Photo

My Wii U crashed in the weirdest way possible.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:13 PM

Okay I really want to get this on the forums because this is the weirdest way to experience a wii u just get slowly destroyed. Keep in mind I never dropped it not even once, and it was working very fine in the morning until i left yesterday.

When I got back home, I turned on my gamepad to see my Miiverse notifications, while doing that i noticed it lagging, like if I'm far away from the console, but this is where i normally play Then when i got out of Miiverse, its been very noticeable when I move around, but when I faced it to the console it worked fine, then I put in monster hunter and it kept doing that, I tried syncing it like if there is something wrong with the signal but i reconnected it and it kept doing that and it slowly faded quicker and quicker until my gamepad cannot recognize my Wii U anymore, so I got really frustrated and plugged in my Audio and Video cable to the TV because I didn't turn on my TV yet, and it didn't show anything, like if the plugs weren't connected it just says video on the top right, there is no blank screen its like the plugs were never plugged into my Wii U, i checked everythign and they are all plugged in, I turned on my gamepad and it said the Wii U cannot be detected 3 times and its so close to it, so I got really angry and turned the power button to turn off the Wii U....It couldn't turn off the console, so I unplugged it and sat on my bed with my hands on my forehead very angry and frustrated that this just happened to my wii U, thinking "Oooooooh mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy goooooooooood.........That did not just happen, it didn't happen....it did happen.", so I calmly put it back to the box where it came from.

Knowing that all the games I bought for the thing including my saved datas and games that I am going to miss out on, my account on Miiverse is tied to my console, data transferring my Wii's Virtual Console games permanently to my Wii U, and my Eshop games that can't be recovered, I am not in a happy mood at all with Nintendo after what happened, might aswell go back and upgrade my PC or get a Ps4, cause knowing Nintendo with this situation, they are not prepared for switching to another Wii U like everyone else keeps pointing out. Sony & Microsoft planned ahead 7 years ago yet Nintendo can't keep up with the time and that irritates the hell out of me, its not the 90's, get familiar with online like your other 2 competitors that are dominating.

I have no clue on what in the world even happened. Have you ever heard a system just crash like that? My Wii never did that, only a screwed up lens from so many falls and that's it, its like Nintendo installed a ticking death timer like the Red ring of Death or the Yellow light of Death. I emailed Nintendo's services yesterday and I am looking for an answer, cause how in the world do you recover a Wii U after that experience. I don't even want to plug in my Wii U after what happened.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#2 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:18 PM

That sucks. Definately call the nintendo service hotline, your machine is still under their warranty.

Id also try it one more time after leaving it unplugged for a bit.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#3 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

If you send it in to Nintendo even after a warranty expires, they will keep all data intact. Even if they have to replace the system, they will transfer all of your data. Here is the Wii U page for troubleshooting on Nintendo's website, where you can set up a repair. Nintendo's customer service and repairs are amazing, so you should be all set.

http://www.nintendo....bleshooting.jsp

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 03 June 2013 - 12:21 PM.

• Doc likes this

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#4 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:38 PM

That is awful, but don't worry about all your data. When my console came back from a bricking, all my data was still there from before it broke.

794144.png?13383682

#5 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

I had to send my Wii U to Nintendo twice first get Wii mode fix then to get my HDMI cable slot fix, even after all that my data were still intact.

#6 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

Is it just me that thinks the Wiiu goes wrong more than the older Wii ? The good thing already mentioned above is the service seems to be very good.

Good luck with the 'quick' repair.

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#7 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

Is it just me that thinks the Wiiu goes wrong more than the older Wii ? The good thing already mentioned above is the service seems to be very good.

Good luck with the 'quick' repair.

Systems nowadays are a lot less durable then they used to be, because there is more that can break internally; I've seen Atari's that still work like it was brand new, yet my cousin's 360 Red Ringed right out of the box.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue

#8 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

I had my Wii U crash on me once where I couldn't turn it off, but unplugging and plugging it back in again fixed it and it has worked flawlessly after that. Sorry to hear that your Wii U died, but it is problably still under warrenty so Nintendo will fix it.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#9 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

If you send it in to Nintendo even after a warranty expires, they will keep all data intact. Even if they have to replace the system, they will transfer all of your data. Here is the Wii U page for troubleshooting on Nintendo's website, where you can set up a repair. Nintendo's customer service and repairs are amazing, so you should be all set.

http://www.nintendo....bleshooting.jsp

Nintendo may very well take care of their customers, but so far their tech support sucks, and their support over the phone. As a customer service representative over the phone, I have the highest expectations for ppl I talk to. Multiple times, I have been talked down to like I know nothing, offended by the rep and felt they generally don't care about my issues.

So I disagree with that statement that they have good customer service

Okay I really want to get this on the forums because this is the weirdest way to experience a wii u just get slowly destroyed. Keep in mind I never dropped it not even once, and it was working very fine in the morning until i left yesterday.

