Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

http://www.gonintend...story&id=201118

Thoughts? If its true Ill be disappointed, I'd love to have just a fantastic Nintendo E3 start to end that would wow everyone. 

2lvmghw.png

#2 Jeenaud

Jeenaud

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • NNID:Jeenaud-X
  • Fandom:
    Fire Emblem,Metroid and Zelda

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

WHAT!!! 

#3 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

I have no idea what this means other than there being small events instead of one huge event. Or at least that's what I think he's saying. I am so confused.  :unsure:

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#4 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

Well, I sure hope that this doesn't mean there will be no E3 conference from them... They're so fun to watch... ;A;

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#5 dmann

dmann

Blooper

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

well to be honest, that is not a bad idea to go with. Since sony and Micosoft will be revealing their new console. Nintendo wont have to fully compete with them, and can focus on the more important things

Nintendo Network ID: dmann21
3DS Friend Code: 2750-1109-4924

#6 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

I guess they are making a E3 Nintendo Direct instead.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#7 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

I kinda expected this, pretty soon here E3 won't be a thing any more, companies aren't taking it as seriously as they did a few years ago. Though, I'm sad because it has become a tradition.

There's still plenty of hope for an actual conference, so looking forward to getting confirmation.

#8 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

Edited by BrandedSwordsman, 20 May 2018 - 03:05 AM.

#9 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

Maybe Nintendo is trying a publicity stunt? They'll reveal games outside of E3, and then when they, blow the competition out of the water they can say they did it without creating a massive event at E3?

Edited by Big Boss, 24 April 2013 - 07:24 PM.

#10 NanamiGamerGrl17

NanamiGamerGrl17

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

But didn't Iwata say they would show 3D Mario and Kart at E3 or was it later this year he said?

Posted Image

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

But didn't Iwata say they would show 3D Mario and Kart at E3 or was it later this year he said?

He specifically said e3.

His quote says they're still hosting a media event, so I'm not sure where people are getting this "no e3" thing from.

If anything there's going to be more events from Nintendo this year is what he's saying, just not behind closed doors, and will involve the public.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

Edited by BrandedSwordsman, 20 May 2018 - 03:05 AM.

#13 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

Im still confused on whether this will be a good thing or a bad thing. As long as they do better than their 2012 E3, they need to show a lot more this time. I guess they will need to plan hard on what to show as not to have it all overshadowed by the PS4/720 announcements.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#14 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

As long as I get dem gamz then whatever.

#15 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

if you give them games, they will play

#16 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

If their commercials suck how else do they plan to promote their games?!?!?

Signature_DK.png

#17 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

Also, I would like to use this opportunity to talk about this year’s E3.

In the past we invited reporters, investors and analysts, industry partners, such as software publishers, and distributors who attended E3 to our large-scale presentations. We also used them as a communication tool in which we broadcast our presentations on the Internet to reach out to video game fans around the globe. I believe that many are expecting us to host a similar event this year.
On the other hand, since we set out on new endeavors such as Nintendo Direct two years ago in October, we have been paying special attention to the fact that different people demand different types of information from us. For example, as video game fans are looking for information about games, it seems that they are less interested in sales figures that investors and analysts on the other hand attach much greater importance to, and distribution partners are looking for information on how we are going to market our products in the immediate future. At previous financial briefing sessions we announced information about our products, showed videos and even uploaded the recording of these events onto our website, but given that we now have an established method such as Nintendo Direct, we feel that we will be able to deliver our messages more appropriately and effectively by doing so individually based on the various needs of different groups of people.
At E3 this year, we are not planning to launch new hardware, and our main activity at E3 will be to announce and have people experience our software. Many people are certainly very interested in learning more about the Wii U titles that we are going to announce. We will use E3 as an ideal opportunity to talk in detail mainly about the Wii U titles that we are going to launch this year, and we also plan to make it possible for visitors to try the games immediately. As a brand new challenge, we are working to establish a new presentation style for E3.

First, we decided not to host a large-scale presentation targeted at everyone in the international audience where we announce new information as we did in the past.
Instead, at the E3 show this year, we are planning to host a few smaller events that are specifically focused on our software lineup for the U.S. market. There will be one closed event for American distributors, and we will hold another closed hands-on experience event, for mainly the Western gaming media. Also, I did not speak at last year’s presentation, and I am not planning to speak at these events at the E3 show this year either. Apart from these exclusive events for visitors, we are continuing to investigate ways to deliver information about our games directly to our home audience around the time of E3. We will share more information about them once they have officially been decided.
During the E3 period, we will utilize our direct communication tools, such as Nintendo Direct, to deliver information to our Japanese audience, including those who are at this financial briefing, mainly focusing on the software that we are going to launch in Japan, and we will take the same approach outside Japan for the overseas fans as well.

34l.jpg

http://www.nintendo..../130425/04.html

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#18 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

Hardly any one watches events like PAX. E3 is where it's all at. Iwata is going to be NOA's worst president ever. What a doofus.

Edited by Alex Apathy, 24 April 2013 - 08:21 PM.

Signature_DK.png

#19 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

At first I was all, "WHAT?!" but after reading other people's explanations and the quotes in Nollog's post, it makes a lot more sense.  They'll use E3 mainly as a way to give hands-on time, and will be using more Directs for announcements.  After that last nintendo direct, I'm pretty happy with getting more of those.  They feel like mini-E3's throughout the year.  Besides, putting all their eggs in the basket that is E3, when Sony and Microsoft are showing off new consoles, wouldn't be the best approach unless they're 100% sure they can blow those two out of the water.

#20 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

At first I was all, "WHAT?!" but after reading other people's explanations and the quotes in Nollog's post, it makes a lot more sense.  They'll use E3 mainly as a way to give hands-on time, and will be using more Directs for announcements.  After that last nintendo direct, I'm pretty happy with getting more of those.  They feel like mini-E3's throughout the year.  Besides, putting all their eggs in the basket that is E3, when Sony and Microsoft are showing off new consoles, wouldn't be the best approach unless they're 100% sure they can blow those two out of the water.

Well they better announce dates soon or this could be a bad mistake.

Signature_DK.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!