• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:37 AM

I think they just realised the mistake they have done.

35nksf.jpg

heh, ea does remind me of g.o.b

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#22 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:40 AM

35nksf.jpg

lol yea. I wonder if that change of position has something to do with the fact they made they changed CEO.

Posted Image

#23 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:19 AM

I think pjsprojects nailed it. EA have seen the reaction to the xboner and are thinking what do we do if the xboner fails miserably. They need a backup plan. Wii u is cheap to make and will be relaunched for christmas with many great titles. I think this time Nintendo will have the marketing and price right plus crucially must have software.  EA clearly has had a rethink about how the future might pan out and the wii u is likely to make some sort of recovery in market share. In such an event EA will clearly be back making wii u titles. The reality is though that EA have already shown their colours and have tried to do massive damage to Nintendo's launch of the wii u. I think it was Criterion's professional attitude to developing rather than EA pushing them to do a good port of Need for Speed. I think we all know EA are against Nintendo and it will be quite satisfying to see them forced into developing for the wii u again although I suspect most wii u titles they produce in the future won't be that good going by their wii record.

#24 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:42 AM

what if....EA donates all their money to homeless animal shelters and they want to make money to save all the puppies and kitties :)

All the puppies and kitties would say I'd rather die EA!!!

lol
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#25 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:46 AM

What EA said after talking down on the Wii U and supporting the Xbox One.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#26 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:47 AM

I think pjsprojects nailed it. EA have seen the reaction to the xboner and are thinking what do we do if the xboner fails miserably. They need a backup plan. Wii u is cheap to make and will be relaunched for christmas with many great titles. I think this time Nintendo will have the marketing and price right plus crucially must have software.  EA clearly has had a rethink about how the future might pan out and the wii u is likely to make some sort of recovery in market share. In such an event EA will clearly be back making wii u titles. The reality is though that EA have already shown their colours and have tried to do massive damage to Nintendo's launch of the wii u. I think it was Criterion's professional attitude to developing rather than EA pushing them to do a good port of Need for Speed. I think we all know EA are against Nintendo and it will be quite satisfying to see them forced into developing for the wii u again although I suspect most wii u titles they produce in the future won't be that good going by their wii record.

I will never understand the overall attitude toward Wii U from them. If it is over Origin, and Nintendo balked on a deal that was almost complete, then they have something. If it was something EA blindsided Nintendo with, then, well, you know...

Anyway, if a game can be, more less, created and placed on all three system with different graphical quality, then I do not see why EA would not want to have all 3 systems selling as quickly as possible. I mean, if the PS4 and XBone have DRM, I can see their extended support. However, I can also see easy ports with similar architectures, added gamepad features, and lots of sales (after the transition). 

The initial Wii U games are not indicative of how the games will sell on the system-for obvious reasons. Crysis 3 would have been the best test for a recent game. 

Edited by Nintyfan86, 09 June 2013 - 10:48 AM.

#27 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:55 AM

Why in the world would EA rather support a console that enforces BS restrictions that will scare all the customers off than a system thats getting kickass titles and is very user friendly? Then that moment arrives when you realize EA supports industry Genocide and totalitarianism. 

Edited by Rose Red, 09 June 2013 - 10:56 AM.

Signature_DK.png

#28 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:42 AM

Why in the world would EA rather support a console that enforces BS restrictions that will scare all the customers off than a system thats getting kickass titles and is very user friendly? Then that moment arrives when you realize EA supports industry Genocide and totalitarianism.

They are probably going with whoever fits their business model closely enough. That means big budget initial efforts, then sequels, user restrictions, and DRM.

Nintendo is outside of this box, as they use hardware as a means to sell software. Sony and MS want to use hardware as a means to a different end-a media hub where they control everything (they want to distribute their other stuff to you).

So, they don't care if EA owns gaming per say, that really is not their main concern. Nintendo only has the one egg.

So your right, EA is seeing that this will not work.

#29 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:02 PM

It`s not that you can`t understand EA, you can`t even explain it to someone.

#30 itsdavebaby

itsdavebaby

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Futurama

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:49 PM

If EA is smart they will try and revive their "NBA Live" franchise that was destroyed by 2k Sports. Heck it would be the only basketball video game on the Wii U. It should give them  good sales.

#31 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:42 PM

ea was going with Nintendo.

But then, the internetz got stupid, lazy devs didn't want to learn the new architecture, and ea thought ms was the way to go with how strong the 360 has been. So they Aligned heavily with ms.

Then, the world rebelled against ms' draconian schemes and ea pooped in their pants, seeing this dream of massive sales with ms and drm earning them even more money "ignite" (sorry) when the entire internetz started talking about x1 as a joke.

Damage control and hoping to fix a non-seaworthy ship before the tide comes in.

Its pretty freaking hilarious and embarrassing for EA.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 09 June 2013 - 10:42 PM.

#32 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:56 PM

Im going to dance on your grave Ea.

Grave dancing DLC will be $5.50

35nksf.jpg

They didn't make a mistake, THEY WERE THE MISTAKE.

Edited by AndyG, 09 June 2013 - 10:57 PM.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#33 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:22 PM

EA is the best game dev evaaaaarrrr!!!!

-Says themselves.

Signature_DK.png

#34 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:48 PM

EA just do my head in, maybe one day they will sort themselves out, I just ignore them for now though.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!