Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:17 AM

Nintendo Direct presentations leading up to the show.

Scibetta's full statement is as follows:

"As you've already seen, a lot of news about Nintendo games and services that traditionally would be held until E3 is being delivered this year through Nintendo Directs, and various press events. This approach will continue between now and E3. No matter where you are in the world, you'll be fully informed. We look forward to continuing to provide you with Nintendo news and content in ways you haven't before experienced. Beyond the news that will be communicated through Nintendo Direct videos in the run up to E3, at the show itself we're hosting two smaller events on Tuesday morning before the LACC opens instead of just our traditional one event. A media event and a partner presentation will both occur that morning. While the audiences will be different between the two events, both will occur on the Tuesday morning of E3 (June 11) which is the date and time period the public has come to expect for Nintendo to deliver E3 news.

At the Nokia theater we'll meet with business partners (retailers, publishers, analysts, etc.) from the NOA territory and discuss our plans for driving the business and providing tailored information that this group finds useful to their operations. Nintendo has done these same type of business meetings at past E3 shows, but has not in the past few years. This year we are returning to that business partner meeting format. New this year at our booth in the LACC, prior to the show opening, we'll invite a small group of media to play our games. We will have a strong line-up of beloved franchise experiences available for immediate hands-on play. We are continuing to consider exciting new ways to bring the news of our games and information directly to the players at home during the E3 timeframe, and will have more to say about that at a later date."

http://www.ign.com/a...2e8faa72000000e

Now you all can stop worrying. We are getting the traditional Nintendo E3 event too. 

Edited by Zinix, 25 April 2013 - 08:18 AM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Blade of Dyna

Blade of Dyna

Spear Guy

• Banned
  • 84 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby and Zelda

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

the damage is already done i still lost all hope for a 3rd party partnership announcement from Nintendo

#3 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

We need better organization at this forum... Anyway, my body is ready for June 11! *marks calendar*

#4 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:24 AM

I'll just be happy if they don't suck as much as E3 2012.

794144.png?13383682

#5 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:31 AM

Too bad this won't ease the crybabies. For me, as long as they show the games (which I know they will), I don't care. Those big conferences spend the majority of the time talking about statistics. Let's face it, there hasn't been an amazing E3 since the gamecube/ps2/xbox era.

#6 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:36 AM

Oh good. I'm fine with the bunch of glorified NDs during E3 week, but I'm glad we're still getting the traditional E3 hype train. Been looking forward to this since last year's ended.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#7 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:44 AM

POPULAR

Don't worry guys, Reggie has our backs.

BIthL0NCIAAA85o.jpg

#8 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:07 AM

Bring on the gamez!

Edited by kokirii, 25 April 2013 - 09:07 AM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#9 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

Don't worry guys, Reggie has our backs.

BIthL0NCIAAA85o.jpg

Lol
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#10 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:30 AM

I was worried for a moment Nintendo was going to ragequit E3. 

Signature_DK.png

#11 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:40 AM

You know what? I'm perfectly fine with this. The Nintendo Directs have been better than their latest E3's (maybe except 2010, that one was awesome). 

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#12 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:02 AM

One conference for the media and one for partnerships. 

How is this bad again to the idiots complaining? 

#13 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:09 AM

One conference for the media and one for partnerships. 

How is this bad again to the idiots complaining? 

They don't know how to read. They see "Nintendo not holding a huge conference at E3" and automatically assume that Nintendo is doomed because they dropped out of E3. This is how dumb rumors get started.

Edited by Gaymer, 25 April 2013 - 11:09 AM.

#14 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

This makes sense.  Nintendo is looking to make use of E3 to promote the E3 to not only the media, but publishers and retailers alike. 

#15 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

so ninty is preparing to drop some of its secretism.

#16 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

the damage is already done i still lost all hope for a 3rd party partnership announcement from Nintendo

Didn't stop them from announcing FExSMT. Is that not a third-party partnership/collaboration?

Posted Image

#17 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

They're going to have a separate conference talking about sales, investing, and boring stuff which we're not going to see. We're getting the conference with game announcements after game announcements after game announcements. 

Edited by RogueStatus28, 25 April 2013 - 12:07 PM.

#18 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

so the partnerships one is to help them get more games? if so then more power to them and i hope it works out really well.

#19 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

Didn't stop them from announcing FExSMT. Is that not a third-party partnership/collaboration?

No, but apparently buying Sega just piss off some trolls on a forum is. 

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#20 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

Can someone fully clarify this to me, we're getting the traditional E3 press conference and they are going to do some sort of business conference in the morning. Or are they making all their announcements via Nintendo Direct internationally? See, if they do it by Nintendo Direct, its kind of pointless because people who aren't even fans of Nintendo will watch their E3 press conference, but Nintendo Directs are more geared for the core Nintendo fans.

So the part that is disappointed if it is by Nintendo Direct to me is that I prefer getting all hyped up for an E3 press conference, yes. Nintendo directs are nice but there is nothing better then getting so hyped for an E3 press conference and sitting down and watching it and seeing the huge stage and the roar of the crowds. 

Edited by Colinx, 25 April 2013 - 01:23 PM.

2lvmghw.png

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!