Photo

A Call To Arms: Nintendo Fans, This Is The Time!

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:08 PM

I mainly just buy Ubisoft's games and Call of Duty. Others depend on the game.

2lvmghw.png

#22 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:38 PM

I tend to only buy console exclusives. There has been the rare exception like bioshock (NOT the garbage heap parody of a once great ip thats bioshock infinite) or dragons dogma... Its kind of the whole point of owning consoles.

I also used to buy pc exclusives, but the vast majority of pc exclusive greatness has been run.into the ground, whored out, and turned into yearly installment multiplatform crap on consoles.

I was incredibly INCREDIBLY dissapointed with this gen. Had all three consoles, why? 99% of the games between two of the systems were exactly the same.

And that 99% by and larged sucked. No matter how much the bought media attempted to sell it up. It sucked.

No, if third parties want my momey, they better make something worth my money, that i cant get anywhere else, or it better be fricking amazing. And that goes for any system i own this gen.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#23 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:41 PM

I Might just stick to Exclusives for Nintendo. Maybe a few 3rd parties.

#24 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

I am not buying games I have no interest in, case closed.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#25 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

I tend to only buy console exclusives. There has been the rare exception like bioshock (NOT the garbage heap parody of a once great ip thats bioshock infinite) or dragons dogma... Its kind of the whole point of owning consoles.

I also used to buy pc exclusives, but the vast majority of pc exclusive greatness has been run.into the ground, whored out, and turned into yearly installment multiplatform crap on consoles.

I was incredibly INCREDIBLY dissapointed with this gen. Had all three consoles, why? 99% of the games between two of the systems were exactly the same.

And that 99% by and larged sucked. No matter how much the bought media attempted to sell it up. It sucked.

No, if third parties want my momey, they better make something worth my money, that i cant get anywhere else, or it better be fricking amazing. And that goes for any system i own this gen.

Watch Dogs look good, doesn't?

I am not buying games I have no interest in, case closed.

That's not the point. The point is if your interested in a third party game, and have a choice of platform, choose Wii U.

If you only have Wii U, or don't buy third party games ... Then that's cool. I'm not asking you to do what you don't do. Just that you choose Wii U.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#26 thunderspider

thunderspider

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

i know what the topic creator wanted to say. And i agree with this. The other consoles AWAYS will receive good third partie support. A nintendo console doesn't have the same treatment.

#27 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

i know what the topic creator wanted to say. And i agree with this. The other consoles AWAYS will receive good third partie support. A nintendo console doesn't have the same treatment.

And we should reward the ones that do. Like Ubisoft.

#28 Shogo

Shogo

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

I actually been doing that all my life (buying 3rd party games on Nintendo systems).  I only have owned Nintendo consoles and most of the games I have are 3rd party games.  A lot of the Nintendo games don't appeal to me  ( I don't care about Mario games and Kirby games and Pokemon and etc). I do have some first party Nintendo games.(I have Wave Race on the N64 and Gamecube, 1080,  Goldeneye was published by Nintendo,Perfect Dark, etc).   I like mature games that appeal to me.  The Wii was a big disappointment for me , because not many games on it appealed to me.  But I am tired of missing out on all the triple A games that don't get released on Nintendo consoles, so I already made my mind and will get a PS4, (it will be the first non Nintendo console I will get in my 20+ years of owning only Nintendo consoles.)  And I been saying this since I joined this forum  ( I said so on my introduction when I joined this forum), but each time I give my personal opinion on this site I get trolled and flamed and attacked by everyone because apparently I can't have my own opinion and I can't feel the way that I do.  I feel Nintendo is out of touch with the type of games that I like, that just the way that I feel, it is my opinion and I am entitled to one.  I hope Retro Studios is working on a Metroid game or at least a new IP of a mature game that appeals to me.

Posted Image

#29 ChrisTerror

ChrisTerror

Blooper

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • NNID:ChrisTerror

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

The reason i am hesitant to buy 3rd party for nintendo lately is the fact that a lot of nintendo 3rd parties aren't supporting their games for Wii U after launch, DLC's, updates, bug fixes, ect. Sure we MIGHT get some of that stuff at some point but it always seems like we are at the back of the bus waiting, if we even get it at all.

