Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:09 PM

I've been thinking of changing my diet for awhile now... 

So my question for those who are either a pescetarian or vegetarian, what does your diet consist of? 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:11 PM

POPULAR

I'm a pedestrian. An innocent one, too.

#3 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

Oh, stop it. >__> 

For those interested, my diet consists of this now: 

- Lean Meats

- Whole grains

- Fruits 

- Brown Rice (occasionally)

- Greek Yogurt 

- Almonds, Cashews, Peanuts 

- Oatmeal 

- Vegetables  

So I basically want to know whats the pros and cons of each diet are. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#4 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:29 PM

POPULAR

Im on a diet that consists of McDonalds, Jimmy Johns, Mac N Cheese and Raamen Noodles. And I also never exercise.

The Pros- I enjoy this food, Its also fairly cheap opposed to healthy alternatives

The Cons- I will probably die of a heart attack, and whenever I  notice that Im starting to gain weight I have to stop eating entirely :P

#5 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:31 PM

Animals eat other animals. It is not natural to completely give up meat.

#6 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

Animals eat other animals. It is not natural to completely give up meat.

I agree with you.

I'm in the mood for a change though. I wanna see if I see "different" results. 

Im on a diet that consists of McDonalds, Jimmy Johns, Mac N Cheese and Raamen Noodles. And I also never exercise.

The Pros- I enjoy this food, Its also fairly cheap opposed to healthy alternatives

The Cons- I will probably die of a heart attack, and whenever I  notice that Im starting to gain weight I have to stop eating entirely :P

I love you. 

#7 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

I agree with you.

I'm in the mood for a change though. I wanna see if I see "different" results. 

I guess. I did try eating no meat for a couple of months but found i was eating more carbs instead so it didnt really have any health benefits.

#8 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:40 PM

I've always wanted to try to be a pescetarian or vegetarian but it seems like such a hassle when you're not at home.

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#9 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

I've always wanted to try to be a pescetarian or vegetarian but it seems like such a hassle when you're not at home.

Usually.

I'm in the location where there's a lot seafood places though. 

#10 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

Knowing that animals died for my meal.... Just makes it so much tastier.

#11 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

On April 14, 2013 Zinix joined PETA..

#12 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

Becoming a vegetarian is a a very hard thing to do. There are a lot of vital nutrients we only get from meats, to rid yourself of such an essential food group can be hazardous. A lot of vegetarians have vitamin and mineral deficiencies due to not doing proper research and planning on the subject. Also tofu and most soy products are garbage(unless fermented) they will wreck your health and cause tremendous hormone imbalances, it mimics the female hormone estrogen...... ya see where im going with this.

Edited by meitantei_conan, 13 April 2013 - 02:29 PM.

#13 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

On April 14, 2013 Zinix joined PETA..

PETA is simply egregious. 

Becoming a vegetarian is a a very hard thing to do. There are a lot of vital nutrients we only get from meats, to rid yourself of such an essential food group can be hazardous. A lot of vegetarians have vitamin and mineral deficiencies due to not doing proper research and planning on the subject. Also tofu and most soy products are garbage(unless fermented) they will wreck your health and cause tremendous hormone imbalances, it mimics the female hormone estrogen...... ya see where im going with this.

Hmm, fascinating. I've had a couple of people tell me that a vegetarian diet is indeed, "very hard'.  I was considering it cause I like challenges and obstacles. I guess that the vegetarian lifestyle isn't for me. I would have to quadruple my calorie intake in order to receive the same amount I'm getting now. 

Interesting.    

#14 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

Hmm, fascinating. I've had a couple of people tell me that a vegetarian diet is indeed, "very hard'.  I was considering it cause I like challenges and obstacles. I guess that the vegetarian lifestyle isn't for me. I would have to quadruple my calorie intake in order to receive the same amount I'm getting now. 

Interesting.    

Ya its best to eat a diet rich in all types of food. Why restrict yourself from one food group and loose out on all the benefits. 

#15 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

Ya its best to eat a diet rich in all types of food. Why restrict yourself from one food group and loose out on all the benefits. 

Pescetarians are different though. They can eat fish/seafood which provide the same nutrients as chicken and other meats. They also can consume fruits and vegetables.

#16 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

Pescetarians are different though. They can eat fish/seafood which provide the same nutrients as chicken and other meats. They also can consume fruits and vegetables.

That is true, but you have to still look out for mercury poisoning. Also a lot of sea food now a days are farmed and those farmed fish have lower amounts of said nutrients when compared to wild fish so that's another other thing to be aware of(Also they inject the fish with food dye because there flesh isn't the right color)  . Like I said don't exclude food groups a diet with variety is best, that way you wont have to worry about lacking in anything or worry about supplements. If you want  you can find better versions of your typical grocery meats, for example grass fed animals are much better for you than regular grain fed meats, that also goes for eggs and cheeses. 

#17 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

1892815-love_animals1.jpg

#18 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

I wanna be a vegetarian but DAYUM I LOVE BURGERS!!!

Signature_DK.png

#19 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

Pssh, my diet: Whatever the hell i wanna eat.

#20 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

You don't have to not eat meat to be on a diet. Meat is good for you. (as long as its not fast food meat that is)

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!