Photo

Nintendo denies Wii U basic recall rumor

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

http://mynintendonew...-u-basic-model/

They should definently do just premium, but one black and one white

Don't know about dropping the price from $349.99 to $299.99 don't think that's a smart move for them considering there's no games, when the games come out, then the console will sell

Edited by Ultra, 05 June 2013 - 01:45 PM.

I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#2 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

Cool.

Or at least, I think it's a good thing. Might mean price drop.

#3 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:56 PM

You know...instead of going through all the trouble of recalling the basic sets, they should just drop their prices on them to clear out stock which would also increasing their install base. 

pNgecl.gif

#4 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:58 PM

If they drop the basic set and keep the price of the premium set the same, I'm definitely not buying a Wii U.

I'm all for this if they price the premium as the basic, though.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#5 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

You know...instead of going through all the trouble of recalling the basic sets, they should just drop their prices on them to clear out stock which would also increasing their install base. 

Now, it would hurt Nintendo a bit, (I'm pretty sure they're selling the Wii U at a slight loss), but I could actually see some stores doing this to make some extra money.

#6 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

http://mynintendonew...-u-basic-model/

They should definently do just premium, but one black and one white

Don't know about dropping the price from $349.99 to $299.99 don't think that's a smart move for them considering there's no games, when the games come out, then the console will sell

I think making the deluxe the new basic, colour choice, then adding a larger option to be the new deluxe would be the best option.

But that's just me.

I agree. But so they mean units not sold being recalled too? Either option, whether it's just units unsold or units sold or not, would be costly.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#7 Shogo

Shogo

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:02 PM

Just shows how poorly Nintendo thought about the Wii U.  People were more willing to pay a bit more and buy the Deluxe model.  I personally would have preferred to pay and extra $50 to get a more powerful console, at least 3rd party developers would be more willing to port their games to the Wii U.  But excuses can be made for everything wrong that they do, because they can't do anything wrong and the "shining Nintendo knights"  will be out in force flaming me for stating my own personal opinion.

Posted Image

#8 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:34 PM

If I don't get an ambassador program I'm going to feel cheated. I don't mean to be demanding but I shouldn't have to be ripped off like that as a consumer.

Just shows how poorly Nintendo thought about the Wii U.  People were more willing to pay a bit more and buy the Deluxe model.  I personally would have preferred to pay and extra $50 to get a more powerful console, at least 3rd party developers would be more willing to port their games to the Wii U.  But excuses can be made for everything wrong that they do, because they can't do anything wrong and the "shining Nintendo knights"  will be out in force flaming me for stating my own personal opinion.

Ok. The price may have been to rushed. Although this would help sells it would have still been fine without it. So please stop that gloom and doom crap. If anything M$ should rethink their strategy.

If they drop the basic set and keep the price of the premium set the same, I'm definitely not buying a Wii U.

I'm all for this if they price the premium as the basic, though.

Then buy a basic.

Signature_DK.png

#9 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:54 PM

Good, they can counter the next consoles like they did with the 3DS did when the garbage Vita was released.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#10 TheDoritoKing

TheDoritoKing

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • NNID:Sir-Homsar

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:59 PM

What do you expect on a fourm of dedicated Nintendo fans? Have fun with your Airstrip One though!

#11 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

They might as well make the 32GB unit the standard and offer a newer model with 64GB. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#12 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:16 PM

What do you expect on a fourm of dedicated Nintendo fans? Have fun with your Airstrip One though!

IMO he came here only to incite rage and to get reactions.

Signature_DK.png

#13 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

This could be why Nintendo released a White Premium set in Japan, makes sence, it was an easy choice for me when I was thinking about getting my Wii U, Premium all the way, basic never even entered my head.

#14 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:28 PM

To be fair to Nintendo RE: pricing- in general components and such have probably dropped considerably since the launch, especially memory.  Plus now that MSFT and Sony have played their hands, maybe the basic model just doesn't make much sense.

#15 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:52 PM

To be fair to Nintendo RE: pricing- in general components and such have probably dropped considerably since the launch, especially memory.  Plus now that MSFT and Sony have played their hands, maybe the basic model just doesn't make much sense.

Not to mention, 8GB storage space is pretty small for a next-generation console. The OS and its updates probably take 6-7 GB.

#16 Shogo

Shogo

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

IMO he came here only to incite rage and to get reactions.

Actually if you would have bothered to read any of the things I have said before since I joined this forum.  I been playing Nintendo games for years (probably longer than you 2 combined).  I have only owned Nintendo consoles all my life.  For the first time in my life I am getting a PS4, because I am tired of missing out on all the triple A games that get released on other consoles and not on Nintendo consoles.  Since the Wii U launched I already missed: Bioshock Infinite (Nintendo even showed Ken Levine of Bioschock at E3 2011 praising the Wii U, yet 2 years later Bioshock Infinite gets released and the Wii U doesn't get it.), Metro Last Light, Crysis 3, and probably we wont get GTA5 either. All those games appeal to me. That list will keep growing and growing. (And excuses can be made and made but it doesn't change the facts).