#30 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

I actually been doing that all my life (buying 3rd party games on Nintendo systems).  I only have owned Nintendo consoles and most of the games I have are 3rd party games.  A lot of the Nintendo games don't appeal to me  ( I don't care about Mario games and Kirby games and Pokemon and etc). I do have some first party Nintendo games.(I have Wave Race on the N64 and Gamecube, 1080,  Goldeneye was published by Nintendo,Perfect Dark, etc).   I like mature games that appeal to me.  The Wii was a big disappointment for me , because not many games on it appealed to me.  But I am tired of missing out on all the triple A games that don't get released on Nintendo consoles, so I already made my mind and will get a PS4, (it will be the first non Nintendo console I will get in my 20+ years of owning only Nintendo consoles.)  And I been saying this since I joined this forum  ( I said so on my introduction when I joined this forum), but each time I give my personal opinion on this site I get trolled and flamed and attacked by everyone because apparently I can't have my own opinion and I can't feel the way that I do.  I feel Nintendo is out of touch with the type of games that I like, that just the way that I feel, it is my opinion and I am entitled to one.  I hope Retro Studios is working on a Metroid game or at least a new IP of a mature game that appeals to me.

Well you're getting trolled because you joined a WII U Forum site which talks mostly about the WII U which is full of NINTENDO FANS yet you aren't getting a WII U... you see where am going with this right?

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#31 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:28 AM

I'm gonna be honest. Maybe if the 3rd party company's made good games like assassins creed and monster hunter like ubi and capcom did maybe they would see sales. The Wii u is amazing I am impressed with it. Message for 3rd party devs though stop making crap games and maybe they will sell. As for EA its probably gonna get bought out now since its in a massive downward spiral. A lot of investors including myself have pulled most of their stock and I really don't see them cleaning this one up. EA is literally a father company it basically funds smaller company's that wish to get their name out. If EA wasn't lazy there would be frostbite 3 engine for Wii u

Its not that frosbyte won't work its literally because Nintendo shutdown their origin on Wii u so this is their retaliation. They know Nintendo's digital download will be a success with the 2 years incentive.

#32 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:19 AM

That's not the point. The point is if your interested in a third party game, and have a choice of platform, choose Wii U.

If you only have Wii U, or don't buy third party games ... Then that's cool. I'm not asking you to do what you don't do. Just that you choose Wii U.

I'll buy whatever version I deem the better version. If the Wii U version is the better version (as in gets the various DLCs and has better graphics, etc) then fine. Otherwise, I'll go PS3 or PC.

As much as I'd like the Wii U to get more titles, I'm definitely not the target market for most third party games out there. I do not have to stay loyal to any particular system just so it can get third party games, that is nowhere near my problem. That is the COMPANY'S problem, not mine.

Queue the rage-hate.

Edited by GameCollector, 15 May 2013 - 09:00 AM.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#33 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:06 AM

I'll buy whatever version I deem the better version. If the Wii U version is the better version (as in gets the various DLCs and has better graphics, etc) then fine. Otherwise, I'll go PS3 or PC.

As much as I'd like the Wii U to get more titles, I'm definitely not the target market for most third party games out there. I do not have to stay loyal to any particular system just so it can get third games, that is nowhere near my problem. That is the COMPANY'S problem, not mine.

Queue the rage-hate.

As long as you do that, that is good too.

#34 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:22 AM

I use to do that, intentionally buy games at launch just to support the publisher in hopes that they would improve their support for Nintendo consoles.  I later realized that its dumb, and you should just buy the games that you really want based on the product released, and not because we are trying to change the perception of third party titles on Nintendo consoles.  It is what it is, and support will be dictated by the masses, and thats the way it is. 

#35 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:24 PM

(NOTE TO MODS: FEEL FREE TO MOVE THIS THREAD... NOT SURE WHERE IT SHOULD GO)

Nintendo fans, our favorite once family run card company needs our help. The Wii U will do fine with or without the help I am going to talk about. However, if we all do this one thing ... It will help Nintendo and us.

So many of us choose to by Nintendo games on Nintendo consoles, and third parties on another console or PC. What I ask is simple.

But the best third party games on the Wii U. Meaning Watch Dogs, buy it for Wii U. Meaning (it kills me to say it) Need For Speed for Wii U (it's the only EA game worth buying). Of Activision decides to make a game with all the same features as the others, buy for Wii U. Basically, when a company takes a risk, help out by buying it on Wii U than other console or PC.

