Photo

Why are people still ripping on the Wii U even after the X demo?

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#141 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:20 AM

How is not quoting someone specific and saying people are being childish not calling names? In fact, even if you quote a post that is offensive and then say that person is childish, not calling names?

I agree that my fellow board member routerbad called people names by mentioning "the haters". However, I don't necessarily think that is bad, nor do I think it is bad calling some people on this forum childish.

What I do think isn't right is you complaining about people calling people names, like routerbad, and then doing that yourself.

Although you are correct in your rhetoric, your thought process is wrong. They could have done what they are doing now with the last generation of consoles, but they choose not to. Or, they could have choosen to design enough air flow and a better cooling system then they originally did. But choose not to. These are design flaws. It's not like Nintendo couldn't make mistakes. They had a leg up, sure.

But look at the Wii U. Even at your own admission, the Wii U is at least ad powerful as the other guys. Using a lower clock processor. Having less hardware problems. The software issues aren't the same as hardware in my book because those are fixable, and it is sad it's taken this long to fix it.

So, at redesigning a console (GCN TO Wii) or designing a newer next Gen console (Wii U), Nintendo has proven they are better than the others.

And yes, I realize you agree with me at the basic principle. But I did say I like to debate ^_^.

Just to clarify, I never called anyone a hater, I only said that Nintendo haters exist, like haters for any brand or company exist.  I didn't specifically call anyone a hater here.

Also, DesertPunk continues to redirect the conversation each time one of his points is challenged, setting up strawmen arguments that have nothing to do with the topic.  Then me starts making childish posts calling people out for defending the console, without quoting any of the material he finds objectionable.  Also, he is curiously fixated on the word "haters"

Edited by routerbad, 21 April 2013 - 08:27 AM.

#142 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

Just to clarify, I never called anyone a hater, I only said that Nintendo haters exist, like haters for any brand or company exist. I didn't specifically call anyone a hater here.

Also, DesertPunk continues to redirect the conversation each time one of his points is challenged, setting up strawmen arguments that have nothing to do with the topic. Then me starts making childish posts calling people out for defending the console, without quoting any of the material he finds objectionable. Also, he is curiously fixated on the word "haters"

Yep, I know. ^_^ Like I said, you using the term isn't offensive to me. People do hate Nintendo. Just like people hate Microsoft, Comcast and Apple. Even Google has haters. But for some reason people aren't proud of hating Nintendo? Or it's a bad thing? All the Apple haters I know are proud of it. It's what they are.

Anyway, you are cool ^_~. Not to say Desert Punk isn't cool, or anyone else. Without DP who would I debate against?
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#143 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

ps4 controller is ripping off nintendo devices again

Edited by Smertrius, 24 April 2013 - 09:18 AM.

#144 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

ps4 controller is ripping off nintendo devices again

Apart from the fact that is rubbish what the hell does it have to do with this thread.

#145 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:40 AM

Apart from the fact that is rubbish what the hell does it have to do with this thread.

He seems to be doing that a lot lately, posting virtually nonsense or info that doesn't really mean anything relating to the thread.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#146 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

1st 6 words of the sentence are

Why are people still ripping on the Wii U

wii u belong to nintendo

sony can be more creative create come up their own devices instead coping off someone else. for eg. sony copied wii remote or wii remote plus when they created PlayStation®Move Motion Controller

ps4 has new controller with touchpad which similar to touchscreen pad like wii u gamepad or nintendo ds/dsi/3ds

Edited by Smertrius, 24 April 2013 - 02:39 PM.

#147 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:56 AM

1st 6 words of the sentence are

Why are people still ripping on the Wii U

wii u belong to nintendo

sony can be more creative create come up their own devices instead coping off someone else. for eg. sony copied wii remote or wii remote plus when they created PlayStation®Move Motion Controller

ps4 has new controller with touchpad which similar to touchscreen pad like wii u gamepad or nintendo ds/dsi/3ds

The touchpad has no screen, like the vita, or laptops.

not really anything like nintendo devices.

And this thread is very much about X.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#148 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:18 AM

ok what is x demo

#149 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:48 AM

ok what is x demo

Read the thread, it has been talked about, and the video posted several times.

#150 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:01 AM

Read the thread, it has been talked about, and the video posted several times.

AMEN

#151 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

ps4  should be Backward Compatibility for ps3 playable discs

#152 NegaScott128

NegaScott128

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

ps4 should be Backward Compatibility for ps3 playable discs

Your point?

#153 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

ps4 should be Backward Compatibility for ps3 playable discs

Actually, unless they have a PS3 processor, I don't think PS4 is backwards compatible. I think u have to buy them digitally.

#154 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

Actually, unless they have a PS3 processor, I don't think PS4 is backwards compatible. I think u have to buy them digitally.

It will work much the same way backcompat worked for X360, a few select games that get ported to the new architecture.

#155 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:11 PM

we need the ps4 to be Backward Compatibility for ps3 playable discs or lower the price to €400

we cant afford to pay up other the full price for ps4 because ireland and most of europe still  are under recession with our wages we cant afford to pay more then  €400 for ps4,

#156 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:43 AM

we need the ps4 to be Backward Compatibility for ps3 playable discs or lower the price to €400

we cant afford to pay up other the full price for ps4 because ireland and most of europe still  are under recession with our wages we cant afford to pay more then  €400 for ps4,

Then don't buy one. No one says you have to and it is a luxury item not a necessity. Personally I can afford both the PS4 and Xbox successor and plan on buying both. It would be nice if they were backward compatible as I have run out of room and in order to get them I will have to get rid of my Xbox 360 and possibly my PS3.

PS3 games will not work on the PS4 either in disc form or digitally.

#157 Half

Half

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • NNID:HalfName
  • Fandom:
    Curse all fanboys/girls.

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:55 AM

Eh? I thought this thread was about... well, the Wii U and X. Or did it morph halfway through?

Also "we" don't NEED it to be. Also, what did you expect? I paid that much for the PS3 when it came out, as technology and consoles and other such things get better, the prices rise.
I thought we narrowly avoided the recession anyway.

FmEkJ2.gif

#158 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:16 AM

Then don't buy one. No one says you have to and it is a luxury item not a necessity. Personally I can afford both the PS4 and Xbox successor and plan on buying both. It would be nice if they were backward compatible as I have run out of room and in order to get them I will have to get rid of my Xbox 360 and possibly my PS3.

PS3 games will not work on the PS4 either in disc form or digitally.

It may have been a rumor, I'll double check, but Sony bought a cloud company where you stream games. That's the only way I know the PS4 can play PS3 games.

#159 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:21 AM

It may have been a rumor, I'll double check, but Sony bought a cloud company where you stream games. That's the only way I know the PS4 can play PS3 gameNot a rumor is fact. thats what they are planning on doing.

Not a rumor its fact. thats what they plan on doing.

#160 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:35 AM

It may have been a rumor, I'll double check, but Sony bought a cloud company where you stream games. That's the only way I know the PS4 can play PS3 games.

Even if that turns out to be true you're going to have to pay for those games. This means all the games you already own if you want to play them you have to pay for them again.

Not a rumor its fact. thats what they plan on doing.

Its certainly not a fact. Its something they have announced at the press conference as a possibility. Hardware companies always promise things but they don't always come into fruition. And as I said even if it did happen they aren't going to be free so if you want to play a game you already own you will have to pay for it again. Not to mention this technology involves streaming as opposed to the processing being done on the PS4 so we don't know how well its going to work. Those with slow Internet connections in particular may not find it practical.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!