routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:50 AM

Thats all I hear it seems lol Other consoles get games, Wii U owners get "coming soon" and "wait till E3" 

Don't be an idiot, lol.  Other consoles have always dealth with the same things.  There are games on the thing, try playing some of them, then there is a library of Wii games that just so happen to work on the system.

#22 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:53 AM

Nintendo has a lot to explain tomorrow. Investors will need to be reassured after two years of losses and broken promises.

They might have a good/great line-up for the second half of this year in the US and Europe, but for Japan all it has is 1st party games.

#23 RobDaCool

RobDaCool

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • NNID:RobDaCool
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Rayman

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:05 AM

Don't be an idiot, lol.  Other consoles have always dealth with the same things.  There are games on the thing, try playing some of them, then there is a library of Wii games that just so happen to work on the system.

My wife has two Wii's so if I wanted to play old, low resolution games I'd plop it into one of those. Sure the Wii U has games, and if the 4 games it has doesn't appeal to someone they're an idiot according to you, thank you for the insult. 

Just when people are opening PS4 and 720 games Christmas morning, I don't want to be opening "IOU's" from Reggie and Iwata :laugh:  

Wii U: RobDaCool | PSN: RobbieDaCool | 3DS: 0903-4184-6816

Twitter! | FaceBook 

#24 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:24 AM

My wife has two Wii's so if I wanted to play old, low resolution games I'd plop it into one of those. Sure the Wii U has games, and if the 4 games it has doesn't appeal to someone they're an idiot according to you, thank you for the insult. 

Just when people are opening PS4 and 720 games Christmas morning, I don't want to be opening "IOU's" from Reggie and Iwata :laugh:  

First, it wasn't meant as an insult, tone is hard to deliver through candid comments on a web forum, so my apologies.

Second, don't troll.  If you want to say there aren't any games that appeal to you, fine, but making halfarsed sardonic posts about the size of the library is actually idiotic and doesn't further the discussion at all.  You're better than that.

#25 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:25 AM

I really depends on people's situation. For PS4 and 720 games which are on PC too I am fortunate to have a GPU which is powerful enough to last through the 8th generation, so any games which are multiplat and miss out the Wii U I'll probably get off Steam. So personally I'm not too bothered, if Sony have any exclusives that are must haves then maybe it's time I start saving up, however so far nothing has excited me, the same with the Nextbox - although the leaked AR glasses are intriguing and show's microsoft are actually finally willing to take a risk with something new! So if the AR glasses work well enough I'll probably pick up a nextbox.

But for now the Wii U has 1) Great first party IPs coming up and getting the console earlier this Feb will give me enough time to save up to get one or two of them by the end of the year, (2) it also has a unique control pad with developers making unique gameplay decisions dedicated to that console. So for me the Wii U was and is my only console choice for the 8th Gen due to those two things. My early adoption of the Wii U I hope is an investment hopefully rather than an instant pay-off.

I may invest in other consoles once they have something that I need, or that I can't get with my PC.

Edited by Penguin101, 23 April 2013 - 06:27 AM.

#26 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:44 AM

33409743.jpg

I can see a lot of people on here who are blinded by fanboyism.

The Wii U is failing at the moment and that is a fact. You cannot just dismiss everything as "doom and gloom" and compare it to the 3DS which is completely different to the Wii U (one of the biggest factors is that it has hardly any competition in the handheld market right now).

The Wii U really has no upcoming games that are system sellers right now and if Nintendo doesn't sort things out then yes the Wii U will be in serious trouble. It isn't fair to expect everyone to just accept that "games are coming". Nintendo has made a series of bad decisions with the Wii U and now they are struggling to get games out. We shouldn't have to wait until Holiday 2013, a whole year after Wii U was released, to get some decent titles. After E3, Nintendo need to start releasing AAA games both 1st and 3rd party on a regular basis otherwise they will never sell consoles. 

It's fine being optimistic, but people also need to be realistic. 