Most people that bought the Deluxe Model wasn't exactly for the 32GB hard drive, 32GB is nothing nowadays (like 2-3 average sized games, one next gen game probably will be that size).  So people that bought the Deluxe model for the 32GB are just postponing the inevitable of having to purchase and external hard drive later.  Of all the reasons to purchase the Deluxe model the little extra space is the least important.

Nintendo should have just released the basic model at the price of the current Deluxe model, and Nintendo instead of wasting that money on an internal hard drive for the system they should have made the console more powerful.  We wouldn't have all that "the Wii U is underpowered doom and gloom" talk to begin with.  And 3rd party developers would be more willing to make games for the system.  Now not only we also not getting FIFA games but also the PES games from Konami.

Edited by Shogo, 04 June 2013 - 07:11 PM.

Posted Image

#17 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:13 PM

The only bad thing about Nintendo and releasing new models relates to the content being console tethered. If it were tied to your ID, it would be pretty cool.

Anyway, they really need to look into educating the customer or at least including an external HDD with the unit in some capacity. I have one terabyte, but it took some will on my part to get it. I should of found a licensed product around the pro controllers, or at least something advertising it.

Just my .02.

#18 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:45 PM

Actually if you would have bothered to read any of the things I have said before since I joined this forum.  I been playing Nintendo games for years (probably longer than you 2 combined).  I have only owned Nintendo consoles all my life.  For the first time in my life I am getting a PS4, because I am tired of missing out on all the triple A games that get released on other consoles and not on Nintendo consoles.  Since the Wii U launched I already missed: Bioshock Infinite (Nintendo even showed Ken Levine of Bioschock at E3 2011 praising the Wii U, yet 2 years later Bioshock Infinite gets released and the Wii U doesn't get it.), Metro Last Light, Crysis 3, and probably we wont get GTA5 either. All those games appeal to me. That list will keep growing and growing. (And excuses can be made and made but it doesn't change the facts).

Most people that bought the Deluxe Model wasn't exactly for the 32GB hard drive, 32GB is nothing nowadays (like 2-3 average sized games, one next gen game probably will be that size).  So people that bought the Deluxe model for the 32GB are just postponing the inevitable of having to purchase and external hard drive later.  Of all the reasons to purchase the Deluxe model the little extra space is the least important.

Nintendo should have just released the basic model at the price of the current Deluxe model, and Nintendo instead of wasting that money on an internal hard drive for the system they should have made the console more powerful.  We wouldn't have all that "the Wii U is underpowered doom and gloom" talk to begin with.  And 3rd party developers would be more willing to make games for the system.  Now not only we also not getting FIFA games but also the PES games from Konami.

The gloom and doom crap is nothing but a bandwagon. If power and graphics mattered the 3DS would have been destroyed by now. As for the third party stuff I could argue install bases all night long but I would be spinning my wheels. Your points remain invalid.

Signature_DK.png

#19 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:00 PM

If I don't get an ambassador program I'm going to feel cheated. I don't mean to be demanding but I shouldn't have to be ripped off like that as a consumer.

No one forced you to buy a Wii U

You made a conscious decision with your own free will to purchase their console

Why should they reward you for your choice?

Now if Iwata came and kidnapped you, beat you with an iron crowbar then bound and gagged you and stuffed you into the truck of his Toyota Prius (yeah he'd make you fit in that tiny trunk) then drove you to gamestop and held a gun to your head and said to buy a wii u or he'd splatter your brains all over the sleep deprived pimple faced store clerk.... Then you might have a reasonable claim at demanding an ambassador program :P

#20 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:17 AM

Ok...ok.....Lets just clear things up a bit

1. Bioshock Infinite couldn't come to WiiU cause the devs were to far into development to be able to port the game, but they would have a very good chance of doing so if they had more time (this was also before they delayed it, again)

2. Metro Last light may have suffered some performance issues but that would have likely been because of the developers being unused to the new archetecture (which was also a problem with the PS3 at launch) along with the fact that they were likely understaffed due to the cripling financial problems they were facing. Yes it's sad it didn't appear but there were plenty of good reasons for it not to appear.

3.Crysis 3, oh no, NO CYRSIS 3. That was EA's fault, it was practically ready to ship yet EA decided to cancel the project.

4. Sure 8GB isn't much but seriously,thats really all you need for the essentials. Hard drives do add quite a resonable amount to the development cost, nintendo IMO did the right thing to include small storage space in order to reduce cost.

5. It dissapoints me people only want to remember what they want to remember. Lets look back at the previous console launch

Xbox 360 Launching with a 20% failure rate (1 in 5), Sure Nintendo had issues but never this bad.

PS3, over priced, hard to develop for, small game libarary for well over a year.

Now all people do is fight over which is better and leave poor old nintendo behind, the moral of all this, things will improve with time. If you just assume that Nintendo has to do everything perfect than your perception of things will never change.

Third party developers will come just many are choosing to stay away since the player base is fairly small, a problem that will be fixed in time. No one forced you to buy a WiiU, if you want to buy a PS4 or Xbone than be my guest. If you don't like the WiiU, sell it, throw it in the garbage, water it down with a hose i don't care. Just don't be like many other gamers who are to immediate to call this system is carp, you're voice does not speak for 100 million+ active gamers round the world.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!