Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • NNID:zangoose
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing / Kirby / Pokemon

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

nintendo_3ds_gloss_pink.jpg?w=625

Phil Fish, the creator behind the critically acclaimed Fez, has taken to Twitter to vent hisfrustrations about the Nintendo 3DS. Fish isn’t a huge fan of the platform and claims that the 3D selling point is a straight up gimmick. Here’s what he had to say about the system.

“Started playing my first monster hunter game last night. on 3DS. it’s not exactly playable without that circle pad pro atrocity… i don’t understand. why would you even release a game like that on a platform like that? why is it not out on let’s say… vita? you know, the one where you could control the camera. it’s too bad because MH looks like it’s basically phantasy star online but not in space. and i love me some PSO. the whole entire thing was a mistake if you ask me.”

“Also, im so sick of this dual-screen clamshell unicorn tongue. a 2nd screen adds NOTHING. it’s a gimmick. 3D is a gimmick. it’s too bad the vita isnt a bigger hit because hardware wise it’s PERFECT. it has ONE AWESOME SCREEN, and TWO JOYSTICKS. there’s never been a single DS or 3DS that didnt make me go “i wish this was on a single screen”. and i’ve never played any game ever anywhere where i was like “i wish this had a 2nd screen”. and absolutely f@$#ing NOBODY ever went “i wish this had 2nd screen that is smaller and a different aspect ration and touch but not 3D” the gameboy micro was the best handheld ever. i wish nintendo would just make a slightly bigger more powerful GBAM-type thing.”

Check out his twitter,Everyone bashed on him and his truly gimmicky game;;

small_zpsfe204a57.jpg

#2 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

POPULAR

So he calls out the 3DS for using 3D as a gimmick when he based his entire game off a 3D concept gimmick.

He also was pissed whenever someone called him out on his crap and he tries to discredit them by saying he has more followers or fame.  Like someone posted on twitter and tumblr, he really reached Dobson levels or immaturity and failure.

#3 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

lol He sounds like a douche. Most indie developers are (apart from the guy of created Minecraft, I forgot his name but he seems like a nice guy).

He is obviously bashing Nintendo all round. Maybe he was paid for saying this? Or he's just a pillock.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#4 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

He has a hard time keeping his mouth shut.

#5 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

lol calling everything a gimmick without even giving a reason as to why it is. btw.....Phil Fish.......that name.....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

bb0.gif

#6 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:18 AM

The 3DS's selling point though is the 3D effect. He's right about that. I'd say his approach on handling this was rather immature and childish. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#7 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:19 AM

i don't think he likes anything but himself

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#8 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

POPULAR

Let's see here...

->Claims that all japanese games suck

->Plays Monster Hunter 

->Calls a second touch-screen and 3D a gimmick

->Praises the Vita's rear-touch pad

->Says the bottom 3DS screen should also be 3D

->Ten seconds of thought would prove this to be a problem later on

:cough: So yeah...who'd this guy loan his brain to, and how can we get it back to him?

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#9 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:54 AM

I think he's just being the ultimate troll.

He doesn't care whether or not his publicity is bad, as it's publicity nonetheless. If everybody in the world would just stop crying about him and posting news articles about him, he'll probably stop stroking his e-peen and actually fix his game.

Edited by Tom, 24 March 2013 - 10:55 AM.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

Wow, he called so many people "ogres" since yesterday...

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

I will say Fez is really good, and despite him being a tool, I look forward to his future games.

#12 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

What??? Monster hunter with only one analog!!!! This has never happened before!!!

Also, i dont think its a very good idea to be telling everyone, screaming at the top of your lungs that you are a game designer is incapable of coming up with unique creative concepts.

What??? Monster hunter with only one analog!!!! This has never happened before!!!

Also, i dont think its a very good idea to be telling everyone, screaming at the top of your lungs that you are a game designer that is incapable of coming up with unique creative concepts.

Particularly when your only claim to fame is a game thats a rip off of one of super paper marios gimmicks.

Edited by 3Dude, 24 March 2013 - 11:44 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#13 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

Phil Fish is one of the few indie developers I really hate. When he pulls rainbow like this, and that "Ever Japanese game sucks" thing, I lose all respect for the guy. 

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#14 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

I really don't like him.
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#15 Bane

Bane

Spiny

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

Let's see here...

->Claims that all japanese games suck

->Plays Monster Hunter 

->Calls a second touch-screen and 3D a gimmick

->Praises the Vita's rear-touch pad

->Says the bottom 3DS screen should also be 3D

->Ten seconds of thought would prove this to be a problem later on

:cough: So yeah...who'd this guy loan his brain to, and how can we get it back to him?

Can you spell hypocrite? in regards to the Fez guy.

#16 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

Sounds like a butthurt biased dude.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#17 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

As 3Dude posted, it's like this moron ignored the PSP Monster Hunter games, which only used one "stick" (if you can call it that). He just seems to dislike Nintendo.

#18 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:51 AM

Well he does have a point.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#19 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:00 AM

CUD, on 24 Mar 2013 - 20:05, said:Well he does have a point.

Except the design he is ranting and raving about no one wanting EVER was the highest selling videogame system ever made...

Edited by 3Dude, 25 March 2013 - 02:00 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#20 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:10 AM

CUD, on 24 Mar 2013 - 20:05, said:Well he does have a point.

Except the design he is ranting and raving about no one wanting EVER was the highest selling videogame system ever made...

that is true. it makes me sad to see nintendo get so much hate in mainstream gaming these days becuas ethey choose to be innovative. if nintendo tried to be exactly like sony and microsoft they would be out of business sooner than later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!