14 replies to this topic

#1 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:45 AM

It always makes me laugh how we gamers can be so very vocal online about what's happening / what we feel is just plain wrong in gaming these days, yet at the same time do absolutely nothing to try and change it. Its all:
"FB games are money grabbing scum!"
"YEAH!"
"Micro transactions in games for everything that should be on disc to start with sux!"
"YEAH!I'LL GET THE PITCHFORKS YOU BRING THE BURNING TORCHES!"
"WOOO! WE AGREE! TELL IT LIKE IT IS BROTHA!!"
"We should all show our disgust by voting with our wallets,boycott these companies games, stop buying them so they'll see we won't stand for it!"
"WOOO! YEA...er..hang on...let's not be hasty..not buy their games?...but..but..its (insert fave game here)...let's just stick to Daisying anonymously online eh?"

Or
"Microsonyintendosofts new console has to be always online and won't play used games? That sux! I'm not gonna be buying one then, who's with me?"
"YEAH ME TOO MAN!"
"AND ME!"
"YEP I AGREE NOT GONNA GET ONE..AT ALL..EVER!"
and so it goes on numerous sites allover the web.
*cue the day of release*....
"I'm Gail padwaggler for gamesrcool news and I'm standing outside (insert game store name here), with crowds of avid gamers, some who have been camping outside for days, waiting excitedly for the midnight launch of microsonynintendosofts new console, and as you can see the queues are stretching round the block. Let's ask these gamers what thier thoughts are"
"WOOO! YEAH!!" "NEW CONSOLE!" "ITS GONNA ROCK MAN!" "WOOO!" "TAKE MY MONEY!" "YEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHH!!!" "LOUD NOISES!!"
"What do you think of the always online no used games approach the company has taken?"
"WOOOOO!!" "AWESOME!!" "I don't like it, but..NEW CONSOLE! ITS SHINY! YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!" "TAKE MY MONEY NOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!".
"Thanks guys, there you have it obviously very excited, now back to the studio"....

Not saying everyone's like it, but it seems most of us are. I suppose its coz we know realistically we can't do a damn thing about it, but still it makes me chuckle that those that are so verbal online will still cave in and buy in the end. Sigh.

Thoughts? *braces for impact*....

Edited by backudog, 21 April 2013 - 12:52 AM.

I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#2 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

POPULAR

I like how people on Black Ops 2 are very vocal about the fact they are smoking weed. Outnumbers the 12 year Olds immensely.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#3 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:59 AM

I agree we are a very strange bunch indeed, lately though I seem to have found my cosy spot in the gaming world so lately most of the thing's I've been saying I've been sticking to, I feel so much better within myself for doing so to, it feels........................ refreshing to know where I stand :)

#4 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:57 AM

Those people are just hypocrites joining the bandwagon on the next thing to rage at. on the other hand you have people that stick to what they say, am not going to buy a xbox 720 if it has always online and no used games... simple as. I said i will never buy anything with my money on FB Games back years ago. Not even a single penny spent to this day.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#5 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:07 AM

I don't know about you, but when I said I wasn't buying EA anymore two years ago, I haven't bought EA. When I said I wasn't going to buy the 720, I mean it!

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#6 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:32 AM

This sort of mentality isn't just gamers, it's everywhere. Even in the anime/manga community (which I used to be a part of) has their more than fair share of radical crazy "fans". There's always going to be that group that exists, while on the other side, you have the more competent down-to-earth fans.

#7 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:45 AM

This sort of mentality isn't just gamers, it's everywhere. Even in the anime/manga community (which I used to be a part of) has their more than fair share of radical crazy "fans". There's always going to be that group that exists, while on the other side, you have the more competent down-to-earth fans.

Yup, there's radicals in everything, and social media just brings it to the surface ever more, and at worst, the radicals influence the gamers who have wavering thoughts. In other words, bandwagoners follow the radicals.

To me, this is nothing but immaturity, I dont even bother arguing to people about the wii, the wii-u or the 3ds, the other side never has an intelligent response.

I.e. last friday i bought injustice at Bestbuy (my job) and everyones like..."why would you buy that on wii-u, why do you even HAVE a wii-u, it's not even next gen, that system is gonna fail". 

It's like, does anyone understand that it's nintendo, the only system of theirs that failed was the virtual boy, the wii, the ds and 3ds which all had weaker specs during their generation all came out on top to their competitors.

#8 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:02 AM

Yeah, that's often how it is with people. People don't like something, but they never bother to do anything about it. 

Most of the time it's because there is not much to do about it but file a complaint. 

Edited by Elric, 21 April 2013 - 07:03 AM.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#9 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:28 AM

100829.jpg

Signature_Fox.png

#10 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:44 AM

i havent bought a thq game in over 10 years.

I am currently dancing on their grave.

ea is next.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#11 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

tumblr_lsz5hltJZv1qew2moo1_500.jpg

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#12 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

Kids this gen are weird. They are able to get a hold of a rated M game and somehow get a microphone and scream constantly.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#13 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

I gotta admit, I'm guilty of saying one thing then doing the opposite, for example my next console will definitely be the ps4,  especially if the rumours about the 720 are true and I have no intention of buying a 720, I've been saying so for a while now. BUT I just know I will at some point, just coz there'll be a game comes out on it that's just on the 720 (maybe the next Fable ) that I'll really want to play and will have no choice but to get the console, even though I hate the direction the 720 MIGHT be going in. God I'm so weak willed lol.

I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#14 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

Kids this gen are weird. They are able to get a hold of a rated M game and somehow get a microphone and scream constantly.

I don't get this anymore! All I hear is *cough cough* "awww that's good weed" "Oh where'd you get it from" "My neighbours place. They grow their own, and they let me have some for free" "that's pretty sweet... NO I SHOT YOU FIRST GODDAMNIT!"

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#15 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

I don't get this anymore! All I hear is *cough cough* "awww that's good weed" "Oh where'd you get it from" "My neighbours place. They grow their own, and they let me have some for free" "that's pretty sweet... NO I SHOT YOU FIRST GODDAMNIT!"

You've listened to kids that smoke weed on mics!? What kind of world do we live in!?

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!