I'm not saying, to be clear, buy every third party game. But if you are going to buy Watch Dogs. But it for Wii U instead of Xbox. Going to buy NFS: Most Wanted? Buy Wii U.

This will help developers to know what we want from them. What do you think, fellow Nintendo fans?

What do you mean Nintendo needs our help, we gave Nintendo £300 for a console that has no games out for it at the moment & will not have many of the ports that will be on the PS4 & X720 because it doesn't have the power, Nintendo should be apologizing to us if anything  :angry:

#36 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

What do you mean Nintendo needs our help, we gave Nintendo £300 for a console that has no games out for it at the moment & will not have many of the ports that will be on the PS4 & X720 because it doesn't have the power, Nintendo should be apologizing to us if anything :angry:

I don't know what you are talking about. The only developer who has said that recently (post Wii U launch) is EA, and that's proven to be for different reasons.

If you think Nintendo won't get ports, look at Watch Dogs. It's getting the PS4 version, which both verson have PC assets. So if ubisoft next Gen engine can run on Wii U, so can any other engine.

#37 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

I bought need for speed for ps3, the shame but I wanted the superior audio track for my home cinema system and the analogue triggers on the dualshock for better speed control. It was only about £12 too. The wii u version is close to 3x that.

I have bought;

Assassins Creed 3

Zombi U

Sonic Transformed

Tekken

Darksiders II

all for wii u (zombi u was pre-owned though)

I feel the wii u will sell itself once it gets a good selection of classic Nintendo games. Ultimately Nintendo will have a big push for christmas 2013 with no doubt a price reduction, bundled games and a lot more software available. It will be significantly cheaper than the ps4 and nextbox and I'm sure will be promoted as a family friendly and casual friendly console.

I don't want to seem cruel but if Nintendo has to fight for our love (money) competing hard against Microsoft and Sony that means as consumers we will get a better deal which ultimately as consumers is what we should want. 3 companies competing for our money is more competitive than just 2.

#38 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:35 PM

I bought need for speed for ps3, the shame but I wanted the superior audio track for my home cinema system and the analogue triggers on the dualshock for better speed control. It was only about £12 too. The wii u version is close to 3x that.

I have bought;

Assassins Creed 3
Zombi U
Sonic Transformed
Tekken
Darksiders II

all for wii u (zombi u was pre-owned though)

I feel the wii u will sell itself once it gets a good selection of classic Nintendo games. Ultimately Nintendo will have a big push for christmas 2013 with no doubt a price reduction, bundled games and a lot more software available. It will be significantly cheaper than the ps4 and nextbox and I'm sure will be promoted as a family friendly and casual friendly console.

I don't want to seem cruel but if Nintendo has to fight for our love (money) competing hard against Microsoft and Sony that means as consumers we will get a better deal which ultimately as consumers is what we should want. 3 companies competing for our money is more competitive than just 2.

How is Darksider 2? I keep forgetting about that game, but I don want to play it.

#39 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:48 PM

I will try and buy every third party game I possibly can but unfortunatly EA is a no-go for me, I hate them and I don't think I will ever like them full stop.

#40 Shogo

Shogo

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:43 AM

Well you're getting trolled because you joined a WII U Forum site which talks mostly about the WII U which is full of NINTENDO FANS yet you aren't getting a WII U... you see where am going with this right?

I already have a Wii U.  I bought it on launch.  But I am tired of missing out on the triple A games that get released on other consoles and not on Nintendo consoles.  On E3 2011 Nintendo showed Ken Levine of Bioshock praising the Wii U, 2 years later Bioshock Infinite gets released yet we don't get a Wii U version, why?  I missed Crysis 3 also because it wasn't released on a Nintendo console.  Metro Last Light was another game that appealed to me that I missed out because again, no Wii U version.  I'm not even sure if we going to get GTA5, another game that appeals to me.  So how many more games will I miss out.  That the reason I will get a PS4 (the first time I will own a non Nintendo console) to play the triple A games that I am tired of missing out on and will keep my Wii U for the ocassional good game that might come its way.  That Eternal Darkness successor game might be good and probably will be only on Wii U (other than PC), so that will be one of the games I will have my Wii U for.

Edited by Shogo, 16 May 2013 - 06:50 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!