Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:24 AM

? I'm talking about handheld gaming. So we're basically comparing the 3DS and Vita to smartphones. The proof is already there, lol.

It may only affect it a tiny bit. But that's just my observation. Now back on topic.....What's the deal with people saying the Wii U is d00med when it already has several awesome titles confirmed?

Signature_DK.png

#42 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:26 AM

How can a dinky telephone with crappy games like Angry Birds actually kill a system that can run games like Halo and Smash Bros? I made my point.

Because everyone has a phone with games on, to non gamers they don't see a point in having a £150 handheld or even more for a console then they can play games on there phone. People researched that 87% of americans play casual games on phones and facebook, thinking that "ooh, i can play this for free, why would i pay hundreds of dollars on those other games?" not realizing how different the games are. Ya obviously gamers aren't going to not buy a console because of free phone games. but a lot of casuals out there are

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#43 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:26 AM

It may only affect it a tiny bit. But that's just my observation. Now back on topic.....What's the deal with people saying the Wii U is d00med when it already has several awesome titles confirmed?

Because Nintendo only has 70Bn yen of operating money rather than 100Bn yen, which is still more than most technology companies.  I agree with you.

#44 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:30 AM

Because everyone has a phone with games on, to non gamers they don't see a point in having a £150 handheld or even more for a console then they can play games on there phone. People researched that 87% of americans play casual games on phones and facebook, thinking that "ooh, i can play this for free, why would i pay hundreds of dollars on those other games?" not realizing how different the games are. Ya obviously gamers aren't going to not buy a console because of free phone games. but a lot of casuals out there are

15 years from now we will look back and laugh about how we thought phones would kill real videogames.

Signature_DK.png

#45 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:34 AM

15 years from now we will look back and laugh about how we thought phones would kill real videogames.

Am not saying they are, am saying big production video games are selling less because of it and I was replying to Mr. Orange that the 3DS does infact have a competition in the handheld market, that competition being smart-phones and tablets.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#46 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:37 AM

Am not saying they are, am saying big production video games are selling less because of it and I was replying to Mr. Orange that the 3DS does infact have a competition in the handheld market, that competition being smart-phones and tablets.

Yeah. As I said earlier this is getting off topic. On the brighter side it beats talking about Wii U Gloom and doom.

Signature_DK.png

#47 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:54 AM

My friend made me an offer for my Wii U -I'm beginning to think I may take it  :unsure:

C'mon. You didn't expect the best of what Wii U has to offer to be available within the first 5-6 months did you? We're barely into the life cycle of this console. Have patience. Quality software will come.

Posted Image

#48 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

This will force Nintendo's hand a bit to calm investors.  If Nintendo does post large losses, then they may need to immediately follow that up with some information on why things are going to be turning around very soon.  I will just be happy to see how many Wii U's were actually sold.  VGchartz still has them at 2.9 million total, even though Nintendo claimed 3 million sold as of December 31st 2012.  Its still looking like Nintendo will miss their goal of 4 million sold by March 31st, but 3.5 million still isnt a bad start considering Nintendo has yet to release its big guns. 

This will force Nintendo's hand a bit to calm investors.  If Nintendo does post large losses, then they may need to immediately follow that up with some information on why things are going to be turning around very soon.  I will just be happy to see how many Wii U's were actually sold.  VGchartz still has them at 2.9 million total, even though Nintendo claimed 3 million sold as of December 31st 2012.  Its still looking like Nintendo will miss their goal of 4 million sold by March 31st, but 3.5 million still isnt a bad start considering Nintendo has yet to release its big guns. 

#49 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

My wife has two Wii's so if I wanted to play old, low resolution games I'd plop it into one of those. Sure the Wii U has games, and if the 4 games it has doesn't appeal to someone they're an idiot according to you, thank you for the insult. 

Just when people are opening PS4 and 720 games Christmas morning, I don't want to be opening "IOU's" from Reggie and Iwata :laugh:  

Be patient. I can bet you a million bucks by spring next year we will have so many killer games you won't know what to do.

Signature_DK.png

#50 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:02 AM

Yeah, I'm wondering if we could see some news or unannounced info pop up at the meeting. I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that one.

Posted Image

#51 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:06 AM

if Nintendo doesnt wow people at E3 then their d00med.

Even if their E3 flops, you do realize that the Wii U is going to have an amazing software lineup for the Holiday Season, right? :|

#52 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

The difference between Vgchartz and Nintendo (Sony and MS aswell) is that Nintendo reports shipped numbers, whilst Vgchartz tracks sold to consumer.

