ManchesterBlack

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • NNID:ManchesterBlack
  • Fandom:
    All of Nintendo's series

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

Alright so I just read an article that stated Nintendo is thinking of implementing a reward system not unlike the Achievement system on Xbox or the trophy system on PS3 and was wondering if anyone else heard this rumour? The article stated that they will reveal this at E3 in a few weeks.

Also IF Nintendo actually does this would you hunt for them?

I would intensely hunt for them hoping to stay in the top 100 worldwide

#2 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

Alright so I just read an article that stated Nintendo is thinking of implementing a reward system not unlike the Achievement system on Xbox or the trophy system on PS3 and was wondering if anyone else heard this rumour? The article stated that they will reveal this at E3 in a few weeks.

I loved trophies and achievements. Although purely aesthetic it gave me a reason to go that extra mile and added that feeling of accomplishment.

Signature_DK.png

#3 ManchesterBlack

ManchesterBlack

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • NNID:ManchesterBlack
  • Fandom:
    All of Nintendo's series

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:42 PM

I loved trophies and achievements. Although purely aesthetic it gave me a reason to go that extra mile and added that feeling of accomplishment.

Yeah, I never would've beaten God Of War 3 on hard difficulty if not for trophy hunting.

Beating Zeus on Hard is still one of my proudest gaming moments

#4 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:45 PM

i can see all of the smash bros challenges now...... god..... thats going to take me forever to get, i suck at smash bros xD

wa3Nq7j.png

#5 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

Well, that is kind of neat, but I hope its not too extremely challenging, especially online challenges, cause its impossible for others cause or RAGE QUITTERS!

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#6 Xef

Xef

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:53 PM

I don't mind online challenges/Trophies/Achievements as long as they have an offline equivalent.

Would be cool if they actually did something, like one game gave you an average 75 points or something, and 100 points could be converted to 1$ or something to use in the E-shop. Also for points collectors they could have like if you used had 500 points and used 300 for 3$; you would have two scores. One for collecting that would still be 500 and one that could be used to convert to money that would now be 200.

Doesn't have to be money either, could be like the coins on the 3DS where you can use them for stuff in certain games.

#7 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:35 AM

I don't mind online challenges/Trophies/Achievements as long as they have an offline equivalent.

Would be cool if they actually did something, like one game gave you an average 75 points or something, and 100 points could be converted to 1$ or something to use in the E-shop. Also for points collectors they could have like if you used had 500 points and used 300 for 3$; you would have two scores. One for collecting that would still be 500 and one that could be used to convert to money that would now be 200.

Doesn't have to be money either, could be like the coins on the 3DS where you can use them for stuff in certain games.

That would be a great idea. People would stock up on their games and even though people would get free points games would sell like mad.

No one can become that great of a completionist then this guy. Try as you might.

blog_thumbnail_2695816.JPG

Signature_DK.png

#8 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:00 AM

I honestly don't care about trophies/achievements at all. Most of them solely exist to make you do trivial things to squeeze a few extra hours out of the game.

#9 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:27 AM

I honestly don't care about trophies/achievements at all. Most of them solely exist to make you do trivial things to squeeze a few extra hours out of the game.

And that's why I love them. It encourages me to try even harder.

Signature_DK.png

#10 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:02 AM

And that's why I love them. It encourages me to try even harder.

I lose interest after a while. I'll only bother to 100% it if it actually offers something besides the sole satisfaction of saying "hey, I did everything."

#11 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:02 AM

i can see all of the smash bros challenges now...... god..... thats going to take me forever to get, i suck at smash bros xD

They had something like that in Brawl, where if you did certain things (ranging from beat Classic mode to beat Boss Battles on Intense), you would get stages, music, trophies, stickers, etc.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:06 AM

Doubt it.

I hope they do though, so people stop Daisying about WAH WAH NINTENDO NO HAS CHIEVES WAHHHH

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:54 AM

They had something like that in Brawl, where if you did certain things (ranging from beat Classic mode to beat Boss Battles on Intense), you would get stages, music, trophies, stickers, etc.

i know, and i only got like 1/4 of them because I suck lol

wa3Nq7j.png

#14 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:06 AM

I hope so. But what happens with my existing games like Nintendo Land or Lego City? will they get an update to support Wii U rewards?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#15 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:07 AM

I hope so. But what happens with my existing games like Nintendo Land or Lego City? will they get an update to support Wii U rewards?

I hope so.

#16 Phanto

Phanto

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Phanto

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:58 AM

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. The trophy/achievement system is a terrible system. I'd refuse to participate. I play games because I like them, I don't need to stomp on 10,000 Goombas to get a little icon that says I stomped on 10,000 Goombas.

Edited by Phanto, 06 June 2013 - 09:58 AM.

#17 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:15 AM

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. The trophy/achievement system is a terrible system. I'd refuse to participate. I play games because I like them, I don't need to stomp on 10,000 Goombas to get a little icon that says I stomped on 10,000 Goombas.

But would you stomp on 10,000 Goombas for a golden goomba to put in your WiiTown house? I know I would.

Edited by grahamf, 06 June 2013 - 10:16 AM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#18 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:48 AM

But that's the thing. If you don't want to do it, then don't. If they did have an achievement system of sorts, I wouldn't go after ones I don't feel like doing. If I'm bored with the game, then I'll stop playing. If a certain goal looks fun, I'll do it. It's completely up to you if you want to do it or not. So I personally think it would be a good idea for them to do it. Add a little replay value to some games. Whatever. They're optional.

But would you stomp on 10,000 Goombas for a golden goomba to put in your WiiTown house? I know I would.

WiiTown? Lawl

#19 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:11 AM

I've been enjoying games more without achivments to be honest, I'm a completionist you see and there is always that one you can't seem to get, I dunno maybe I'm just lazy.......

#20 wombateer

wombateer

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • NNID:wombateer
  • Fandom:
    Splinter Cell.

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:19 AM

Do you have a link to the article?

Edited by wombateer, 06 June 2013 - 11:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!