9 replies to this topic

#1 sloppyface1

sloppyface1

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

Hello,

I'm confused about multiplayer on the WiiU. I don't own a WiiU and I've read the WiiU doesn't use friend codes anymore. What about playing an original Wii games multiplayer on the WiiU? Specifically, I want to play Super Smash Bros. Brawl online, but would the friend code system still be used. And is it still horrendously laggy on the WiiU. I always found SSBB unplayable on the original Wii due to lag.Has the online play been enhanced at all when played on the WiiU?

Thanks for your help.

#2 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

When you switch over to Wii Mode on the Wii U, it's basically like owning an original Wii. Anything Wii U related (friend's list, etc) are disabled while in Wii mode. So you're still going to be using the friend codes. Online hasn't been enhanced, nothing changes. It's all the same exact stuff.

Edited by Gaymer, 28 April 2013 - 11:36 AM.

#3 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

Hello,

I'm confused about multiplayer on the WiiU. I don't own a WiiU and I've read the WiiU doesn't use friend codes anymore. What about playing an original Wii games multiplayer on the WiiU? Specifically, I want to play Super Smash Bros. Brawl online, but would the friend code system still be used. And is it still horrendously laggy on the WiiU. I always found SSBB unplayable on the original Wii due to lag.Has the online play been enhanced at all when played on the WiiU?

Thanks for your help.

You play the game in Wii mode which in itself uses Friend Codes. I think you'll find the lag to still be there as it's using the same crappy servers.

#4 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

That's a bit late for that since the Wii will be offline in June.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#5 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

Julio93, on 28 Apr 2013 - 3:48 PM, said:That's a bit late for that since the Wii will be offline in June.

No it won't. Only certain channels will be going offline, unless I missed something.

Posted Image

#6 sloppyface1

sloppyface1

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

Ok. Thanks a lot for the really fast and helpful replies. 

#7 Skeletor

Skeletor

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • NNID:OG-Diablo
  • Fandom:
    kirby,Zelda,Pokemon,Donkey Kong :D

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:24 AM

wow i didn't know that D:

Skeletor:"...fool, you are no longer my equal, I am more than man, more than life..I am GOD!"

Add me on WII U:OG-Diablo Twitter:@Explect  Yotutube.com/aawplays  Skype:Explect

Xbox: I OG Diablo I

kirby_signature2.png

#8 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

um, only a few channels are going offline, (like weather channel and mii contest) online servers are still available

When you play a Wii game on a Wii u, your Wii U Morphs into a Wii and entirely forgets its own existance of being a wii u. Because of this, it will be a wii, that is all, no fancy shananigans or nothing, it turns into a wii and thats that. so you have to use friend codes on wii games.

Edited by Chrop, 29 April 2013 - 12:36 PM.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#9 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:18 AM

super smash bros 4  on wii u and 3ds will require both of them to finish 100%  to get all unlockables,

Super Smash Bros. Wii U / 3DS is an upcoming Wii U and Nintendo 3DS video game in the Super Smash Bros. series. It is being developed by Namco Bandai Games, and directed by series creator Masahiro Sakurai. The game was announced at E3 2011 by Nintendo President Satoru Iwata. During the presentation he confirmed that both the Wii U and 3DS versions of the game will feature some sort of cross-platfrom connectivity.

http://nintendo.wiki...os._Wii_U_/_3DS

Edited by Smertrius, 02 May 2013 - 08:19 AM.

#10 LK9T9

LK9T9

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • NNID:Prof3ssorMGW
  • Fandom:
    Super Smash Bros.

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:17 AM

If you're up for some matches, let me know!

1187263_o.gif

Super Smash Bros. WiiU/3DS Page: http://www.facebook.com/SSBWIIU3DS

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SSBB, multiplayer, wii, wiiu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!