Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

POPULAR

Ve2Oxa3.png

Today we are here to pay our respects to the family member of the wii u forums since it was born.

Rest in peace, chat.

tumblr_mabw97Bv6p1qf115j.gif

794144.png?13383682

#2 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

It died for our typing sins.

#3 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

WARINING: Adult Language

best-cry-ever-intervention-o.gif

Just as a few last words for Chat.

Stay Gold, Stay Funny, Stay Croody, Stay Smashing.

Edited by Firejonie, 16 April 2013 - 01:47 PM.

#4 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

hmm....chats been full for awhile now........**runs out of the room crying**

bb0.gif

#5 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

I knew the day would come but why so soon :(

#6 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

tumblr_m59nznvaLj1qhmb0a.jpg

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

The people who caused trouble in the chat were banned in it's final days. I don't blame you for not knowing that though, since you've been banned from it for a while now as well. I think that explains why you hold such a grudge against it and the people who enjoy it. It seems you've even started a clan with other banned members to continually voice your displeasure about it every week or so on the statuses, the forums, etc.
Now me, I got banned from it in January. Instead of making statuses, instead of complaining, I left the forums (without making a thread/status saying so, mind you) until just recently. I came back, because I felt that I had enough time to cool off from my incident, and I could post on the forums without distraction. I sent Mourn a PM asking if I could be unbanned from the chat. If he had said no, I would still be posting here regardless, because this is one of the best Wii U sites out there. In fact, it is the best. I wouldn't be making veiled statuses clearly directed towards those who were enjoying the chat at the time, I wouldn't have made threads, I wouldn't have spammed Facebook pages, and I wouldn't have sent messages on Skype to anyone. I would have just said "Okay, fair enough, I respect your decision".
Instead, I did get unbanned, and had people tell me a couple days ago that I had actually become likable. You have no idea how great that made me feel. People who hated me told me that I was quickly becoming likable. In the past couple days I was talking music, games, and Pokemon challenges with Blake in there. Shame to see it go (hopefully just temporarily), but if it is gone for good, that won't affect my enjoyment of the forum. I will continue to make 0 statuses about it, I will continue to spam 0 Facebook pages, and I will continue to post 0 threads about it. What I will do, however, is continue posting on the forum, discussing the Wii U with what I consider to be friends, because that's really what we are all here for.
Not some chat, not blogs, not statuses or clans, but for the forums, the members, and the community.

*** was banned?
I thought he was chatting last night about me and saturn after all the members ganged up on mournblade to get saturn banned a few days prior?
Not enough they have to gang up to get someone banned but they have to talk about people behind their backs because they are spineless weasels.
I've what with other banned members?
If you're referring to Saturn, I voiced my opinion on what I find to be the disgusting behaviour of yourself and others in the chat.

You gang up on people.
It's been an issue with you all for months and months. Saturn bore the brunt of it, and you eventually got him banned for no reason other than you don't like him.
If that was a valid reason to get someone banned, I'd have been banned a long time ago.

Didn't you request to be unbanned like 50 times in multiple threads for months?
I send the admin who banned me unban requests several times and received no replies. I take that to mean he doesn't want to unban me. I am okay with that.

Despite what you think of me, I don't care if I'm banned. Feld0 explained his reasoning quite well, and I accepted his reason then and now. I think it's a stupid reason, but I'm not holding and kind of grudge what so ever.

Meanwhile, *** and his cronies attack saturn almost daily, and have turned their attention to me ever since I started voicing my opinion outside of PM with mournblade.
You disagree with me, that's clear. I'll keep saying the same thing over. You can offer rebuttals if you want. I haven't called anyone names or tried to get anyone banned.
I haven't colluded in xat to lie to mournblade. I haven't threatened the staff with leaving if they remove a feature.
Chat members have done all these things.

I think chat would have improved a little until you found a new target to attack. If what mournblade said turns out to be true, you might get chat back if feld0 renews the license, and I'll get a chance to be proved right or wrong.
Despite what I've said before about the chat members behaviours, I have and do support chat, it's a great community builder, as you've stated in your post.
Check back in feedback, you'll see me supporting things like this before certain members started corrupting chat into a cesspool of hate.

oh god that's one wall of text...

Edited by Nollog, 16 April 2013 - 02:57 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

Chat died ages ago.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#9 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

I assume this is directed at me? The answer to your question is no. I got chat-banned on January 5th. I kept posting for a little while afterwards, and in only this one did I bring up the chat...

First of all, your Kirby avatar is adorable. Second of all, welcome to the forums. Make sure you stay away from chat, and post a bunch on the forums, as an active forums promotes better discussion and less spam.

Doesn't look like asking to be unbanned to me. My last post was on February 9th. Came back on the 18th. Still no mention on the forums about the chat or being unbanned.

#10 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

POPULAR

RdYUWNn.jpg

794144.png?13383682

#11 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

Bad gimp jobs is all it takes to get likes around here? cool.