I also expect something out of Nintendo at this meeting. They can reassure investors concerning the western market (1st party and 3rd party games), but for the japanese market things aren`t so good.

#53 RobDaCool

RobDaCool

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • NNID:RobDaCool
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Rayman

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

C'mon. You didn't expect the best of what Wii U has to offer to be available within the first 5-6 months did you? We're barely into the life cycle of this console. Have patience. Quality software will come.

Why not? Anyway, after having my Gamepad fail like 5 times trying to play a game, (kept disconnecting, and my Wii U was like 2 feet from the game pad) I gave up, took his offer. And why shouldn't I of? I mean when I do decide to play a game, I cant cause of the gamepad disconnections, and crazy input lag on the ONE VC game I have 

Wii U: RobDaCool | PSN: RobbieDaCool | 3DS: 0903-4184-6816

Twitter! | FaceBook 

#54 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:08 AM

I think the wii u will eventually perform well, but I still think Iwata needs to leave and someone young and in touch with the market needs to come in.

i hear people saying this, but what exactly would a new person in his position do? I'm ignorant to exactly what his role is and how he effects anything as far being the goat or the hero.

#55 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:09 AM

Why not? Anyway, after having my Gamepad fail like 5 times trying to play a game, (kept disconnecting, and my Wii U was like 2 feet from the game pad) I gave up, took his offer. And why shouldn't I of? I mean when I do decide to play a game, I cant cause of the gamepad disconnections, and crazy input lag on the ONE VC game I have 

Great software takes time. As Nintendo and other developers become more familiar with the hardware and what they can do with it, we'll see some great games down the road. There's good stuff right now, but it's only going to get better. And who knows what kind of surprises we can expect.

As for your gamepad having issues, yeah, I'd say that's a big problem. When you constantly have to deal with connection issues like that, it can be frustrating. Did you try to contact Nintendo tech support and get some help?

Edited by Crispy Bacon, 23 April 2013 - 11:10 AM.

Posted Image

#56 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

True considering there are so many people under the age of 16

I'm turning eighteen in a few months and the only launch I remember was the Wii, but also GC's very vaguely..

If they keep making losses for another 1/2 years, Iwata should step down.
No sig.

#57 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:40 PM

People researched that 87% of americans play casual games on phones and facebook, thinking that "ooh, i can play this for free, why would i pay hundreds of dollars on those other games?

87% of Americans....

That seems just a tad high

source?.

#58 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:21 AM

87% of Americans....

That seems just a tad high

source?.

I think its a case of misreading information.

http://www.gamesindu...f-female-gamers

"87 per cent of those identified as gamers had recently played on PC or Mac, 50 per cent on Facebook and 28 per cent on smartphones."

The statement also says "recently", meaning they could play on different formats as well.

(as pointed out in the next sentence in the article)

Furthermore, this article is 2.5 years old,

a time when facebook gaming was rather high.

(personal experience here, last year the invitations to games for me has declined rapidly)

I'm not too familiar with the smartphone gaming market, 

but I have very strong doubts that it makes a significant impact on the console and handheld market.

At least, not anymore.

The article was focused more on casual gaming, leaving out all the people who only play consoles.

This should conclude how small the mobile gaming market actually is compared to the rest.

Edited by TheSparrow87, 24 April 2013 - 01:28 AM.

#59 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:07 AM

yeah the 3ds was doomed too... and the ps3... and the xbox 360... and the xbox... and the playstation... and the snes... and the master system... and the atari 2600... and the odessey II...

but seriously is this everyone's first console launch? I don't think there's a console this didn't happen with

people are used to the wii on this site, which performed well right at the start, and then died later on.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#60 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:14 AM

i think iwata should to step down. im not a financial guru but two years of losses in a row means something has to change. iwata should still be the voice of nintendo with the directs and stuff but not the decision maker, bc it seems that its not working out too well... i love my wii u and...again...i still want it to be my main system so a new head to get these games on board would be appreciated.

I don't think he needs to step down. Look at if this way. Sony posted losses with the PS3 launch. They sold the console at a loss. Nintendo for the last two years has launched two systems. Both sold at a loss. If you are selling your products at a loss, it doesn't matter if you make sells targets. You will still loose money.

They are just being negative. Nintendo has tazilllions of money to loose before they have to worry.

Thats all I hear it seems lol Other consoles get games, Wii U owners get "coming soon" and "wait till E3"

Go ahead and trade your Wii U. It's not like we are getting any good games. Nope. No Mario Kart, no 3D Mario, no Zelda, no Bayonneta 2, or any of the games that will be announced at E3.

So yeah, go ahead. Sell it. And try to buy those games for your PS3.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!