Photo

is it true the wii u will be destroyed by ps4?

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#101 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

I understand about the PS4 not being PS3 compatible because the PS4 is not sufficiently powerful to emulate a complicated console like the PS3 but it really should be PS2 and PS1 compatible. No reason not to be if it can play audio cds and dvds.

All ps2's are ps1 compatible as are all ps3s. The PS4 is sufficiently powerful that it could fully upscale and anti-alias ps1 graphics no problem. I still have a dozen or so ps1 games and perhaps 2 dozen ps2 games.

Why would they let you play what you already own when they can charge you for the same game again?  Nintendo does the same thing with VC.

#102 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:23 AM

im just saying if ive pay a fortune in ps3 games, now going keep my ps3 console and buy ps4 at €600

#103 Ashurii

Ashurii

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:35 AM

Why would they let you play what you already own when they can charge you for the same game again?  Nintendo does the same thing with VC.

But they let you play the titles straight from your Wii transfer. It is the person's choice for the GP support. Unless I'm missing something. 

Jontron.jpg

#104 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:54 AM

But they let you play the titles straight from your Wii transfer. It is the person's choice for the GP support. Unless I'm missing something. 

True, the ones that were on Wii VC, they are still eventually going to re-release all of the same content for another small fee if you want it on your Wii U.  I was just pointing out that if they are going to put the money and time into developing emulation software for the console, they are going to be sure to charge for the games that use it.

#105 richyque

richyque

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:13 AM

Nintendo is doing a great job killing the wiiu it's self, no 1st party support or 3rd party support. Don't jump on me im just stating facts.

#106 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

Nintendo is doing a great job killing the wiiu it's self, no 1st party support or 3rd party support. Don't jump on me im just stating facts.

That's cute.  We already know we are going to get 1st party support, and most people didn't expect any support from the big third party publishers and aside from EA what we've been getting so far is decent, especially from Ubisoft, Rayman aside (grumble, lol).  True, though, they haven't released enough first party games and they should (and hopefully are) working to get better third party support.  It certainly isn't killing itself, though they do seem to be letting everything run on idle from a marketing perspective.  

• Doc likes this

#107 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:25 AM

Sony Clarifies that their PS4 wont be backwards compatibles ps3, ps2 and ps1.

News: PlayStation 4 Not Backwards Compatible With Retail or Digital Games.

that means you own ps3 or ps2 or ps1 games they wont work on ps4,

going have pay them again to work on ps4 and download them virtual to work on ps4

http://www.theverge....pport-PS3-games

That's old news.

#108 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:05 AM

If Nintendo survived with the gamecube, then they should be able to survive with the Wii U. Also the Ps4 is a just a computer, it will probably be hacked to death.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#109 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:15 AM

If Nintendo survived with the gamecube, then they should be able to survive with the Wii U. Also the Ps4 is a just a computer, it will probably be hacked to death.

I disagree. The PS3 survived just fine even with the hacking. The PS4 will be no different.

#110 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:49 AM

im just saying if ive pay a fortune in ps3 games, now going keep my ps3 console and buy ps4 at €600, no way sony

#111 thechamp80

thechamp80

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:02 AM

im just saying if ive pay a fortune in ps3 games, now going keep my ps3 console and buy ps4 at €600, no way sony

First of all, there is no official price yet. Secondly, does your PS3 spontaneously combust after the PS4 comes out so you can never play it again?

#112 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:10 AM

a gaming console should cost so much its not pc or mac

plus ireland is going through recession now we cant afford prices at this rate when are wages drop every year

#113 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

I disagree. The PS3 survived just fine even with the hacking. The PS4 will be no different.

The PS3 wasn't using computers codes, it had its own making it much harder to hack (due to people not knowing the language) any computer hacker will hack the PS4 5 minutes after switching it on due to it being, like i said before, a computer. its simply a computer with a different operating system.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#114 TheDoritoKing

TheDoritoKing

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • NNID:Sir-Homsar

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

Graphically, the Wii U will be worse, but not by a very big margin (it'll be noticeable, but the U won't be much worse). The PS4 has more RAM, but with all the cloud gaming, background updates, streaming, and more it won't be able to even put half of it in pure gaming. 

#115 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

The PS3 wasn't using computers codes, it had its own making it much harder to hack (due to people not knowing the language) any computer hacker will hack the PS4 5 minutes after switching it on due to it being, like i said before, a computer. its simply a computer with a different operating system.

That's just absolute rubbish. Its certainly not going to be as easy as you say it is. Even if it were possible its not going to do serious or long term damage to the PS4 as a console or to Sony financially. Like I said this is something Sony will have to take into account and any exploits will be dealt with by them.

#116 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

That's just absolute rubbish. Its certainly not going to be as easy as you say it is. Even if it were possible its not going to do serious or long term damage to the PS4 as a console or to Sony financially. Like I said this is something Sony will have to take into account and any exploits will be dealt with by them.

True, it had nothing to do with the platform, and anything with a CPU, display adapter, memory, OS, and I/O is a computer, regardless of the platform.

#117 thechamp80

thechamp80

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

Graphically, the Wii U will be worse, but not by a very big margin (it'll be noticeable, but the U won't be much worse). The PS4 has more RAM, but with all the cloud gaming, background updates, streaming, and more it won't be able to even put half of it in pure gaming. 

lolololol

#118 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

regardless what competition doses nintendo always seems to come out on top and survive

with remake of wind waker going millions games sold because like the original did and with super smash bros wii u and 3ds theres going more sold plus u need wii u and 3ds version of super smash bros to to finish 100 %

, dont forget the pokemon x and y plus pokemon stadium 3 wii u version which u need all 3 games to complete games to finish 100 % to collect all 700 Pokemon,

beside that by the ps4 arrive in europe will be summer time in 2014 and by that time happens billions have sold of wii u  console across the globe by that it will take the competition long time to catch up

Edited by Smertrius, 28 April 2013 - 01:38 PM.

#119 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

It's not getting destroyed by the PS4. I tell you. Haters cry harder and louder than lovers. That's why you may think that.

Posted Image

#120 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

Nope cause haters' gonna hate. And hate. And Hate. AND HATE!

Seriously, I'm getting sick of this, just let people buy what they want, we don't want to hear your "personal opinions" thank you very much. 

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!