  Will it make games better on PS4?  No.  All of the improvements shown with regard to gameplay are iterative, and the only new features have nothing to do with games.  Will it give developers an opportunity to create unique gameplay and environments? Yes, but all three will, because all three are incrementally better than the previous generation (Wii U is leagues ahead of Wii, though).  The systems themselves are just tools to allow developers to immerse you in their world.  The most powerful tool doesn't always provide the best experience.

#95 MayedU

MayedU

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • NNID:MayedU

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:26 AM

i dont think so, i believe the Wii U will be a success of the unique way of playing games! if people think PS4 better than Wii U because of the speed then that's unicorn tongue 

Add me on Miiverse: MayedU

Games i play;

- Tekken Tag 2

- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 

- Sonic All Star Racing

#96 Ashurii

Ashurii

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:36 AM

I really hate how some gamers are all about graphics and more power. This is not Home Improvement and your not Tim the Tool Man Taylor! Whatever happanded to the days when gamers gamed to have fun and respected each other? 

Jontron.jpg

#97 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:08 AM

I found that funny as well.  As soon as it was confirmed that the Jaguar cores would be clocked low and aren't very powerful at all, the conversation turned to RAM and FLOPS, without any actual consideration as to what those numbers mean when they are playing a game.  So yes, it has more RAM, and yes, the GPU is a tad bit stronger.  Will it sell PS4 games more?  No.  Specs don't sell systems or games to anyone other than fans of a particular platform, something that has been proven again and again.  Will it make games better on PS4?  No.  All of the improvements shown with regard to gameplay are iterative, and the only new features have nothing to do with games.  Will it give developers an opportunity to create unique gameplay and environments? Yes, but all three will, because all three are incrementally better than the previous generation (Wii U is leagues ahead of Wii, though).  The systems themselves are just tools to allow developers to immerse you in their world.  The most powerful tool doesn't always provide the best experience.

Exactly, and only us hardcore fans really get excited about new hardware anyway.  Most consumers see the hardware as a necessary evil.  They buy the hardware so they can play the games they want, and do not make that purchase until their is software in place to push them to purcahse the hardware. 

The Wii U gives developers a unique platform with a reasonable amount of processing power to create games.  When you look at the popularity of Steam and Indie developed games, very few of those games require powerful hardware.  The innovation in gaming is not coming from more powerful hardware.  If every piece of innovation in a developers game comes from simply having more processing power, its very likely that they are offering more of the same, and will eventually grow stale and fade away. 

Nintendo already has an established motion controller in the market that is fully functional with their new console.  They shouldn let this go to waste.  They need a new Wii Sports for Wii U.  There are certain games that really benefit from motion controls, and Nintendo needs to take advantage of teh hundreds of millions of Wii Remotes out in homes.  It shouldnt die with Wii. 

#98 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:41 AM

Exactly, and only us hardcore fans really get excited about new hardware anyway.  Most consumers see the hardware as a necessary evil.  They buy the hardware so they can play the games they want, and do not make that purchase until their is software in place to push them to purcahse the hardware. 

The Wii U gives developers a unique platform with a reasonable amount of processing power to create games.  When you look at the popularity of Steam and Indie developed games, very few of those games require powerful hardware.  The innovation in gaming is not coming from more powerful hardware.  If every piece of innovation in a developers game comes from simply having more processing power, its very likely that they are offering more of the same, and will eventually grow stale and fade away. 

Nintendo already has an established motion controller in the market that is fully functional with their new console.  They shouldn let this go to waste.  They need a new Wii Sports for Wii U.  There are certain games that really benefit from motion controls, and Nintendo needs to take advantage of teh hundreds of millions of Wii Remotes out in homes.  It shouldnt die with Wii. 

right on

#99 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

Sony Clarifies that their PS4 wont be backwards compatibles ps3, ps2 and ps1.

News: PlayStation 4 Not Backwards Compatible With Retail or Digital Games.

that means you own ps3 or ps2 or ps1 games they wont work on ps4,

going have pay them again to work on ps4 and download them virtual to work on ps4

http://www.theverge....pport-PS3-games

#100 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

I understand about the PS4 not being PS3 compatible because the PS4 is not sufficiently powerful to emulate a complicated console like the PS3 but it really should be PS2 and PS1 compatible. No reason not to be if it can play audio cds and dvds.

All ps2's are ps1 compatible as are all ps3s. The PS4 is sufficiently powerful that it could fully upscale and anti-alias ps1 graphics no problem. I still have a dozen or so ps1 games and perhaps 2 dozen ps2 games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!