When I got back home, I turned on my gamepad to see my Miiverse notifications, while doing that i noticed it lagging, like if I'm far away from the console, but this is where i normally play Then when i got out of Miiverse, its been very noticeable when I move around, but when I faced it to the console it worked fine, then I put in monster hunter and it kept doing that, I tried syncing it like if there is something wrong with the signal but i reconnected it and it kept doing that and it slowly faded quicker and quicker until my gamepad cannot recognize my Wii U anymore, so I got really frustrated and plugged in my Audio and Video cable to the TV because I didn't turn on my TV yet, and it didn't show anything, like if the plugs weren't connected it just says video on the top right, there is no blank screen its like the plugs were never plugged into my Wii U, i checked everythign and they are all plugged in, I turned on my gamepad and it said the Wii U cannot be detected 3 times and its so close to it, so I got really angry and turned the power button to turn off the Wii U....It couldn't turn off the console, so I unplugged it and sat on my bed with my hands on my forehead very angry and frustrated that this just happened to my wii U, thinking "Oooooooh mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy goooooooooood.........That did not just happen, it didn't happen....it did happen.", so I calmly put it back to the box where it came from.
Knowing that all the games I bought for the thing including my saved datas and games that I am going to miss out on, my account on Miiverse is tied to my console, data transferring my Wii's Virtual Console games permanently to my Wii U, and my Eshop games that can't be recovered, I am not in a happy mood at all with Nintendo after what happened, might aswell go back and upgrade my PC or get a Ps4, cause knowing Nintendo with this situation, they are not prepared for switching to another Wii U like everyone else keeps pointing out. Sony & Microsoft planned ahead 7 years ago yet Nintendo can't keep up with the time and that irritates the hell out of me, its not the 90's, get familiar with online like your other 2 competitors that are dominating.

I have no clue on what in the world even happened. Have you ever heard a system just crash like that? My Wii never did that, only a screwed up lens from so many falls and that's it, its like Nintendo installed a ticking death timer like the Red ring of Death or the Yellow light of Death. I emailed Nintendo's services yesterday and I am looking for an answer, cause how in the world do you recover a Wii U after that experience. I don't even want to plug in my Wii U after what happened.

And to you, I am truly sorry. Hopefully you have a better time then I did. Call them up, and if you don't mind, post your experience.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#10 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:34 PM

Nintendo may very well take care of their customers, but so far their tech support sucks, and their support over the phone. As a customer service representative over the phone, I have the highest expectations for ppl I talk to. Multiple times, I have been talked down to like I know nothing, offended by the rep and felt they generally don't care about my issues.

So I disagree with that statement that they have good customer service

I've only needed to go by phone once, and he didn't seem rude or act like I didn't know what I was doing, so it may have been different people. I usually use the troubleshooting on their website anyway.

KtOSpy7.jpg

#11 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:56 PM

I used Nintendo's troubleshooting once when I had Wii U software problems. They responded back within about 12 hours and although they weren't the ones to find the solution, I myself did, if I remember right they offered good advice.

Edited by Amnesia, 03 June 2013 - 10:56 PM.

#12 BKSmash

BKSmash

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Greatest Of The Greatest

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:18 PM

That sucks bro! :( My Wii U have crushed a few times too, so I had to unplug it. Why Nintendo, why do you do this?

#13 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:40 AM

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, awwwwww, I'm so sorry Julio, does this mean you won't be online anymore? :(

#14 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:44 AM

I have had weird crashes, and gamepad connectivity issues (it doesn't turn off with the console sometimes). Nothing like described. However, the crashes were normal console/PC solid noise crashes or the system became non-responsive. I would pull the plug, and all would be well. 

Nintendo's service line, when called, is always very helpful, and super polite. I have never had a bad experience on the phone with them. 

I hope you get it worked out. Nothing is worse than when your baby goes on the fritz. 

#15 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:55 AM

I've only needed to go by phone once, and he didn't seem rude or act like I didn't know what I was doing, so it may have been different people. I usually use the troubleshooting on their website anyway.

I've used their support four times. First time during Wii for a game disc that was broken. Other times for my Wii U. 3/4 they weren't very good at all.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#16 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:22 AM

well you never said you plugged it back in and tried again, try that, if its still broke, then go through with getting a new one with data transfered over. 

i never needed support yet. i do know most software issues are from latency screwing up bad enough that the consul down right does something wrong and doesnt fit, but that should be rare.

#17 elvisbeck

elvisbeck

Blooper

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • NNID:elvisdavebeck
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:10 AM

Well that stinks! Did you try updating it before you unplugged it?
Hi, I'm Dave. If you wish to add me to your Wii U Friend List, my NNID is elvisdavebeck. Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.YouTube.com/user/elvisbeck., where I play Nintendo games and more.

#18 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:21 AM

Guys, Julio recently updated

Okay, this has got to be the biggest 'WTF' moment I have ever experienced, I plugged my Wii U on to call Nintendo services by phone, all of a sudden its back to normal, I am litterally amazed on what just happened, after that weird day it became normal. WHAT. THE HELL. IS GOING ON.

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#19 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:22 PM

Mines always crashing when I'm watching adult movies

Edited by Zonark, 04 June 2013 - 02:23 PM.

#20 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:39 PM

Mines always crashing when I'm watching adult movies

Your gamepad may be shorting out.

Guys, Julio recently updated

Where do you get that from? I don't see any response from him anywhere.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!