#21 Chaotix

Chaotix

Team Nerd

• Section Mods
  • 728 posts
  • NNID:Chaot1x
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

Nintendo Directs imo are better than e3 considering how bad e3 has been the past few years so I wont miss it.

eEG8Ies.png

#22 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

omg. I am seeing every fanboy flooding the IGN' comment section about this topic. They are all saying stuff like goodbye Nintendo, Goodbye Mario, Nintendo is close to death, Nintendo is going under...

It's really frustrating to read all this. I can't deal with their stupidity.

Today is not a good day for Nintendo fans as the negativity builds up  :(

Edited by xBASSxMONSTAx, 24 April 2013 - 09:44 PM.

#23 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

I just hope we get some awesome Wii U news, then I'll be fine, if not I'm gonna be severely disappointed, Wii U needs some game announcments.

#24 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

What he's saying is they'll be at E3 but have numerous smaller conferences around E3 time. This could be better depending on how long the conferences are, meaning more content will get to be shown.

right, he's making it sound like there will be smaller conferences like the one for 3DS last year. Probably one for software updates, new system features etc, one for Wii U games, one for 3DS games. Then you only get the stuff you care about. hopefully they are still in the live conference style because I really want to hear an audience's reaction (which in reality is probably one of the things they are trying to avoid cuz it has sucked during the conference for the last few years).

#25 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

Nintendo will do what Nintendo will do and that is why they are Nintendo

They dance to the beat of their own drum.

Plus why would they want to associate themselves in a conference with the "lesser" companies?

Its just class separation going on, Nintendo doesnt want to hang around with the riff raff, they are a classier bunch :3

Edited by Sexy Mitch 2013, 24 April 2013 - 09:40 PM.

#26 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

You know I just realized something, Nintendo hasn't really gave us a huge Nintendo console game for 2 years. The Biggest one is Skyward Sword 2 years ago, last year were localized games that finally was released in North America. So.....They must be working on Wii U projects? If they don't show all of it I'll be very disappointed. Watch them come up with a Nintendoland 2.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#27 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:47 PM

I don't get it. They say no large event, but they will announce software?
No sig.

#28 Klobb

Klobb

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi and Durant

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:22 AM

I don't get it. They say no large event, but they will announce software?

You can announce stuff without having a large event.

If you think Smogon ban stuff

"Just because they can't beat it"

You clearly don't play OU

You clearly have no knowledge of the metagame

And you clearly don't deserve to have an opinion.

#29 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:28 AM

nintendo is $##$ angry with western devs, maybe thats why. Also Blizzard stop participating at E3 long ago, they have their own blizzcon..

Nintendos 2 last e3s were a disaster...  2011 E3 was amazing, but everything they showed, was 70% a lie! And it was not nintendos fault! 2012 E3, not many liked it.

Edited by Plutonas, 25 April 2013 - 02:56 AM.

#30 NanamiGamerGrl17

NanamiGamerGrl17

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:33 AM

If their commercials suck how else do they plan to promote their games?!?!?

I hope you don't mean 3DS ones but the Wii U ones. The 3DS ones have been a lot like the old school 80s/90s era which are fun 

Posted Image

#31 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:34 AM

If this is true, it is more proof Iwata has lost touch with the industry and needs to leave. Let someone that is similar to Reggie take his spot, I mean, even outside the ninty community, EVERYONE LOVES REGGIE!!

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#32 NanamiGamerGrl17

NanamiGamerGrl17

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:34 AM

nintendo is $##$ angry with western devs, maybe thats why. Also Blizzard stop participating in at E3 long ago, they have their own blizzcon..

Nintendos 2 last e3s were a disaster...  2011 E3 was amazing, but everything they showed, was 70% a lie! And it was not nintendos fault! 2012 E3, not many liked it.

A lie? Didn't those games come out? 

Posted Image

#33 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:37 AM

alien, ea lies, metro last night... latest western dev announcements.  (it was 2011 E3) and major games like pikmin 3, etc, are not out yet... they will come after 2013 e3!!!  They showed pikmin at 2011, they showed pikmin at 2012... they cant show us pikmin at 2013 also!...

To be honest I was about to do the same thing with this year's E3.... to cancel it totally and make many direct hypes.. also let the developers show their games for my system in standalone presentations (ubisoft, etc)... 

But one major concern of mine.. are we going to see any presentation from Monolith or Retro? thats bad.... They have to hype the system.

Edited by Plutonas, 25 April 2013 - 02:43 AM.

#34 NanamiGamerGrl17

NanamiGamerGrl17

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:39 AM

alien, ea lies, metro last night... latest western dev announcements.  (it was 2011 E3)

Oh I only watch for the japanese style games so I missed those tbh. I thought you meant it was a lie like we did not getting half of the games they showed 

Posted Image

#35 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:43 AM

What it means for us is that they are cutting the crap. No one wants to hear statistics and such, we just wanna see the games. Nintendo is going to be there for the whole weekend, showing the new games it has to the public and seperately to the investors. It's better for us.

Also, we already know they are going to show 3 (potentially) amazing Wii U games in the new 3D Mario game made by the same team as Galaxy 1 & 2 and 3D Land, A new Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. Which is kind of the game most people are dying to see.

Sorry, the internet decided to go very slow when posting.

Edited by Happy Monk, 25 April 2013 - 02:45 AM.

Bring the noise.

#36 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:24 AM

at first i thought nintendo was taking several spread out small shows throughout E3, if the means spread out announcments throughout the year, then this is worse than E3 unless they actualy advertise.

#37 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:53 AM

Is this simply because both Sony & M$ will have big shows with lots to show off and Nintendo have pretty much mentioned everything already?

The press will be all over the PS720 and lets face it Nintendo have not done much to help there new flagship system get a grip.

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#38 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:58 AM

I can`t believe Nintendo did this.

If their fan presentation of the games and other news is another ND, they just made another big mistake.

As much as i like NDs, they can´t begin to compare to E3. The best way to describe is, to me, like going to see a movie. You are there with everyone, watching it with everyone and all laughing. And now, you will be watching it at home, alone.

E3 was a once in a year event that no matter how bad it went, it was always fun to watch and hear people`s reactions - even Nintendo`s executives reactions. Now all that`s gone.

#39 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:01 AM

You can announce stuff without having a large event.

True but.. what they would be doing I thought was having a presentation for US market only (where I doubt they will do big announcements that concern worldwide releases) and a hands-on experience, where they won't reveal anything either obviously. It's all just a bit vague to me.

No sig.

#40 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

True but.. what they would be doing I thought was having a presentation for US market only (where I doubt they will do big announcements that concern worldwide releases) and a hands-on experience, where they won't reveal anything either obviously. It's all just a bit vague to me.

Probably because the plans of how they will announce the new games hadn't been decided upon yet.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!