#27 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:03 AM

33409743.jpg

The Wii U is failing at the moment and that is a fact. You cannot just dismiss everything as "doom and gloom" and compare it to the 3DS which is completely different to the Wii U (one of the biggest factors is that it has hardly any competition in the handheld market right now).

The Wii U really has no upcoming games that are system sellers right now and if Nintendo doesn't sort things out then yes the Wii U will be in serious trouble. It isn't fair to expect everyone to just accept that "games are coming". Nintendo has made a series of bad decisions with the Wii U and now they are struggling to get games out. We shouldn't have to wait until Holiday 2013, a whole year after Wii U was released, to get some decent titles. After E3, Nintendo need to start releasing AAA games both 1st and 3rd party on a regular basis otherwise they will never sell consoles. 

That's very interesting, because all I heard the first year, and even through most of the second, of the 3DS was how doomed it was. How pointless a dedicated handheld was compared to smart phones. How the handheld market has been made irrelevant. How super amazing the Vita was going to be for sure and how it'd get all of the games because it had better tech, etc.

I get the feeling you've either never been through a console launch in your young life, or you obviously don't remember it (like pretty much every other person in this industry). First years of systems are not very interesting, nor exciting. You're lucky in your first year if you get 5+ games that are actually worth playing. And believe it or not, consoles don't exactly fly off shelves as soon as they're out either. They start out slow and gain momentum as they continue on. They get bundle deals, lower prices, larger libraries of games, etc. Value of owning consoles increases with time, but it takes time for consoles to pick up steam. You think the PS3/360 just launched with their current line ups? You want to know what the 360's killer app was when it launched? King Kong. :/ 

pNgecl.gif

#28 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:23 AM

33409743.jpg

Oh, really? The 3DS had no competition, really? So you mean all of those doom and gloom articles about how smartphone gaming is taking a big cut (and providing competition) towards the 3DS were my imagination?

Anyway, as for the rest of what you said... Most of us have already gone through many launches. (At least I have.) It's called waiting. You people are so quick to say the Wii U is failing, that it's going to be the next Dreamcast, and whatever else y'all can think of. Is that what being realistic is to you?

#29 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:28 AM

Oh, really? The 3DS had no competition, really? So you mean all of those doom and gloom articles about how smartphone gaming is taking a big cut (and providing competition) towards the 3DS were my imagination?

Anyway, as for the rest of what you said... Most of us have already gone through many launches. (At least I have.) It's called waiting. You people are so quick to say the Wii U is failing, that it's going to be the next Dreamcast, and whatever else y'all can think of. Is that what being realistic is to you?

Rome was in fact, built in a day, so therefore the Wii U should have all the good stuff out by now. LEARN UR HISTORY OMG WTF BBQ!

#30 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:34 AM

Smartphone gaming (as we all know) is not real competition to actual consoles.

You are only 5 years older than me. You've maybe seen one more console launch than I have and thats it.

That's very interesting, because all I heard the first year, and even through most of the second, of the 3DS was how doomed it was. How pointless a dedicated handheld was compared to smart phones. How the handheld market has been made irrelevant. How super amazing the Vita was going to be for sure and how it'd get all of the games because it had better tech, etc.

I get the feeling you've either never been through a console launch in your young life, or you obviously don't remember it (like pretty much every other person in this industry). First years of systems are not very interesting, nor exciting. You're lucky in your first year if you get 5+ games that are actually worth playing. And believe it or not, consoles don't exactly fly off shelves as soon as they're out either. They start out slow and gain momentum as they continue on. They get bundle deals, lower prices, larger libraries of games, etc. Value of owning consoles increases with time, but it takes time for consoles to pick up steam. You think the PS3/360 just launched with their current line ups? You want to know what the 360's killer app was when it launched? King Kong. :/ 

I dont understand your point with the 3DS? Yes people said that, and yes it is now doing well but my point is that you cant compare the Wii U to 3DS.

It doesn't matter if the first couple of years aren't "exciting", the Wii U is not selling. If this isn't due to bad decision making or lack of games then what is it? I understand that there is usually a lack of games the first few months after launch but we are getting to the point where this isnt a few months after launch, it is 6 months after launch and still no games and no sign of when we are going to get games.

