Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:11 AM

http://gimmegimmegam...-ram-for-games/

It also uses 10% GPU power, and 2 whole CPU cores for the OS

Meanwhile the PS4's OS only takes up 1GB (like the Wii U)  it is unknown what the CPU usage and GPU usage on the OS is 

However there are no conformations on how much CPU and GPU power is dedicated to the Wii U's OS. By its speed I should suspect only 1 core and less than 5% GPU power.

Edited by Penguin101, 10 June 2013 - 01:14 AM.

#2 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:26 AM

It's so the Xbone can play 20 TV shows at once.

Signature_DK.png

#3 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:38 AM

The OS' also take up "quite a bit" of the 500 GB hard drive.

#4 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:54 AM

http://gimmegimmegam...-ram-for-games/

It also uses 10% GPU power, and 2 whole CPU cores for the OS

Meanwhile the PS4's OS only takes up 1GB (like the Wii U)  it is unknown what the CPU usage and GPU usage on the OS is 

However there are no conformations on how much CPU and GPU power is dedicated to the Wii U's OS. By its speed I should suspect only 1 core and less than 5% GPU power.

the wii u os doesnt take up remotely close to an entire espresso core. If it did, the switch between game and os would be way, way faster from the get go.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#5 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:15 AM

the wii u os doesnt take up remotely close to an entire espresso core. If it did, the switch between game and os would be way, way faster from the get go.

Sweeeet

#6 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:01 AM

Doesn't Kinect 2 require 2GB of RAM? That would explain why the OS takes up more than 1 GB.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#7 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:06 AM

Doesn't Kinect 2 require 2GB of RAM? That would explain why the OS takes up more than 1 GB.

Apparently its so everything works smoothly, like when you can snap your game and a skype call together

#8 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:16 AM

wii U is by far much superior than xbox one in dedicated game power. The myths falling one by one..  Also ps3 was WOW 2 TFLOPS and xbox 360 was much less.. but we know how it ended up... That means all 3 systems will be equal.

xbox one also needs 1 cpu core for the sound and extra cpu power and gpu power for the Kinekt.

Edited by Plutonas, 10 June 2013 - 03:17 AM.

#9 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:16 AM

wii U is by far much superior than xbox one in dedicated game power. The myths falling one by one..  Also ps3 was WOW 2 TFLOPS and xbox 360 was much less.. but we know how it ended up... That means all 3 systems will be equal.

xbox one also needs 1 cpu core for the sound and extra cpu power and gpu power for the Kinekt.

The way I see it, when everything balances out the XBO is roughly 2x more powerful, whereas PS4 is roughly 3.6 - 4x (when everything is evened out). But gain compared to the Wii to 360 comparison it's peanuts in difference

Edited by Penguin101, 10 June 2013 - 05:19 AM.

#10 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:30 PM

Ouchies, that's over a 3rd of RAM power just for the OS, PS4's OS only uses 1GB...........

#11 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

And doesn't the Xbox also run other applications? those will take away from gaming memory also, iirc.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#12 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:06 PM

3A7Hb4H.jpg

#13 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:37 AM

I don't know if anyone remembers but I made a thread months ago predicting just this.

I basically said the new Xbox would be a huge fail and since Kinect and Windows are hampering it RAM would almost be cut in half, used games would not be playable and Microsoft's greedy policies would push gamers toward Wii U and PS4.

The last couple of weeks Wii U's have been selling really well in UK and PS4 is the choice most real gamers will make over Xbone.

#14 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:55 AM

The last couple of weeks Wii U's have been selling really well in UK.

Great news,how do you know this?

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#15 CrimsonDivine

CrimsonDivine

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Fandom:
    Tera

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:00 AM

Xboner.

kisame.png

#16 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:55 AM

Great news,how do you know this?

There are news stories that after Xbox 1 reveal the Wii U on Amazon.uk shot up in sales 875%.

http://haverzine.com...e-announcement/

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#17 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:51 AM

I thought that was a very short sales bump as sales now are ment to be very poor again. The Wiiu needs games now,not in 2014.

On topic the 5gb of free games ram does not seem to help make the Xbone have better looking games than the Wiiu, i guess it's just a case of it storing more in ram at a time than the Wiiu can do.

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!