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

I assume this is directed at me? The answer to your question is no. I got chat-banned on January 5th. I kept posting for a little while afterwards, and in only this one did I bring up the chat...

Doesn't look like asking to be unbanned to me. My last post was on February 9th. Came back on the 18th. Still no mention on the forums about the chat or being unbanned.

Who was it then?
I thought it was you, maybe I'm mistaken.
Someone was getting pretty annoying the amount they were begging.

Bad gimp jobs is all it takes to get likes around here? cool.

it's abcdude...

Edited by Nollog, 16 April 2013 - 03:01 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 Kimtastic

Kimtastic

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • NNID:Kimtastic-ii
  • Fandom:
    Sailor Moon, Nintendo, Legend of Zelda

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

I know I have no right to say anything about this, but I wouldn't care regardless. You people are whining over a chatroom. Why? I mean, it's not like you wouldn't be able to talk to your friends and acquaintances anymore. At least the forum is still alive. So what if a chatroom is gone? Mourning over it is rather childish. Move on.

Hello. I am Walrus. Please refrain from stepping on my tail or I will ram my tusks down your throat. Have a pleasant day, sir.

(:3=

#14 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

Who was it then?

You'll have to ask the general population. Search my posts, wasn't me.

I accept your apology though. :)

#15 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

You'll have to ask the general population. Search my posts, wasn't me.

I accept your apology though. :)

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

:) glad to see you're reasonable, sorry again.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#16 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

Who was it then?

it's abcdude...

I would tell you who it was, but that person would get upset. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#17 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

RdYUWNn.jpg

Oh, I see how it is. :P

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#18 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

*** was banned?
I thought he was chatting last night about me and saturn after all the members ganged up on mournblade to get saturn banned a few days prior?
Not enough they have to gang up to get someone banned but they have to talk about people behind their backs because they are spineless weasels.
I've what with other banned members?
If you're referring to Saturn, I voiced my opinion on what I find to be the disgusting behaviour of yourself and others in the chat.

You gang up on people.
It's been an issue with you all for months and months. Saturn bore the brunt of it, and you eventually got him banned for no reason other than you don't like him.
If that was a valid reason to get someone banned, I'd have been banned a long time ago.

I send the admin who banned me unban requests several times and received no replies. I take that to mean he doesn't want to unban me. I am okay with that.

Despite what you think of me, I don't care if I'm banned. Feld0 explained his reasoning quite well, and I accepted his reason then and now. I think it's a stupid reason, but I'm not holding and kind of grudge what so ever.

Meanwhile, *** and his cronies attack saturn almost daily, and have turned their attention to me ever since I started voicing my opinion outside of PM with mournblade.
You disagree with me, that's clear. I'll keep saying the same thing over. You can offer rebuttals if you want. I haven't called anyone names or tried to get anyone banned.
I haven't colluded in xat to lie to mournblade. I haven't threatened the staff with leaving if they remove a feature.
Chat members have done all these things.

I think chat would have improved a little until you found a new target to attack. If what mournblade said turns out to be true, you might get chat back if feld0 renews the license, and I'll get a chance to be proved right or wrong.
Despite what I've said before about the chat members behaviours, I have and do support chat, it's a great community builder, as you've stated in your post.
Check back in feedback, you'll see me supporting things like this before certain members started corrupting chat into a cesspool of hate.

oh god that's one wall of text...

Chat was a great place to hang out with community members before it became filled with hate, angst, and people complaining about nonsensical things.  

I hope it comes back and I hope that mods and Feld0 are a little more judicial in their banning decisions, looking at both sides of an issue before dropping the banhammer simply because someone claims they were offended.

Personally, I would prefer the chatroom to be a feature reserved to more established members, people with at least 50-100 posts, that have to apply for access.  That way post quality can be taken into account before access is given, so thread spammers don't end up in the chatroom spouting nonsense while others are in there trying to have an actual discussion.

#19 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

At the time being, I don't think we should really be too concerned about chat. Feld0 simply didn't renew the license for multiple site functions. Now there's obviously the thought that Feld0 might have done this intentionally ( not paying for the chat license).

As for all these " member grudges", I think we should lay these all to rest, water under the bridge. If we can all forgive and forget, live and learn from our past mistakes, we could possibly return chat to it's former glory. There will always be trolls, but if we become civilized enough to give them no thought, drama won't be a problem. And if members still break the rules, ban them. 

Edited by Firejonie, 16 April 2013 - 03:34 PM.

#20 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

At the time being, I don't think we should really be too concerned about chat. Feld0 simply didn't renew the license for multiple site functions. Now there's obviously the thought that Feld0 might have done this intentionally ( not paying for the chat license).

As for all these " member grudges", I think we should lay these all to rest, water under the bridge. If we can all forgive and forget, live and learn from our past mistakes, we could possibly return chat to it's former glory. There will always be trolls, but if we become civilized enough to give them no thought, drama won't be a problem. And if members still break the rules, ban them. 

Agreed. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!