You can be satisfied with promises of games "in the future" if you want. But I'm just saying that these promises wont sell systems.

Rome was in fact, built in a day, so therefore the Wii U should have all the good stuff out by now. LEARN UR HISTORY OMG WTF BBQ!

No one said Wii U should have all the good games out by now, but it should have some. There are very little good games out right now.

#31 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

Regardless of what you think, Smartphones are indeed a threat to actual consoles. And if you have seen more console launches, then you wouldn't be crying about how the Wii U is doomed right now. Because this is quite common in console launches.

Smartphone gaming (as we all know) is not real competition to actual consoles.

You are only 5 years older than me. You've maybe seen one more console launch than I have and thats it.

Edited by Gaymer, 23 April 2013 - 07:36 AM.

#32 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:40 AM

No one said Wii U should have all the good games out by now, but it should have some. There are very little good games out right now.

Yes I know, but games take a long time to make. Publishers also don't want games competing against each other too much since it could end up ruining sales of a game. If all the majority of the first title party games came out at the same time, there would be an over saturation of games. They're supposed to evenly space out game releases so everyone has a good amount of time to buy each game. Pikmin 3 was supposed to be out earlier (as we all hoped) but unfortunately that wasn't the case. At least we finally got a date, and that will help sell the system. There is also a lot of things to consider like the status of our economy, if nobody has extra money to spend, nobody will by games or systems regardless of how good they are.

#33 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:50 AM

Regardless of what you think, Smartphones are indeed a threat to actual consoles. And if you have seen more console launches, then you wouldn't be crying about how the Wii U is doomed right now. Because this is quite common in console launches.

Well that is your opinion but I dont think smartphones are as big of a threat to gaming as people seem to think.

I never said I had seen more console launches than you. And I never once said wii u was "doomed", I said it was "failing" (and it is because Nintendo are making losses yet again) which is completely different. I said that the Wii U would be in serious trouble IF we don't start getting games soon after E3.

Yes I know, but games take a long time to make. Publishers also don't want games competing against each other too much since it could end up ruining sales of a game.

So 6 months (so far) of pretty much no good games was planned by NIntendo from the beginning? Ok.

I'm being realistic. If the Nintendo fans of this site don't want realism then that's fine. Let's all just pretend the Wii U is doing great and be happy Iwata is promising lots of games "coming soon" like Pikmin which has been pushed back about 20 times.

#34 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:53 AM

Well that is your opinion but I dont think smartphones are as big of a threat to gaming as people seem to think.

I never said I had seen more console launches than you. And I never once said wii u was "doomed", I said it was "failing" (and it is because Nintendo are making losses yet again) which is completely different. I said that the Wii U would be in serious trouble IF we don't start getting games soon after E3.

So 6 months (so far) of pretty much no good games was planned by NIntendo from the beginning? Ok.

No. Did you not read the part I said about Pikmin 3? It was supposed to be a launch title. For whatever reason it got delayed, that was an unfortunate circumstance. There's also Rayman Legends which was supposed to be a Wii U exclusive. How did that go? Well it was delayed to September due to Ubisoft saying they want it on the other systems. That again, is an unfortunate event.

From my perspective, Nintendo Land, NSMBU, Pikmin 3, and Rayman Legends were supposed to be the big systems sellers. 2 of the 4 were delayed. One of which wasn't even Nintendo's fault. Things happen that we as consumers can't control, and sometimes the developers, marketing, etc of companies mess things up and we pay the price. Yeah it sucks, but it's life and it happens all the time.

Edited by GhostDrive, 23 April 2013 - 07:54 AM.

#35 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:53 AM

and compare it to the 3DS which is completely different to the Wii U (one of the biggest factors is that it has hardly any competition in the handheld market right now).

The Wii U really has no upcoming games that are system sellers right now

Smartphones are a GIANT Threat to handheld games and even consoles themselves, a TON of casuals are thinking "Why get a £150 handheld and £40 games when i can just buy this 59P Angry birds game on my phone". 

