Photo

Earthbound finally coming to the Wii U virtual console, rejoice.

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:10 PM

I was thinking... What was the deciding factor to finally get this game released? Did Nintendo plan on bringing the game to the VC outside of Japan this whole time? Did the fans on Miiverse make their voices loud enough to be heard from Nintendo? We're the copyright issues with some of the game's tunes sorted out or replaced? I wonder...

Posted Image

#22 Phanto

Phanto

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Phanto

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

I was thinking... What was the deciding factor to finally get this game released?

The things is, unless Nintendo tells us we'll never know. I am guessing that some of the music has been replaced... but this won't be known until it's finally available for download.

IF the music was replaced, I would hope that Koji Kondo got to write the new stuff. That man is a genius.

#23 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

I was thinking... What was the deciding factor to finally get this game released? Did Nintendo plan on bringing the game to the VC outside of Japan this whole time? Did the fans on Miiverse make their voices loud enough to be heard from Nintendo? We're the copyright issues with some of the game's tunes sorted out or replaced? I wonder...

Well in the direct Iwata said it was because of fan demand. Nintendo has always known that fans wanted EB released in the VC, but they were always tight lipped about it. I think thei finally got over the legal issue (the music that everyone talks about) and they're finally able to release it. The motivation to really get it released though, was probably due to fans and their constant plea for release. Starmen.net had does a tremendous amount of work trying to bring EB to the VC, but failed. Finally though, we are victorious. I think the best way to thank Nintendo for this is to buy the game, which I will do on day one of it's release.

Edited by GhostDrive, 17 April 2013 - 12:23 PM.

#24 NanamiGamerGrl17

NanamiGamerGrl17

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

victory! 

Posted Image

#25 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

Well in the direct Iwata said it was because of fan demand. Nintendo has always known that fans wanted EB released in the VC, but they were always tight lipped about it. I think they finally got over the legal issue (the music that everyone talks about) and they're finally able to release it. The motivation to really get it released though, was probably due to fans and they constant plea for release. Starmen.net had does a tremendous amount of work trying to bring EB to the VC, but failed. Finally though, we are victorious. I think the best way to thank Nintendo for this is to buy the game, which I will do on day one of it's release.

Ahh, okay. I didn't actually watch the presentation itself. I've been browsing gaming sites and forums all morning getting my info. :)

Posted Image

#26 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

This year will be the first time I ever played Earthbound. I do believe I am in for a treat.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#27 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 17 April 2013 - 01:32 PM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#28 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

I knew we could do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Signature_DK.png

#29 Half

Half

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • NNID:HalfName
  • Fandom:
    Curse all fanboys/girls.

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

I've already played Earthbound and Mother 3 through "other means" because I wasn't possible to actually buy it or anything like that.

I shall be buying it, but maybe not playing it, It's definately worth the money I never gave. Now, lets hope for Mother 3. c:

FmEkJ2.gif

#30 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

I've already played Earthbound and Mother 3 through "other means" because I wasn't possible to actually buy it or anything like that.

I shall be buying it, but maybe not playing it, It's definately worth the money I never gave. Now, lets hope for Mother 3. c:

It's all about supporting the games you love.

Signature_DK.png

#31 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:48 AM

Maybe the music wasn't an issue after all?

http://kotaku.com/ma...-lice-476434126

Posted Image

#32 TheDoritoKing

TheDoritoKing

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • NNID:Sir-Homsar

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

Crispy Bacon, on 17 Apr 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:I believe so.------------------------------------------------Edit:
Yep, right here: http://www.eurogamer...e-due-next-week

But I wonder what they'll do about translations (i.e. French, German, & Italian)? As a RPG the text is very important. P.S. I'm posting this using the Wii U internet browser.

#33 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

I have mixed feelings about the release. I'm glad it's finally being released. But I was also hoping it would stay on the SNES due to collecting purposes. Either way I'm still happy about the announced.

I've still got the original SNES version in its original packaging with the strategy guide in mint condition but I'm not really bothered that its coming to the VC. This will allow more people the opportunity to play the game especially those who never got to play the game when it was originally released.

#34 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

Good news everyone *read in Professor Farnsworth's voice*. Accordoing to Bill Trinen of NOA he told Kotaku.com that the full original game will be on the VC. So if any of you were concerned about EB's soundtrack, it will be there. Apparently the reason it took so long to release it wasn't because of the music, but that still leaves the issue of what was holding Nintendo back. Could it be because the original SNES game tanked in sales? Who knows, apparently only Nintendo does and I don't think they'll be telling us anytime soon.

http://nintendoevery...cencing-issues/

#35 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

Good news everyone *read in Professor Farnsworth's voice*. Accordoing to Bill Trinen of NOA he told Kotaku.com that the full original game will be on the VC. So if any of you were concerned about EB's soundtrack, it will be there. Apparently the reason it took so long to release it wasn't because of the music, but that still leaves the issue of what was holding Nintendo back. Could it be because the original SNES game tanked in sales? Who knows, apparently only Nintendo does and I don't think they'll be telling us anytime soon.

What about the Beatle's yesterday Refference? I  wonder if it will be there?

Signature_DK.png

#36 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

I think I would've been more excited by a remake or a HD collection

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#37 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

What about the Beatle's yesterday Refference? I  wonder if it will be there?

I'm assuming its going to be there, he said the original game will be on the VC.

#38 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

Every damned souls can rest in peace now.

Posted Image

#39 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:05 AM

I think I would've been more excited by a remake or a HD collection

This is one of those games that needs to be released in its original form. If it were remade or released in HD it would lose a lot of its charm.

#40 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

I think they just finally worked out any issues that the music woild have (New Age Retro Hippie's battle music was Jonny Be Good or something like that)

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 20 April 2013 - 10:05 AM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!