Wii u Upcoming games are Super mario 3D, Mario Kart, Zelda U, Pikmin 3, SSB4, Retro's game, Monolith soft, Yarn Yoshi, Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Wind Waker HD (Plus more when E3 gets here) all exclusive Wii U games, if you're telling me that ALL of these games aren't going to sell the system better then it already is. then you're crazy.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#36 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:54 AM

This isn't my opinion. It's a fact. I don't particularly care for smartphone gaming myself, but you can't be blind to not see that it's taking a huge cut out of handheld gaming. The 3DS could be selling way better than it is right now. (Especially overseas)

You never said you had seen more console launches than me? But you said that I've only seen one more than you? So that automatically means that you implied you've gone through several launches. Now you're backtracking. Make up your mind. Oh, and forgive me for not realizing there was a difference between failing and it being doomed. Some of you people constantly exchange the terms, so in my head, they mean the same exact thing. People have been predicting Nintendo's demise since the Gamecube, so again, forgive me if these little issues about not having enough games (that appeal to you) a few months in seem trivial to me. Patience is a virtue. That's all I have to say on the matter.

#37 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

33409743.jpg

Nice try but epic fail. In order to get third party games we need first party games and a ton of first party games have already been announced. As for us being fanboys try again. I own a Vita and Gaymer owns a 360 and we both love them.

Smartphones are a GIANT Threat to handheld games and even consoles themselves, a TON of casuals are thinking "Why get a £150 handheld and £40 games when i can just buy this 59P Angry birds game on my phone". 

Wii u Upcoming games are Super mario 3D, Mario Kart, Zelda U, Pikmin 3, SSB4, Retro's game, Monolith soft, Yarn Yoshi, Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Wind Waker HD (Plus more when E3 gets here) all exclusive Wii U games, if you're telling me that ALL of these games aren't going to sell the system better then it already is. then you're crazy.

How can a dinky telephone with crappy games like Angry Birds actually kill a system that can run games like Halo and Smash Bros? I made my point.

This isn't my opinion. It's a fact. I don't particularly care for smartphone gaming myself, but you can't be blind to not see that it's taking a huge cut out of handheld gaming. The 3DS could be selling way better than it is right now. (Especially overseas)

You never said you had seen more console launches than me? But you said that I've only seen one more than you? So that automatically means that you implied you've gone through several launches. Now you're backtracking. Make up your mind. Oh, and forgive me for not realizing there was a difference between failing and it being doomed. Some of you people constantly exchange the terms, so in my head, they mean the same exact thing. People have been predicting Nintendo's demise since the Gamecube, so again, forgive me if these little issues about not having enough games (that appeal to you) a few months in seem trivial to me. Patience is a virtue. That's all I have to say on the matter.

Isn't Hunter like 7 years younger than you LOL?

As with what the guy with the Yoshi avatar said I would have to disagree with you bro. I really wan't to know how a game like MegaMan X for iPOD can beat an actual system.

Signature_DK.png

#38 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:16 AM

As with what the guy with the Yoshi avatar said I would have to disagree with you bro. I really wan't to know how a game like MegaMan X for iPOD can beat an actual system.

Alex, to us gamers, of course they won't. But to the casual gamer, why would they want a device that excels at gaming when they could have another device that does more things and they can buy cheap pick up and play games? Unfortunately, we make up a small population.

Edited by Gaymer, 23 April 2013 - 08:16 AM.

#39 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:19 AM

Alex, to us gamers, of course they won't. But to the casual gamer, why would they want a device that excels at gaming when they could have another device that does more things and they can buy cheap pick up and play games? Unfortunately, we make up a small population.

Yeah but even in that situation Nintendo Land can't really be beaten buy DMC for iTunes.

Signature_DK.png

#40 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:20 AM

Yeah but even in that situation Nintendo Land can't really be beaten buy DMC for iTunes.

? I'm talking about handheld gaming. So we're basically comparing the 3DS and Vita to smartphones. The proof is already there, lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!