Photo

I think Nintendo did a pretty great job at E3 but...

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 ThePopiPenguin

ThePopiPenguin

Little Blue Penguin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • NNID:PowpiPenguin
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and Valve

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:07 PM

Yeah. With the announcements of X, Smash Bros and Mario 3D, Nintendo has done an okay job at E3 albeit safely played. The one thing Nintendo needs now is advertisement. I've personally sold the Wii U to 10 people but before that they knew little to nothing about the U. I think Nintendo should really invest in that department so as to increase the Wii U's sales. For example, the PS4 is so heavily marketed that a simple 1 minute video about used games got 5 million views on their channel compared to the Nintendo's E3 game reveals in which the highest viewers in a video were 100k.

NintNetwork: PowpiPenguin | Steam: PopiPenguin| LoL Philippines: PCD.Fencing.Cat |Guild Wars 2: Argath Stormseeker

"And on the first day, GabeN, our lord and saviour said: There shall be games!"

#2 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:08 PM

I agree completely. ^_^
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#3 ThePopiPenguin

ThePopiPenguin

Little Blue Penguin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and Valve

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

The PS gets unnecessary hype from simple features that were retained but the Wii U doesn't simply cause people aren't informed. We're like that 3rd party in a US election. Nintendo doesn't need to step up their game, they just need the ads. 

Edited by PopiPenguin, 11 June 2013 - 10:12 PM.

NintNetwork: PowpiPenguin | Steam: PopiPenguin| LoL Philippines: PCD.Fencing.Cat |Guild Wars 2: Argath Stormseeker

#4 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:49 AM

They also need incentives for 3rd party devs to get on board if they wan't decent sells. At least the 3DS is still selling like crazy.

Signature_DK.png

#5 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:43 AM

if they showed an amazing looking HD Metroid or Starfox it would have drawn more people who aren't Nintendo fans to buy a wii u.

#6 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:46 AM

I liked their showcase even though I really wanted a Metroid and Zelda but their real problem if you ask me is that most of those games shown are coming out in 2014. Everyone wants the Wiiu to succeed but Nintendo doesn't get that games are needed to make it and there needed now.

#7 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:49 AM

I don't know why nintendo hardly bothered to advertise, they are sitting on a huge pile of money. advertise game footage pacifically for the WiiU, show off the system, DO SOMETHING. Advertising needs to be on everything, newspapers, magazines, tv, internet. The eShop will not sell their products as most people accessing the eshop will already know about the product and/or have the product.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#8 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:59 AM

I don't know why nintendo hardly bothered to advertise, they are sitting on a huge pile of money. advertise game footage pacifically for the WiiU, show off the system, DO SOMETHING. Advertising needs to be on everything, newspapers, magazines, tv, internet. The eShop will not sell their products as most people accessing the eshop will already know about the product and/or have the product.

It's because before they had nothing to show off. Now that they have a 3D Mario and a Mario Kart, they will advertise.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#9 ThePopiPenguin

ThePopiPenguin

Little Blue Penguin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and Valve

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:00 AM

They MUST advertise it to be the go-to system. Use the power of the price point and I guarantee you, ill-informed shoppers who buy for their CoD kid will get the cheaper console especially since it has CoD. With each sale of the Wii U, the good word of Nintendo is spread. Power of the price point baby. Just advertise it on every goddamn thing people can see. Movies, TV shows, Magazines, heck they should even advertise on benches. 

#10 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:33 AM

Nintendo did ok, Nothing special though that I was hoping for. I might sell my Wii-U for PS4.

Edited by xBASSxMONSTAx, 12 June 2013 - 06:34 AM.

#11 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:03 AM

In the middle of a severe game drought, I don't consider the announcement of a bunch of 2014 titles for a console launched at the end of 2012 to be a good E3.  I think we can count the number of full retail games announced for release by the end of the year on two hands.  

Edited by kokirii, 12 June 2013 - 07:03 AM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#12 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:05 AM

See, what I believe is with the wii, a lot of non Nintendo bought the system. They were moms, dads, uncles and aunts. Families in other words. they bought it for the casual have fun experience. Wii fit, wii sports, etc. Now that Nintendo seems to be focusing (seems...) on "core" gamers, they've lost that family group a little. The problem is now they're left with real Nintendo fans who love Nintendo games. I wonder if a new Metroid or Starfox would really bring that many gamers from other systems over. If you're a huge fan of metriod or starfox, wouldn't you already have a Wii U? It seems that people that like those games also like other Nintendo games.

#13 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:29 AM

See, what I believe is with the wii, a lot of non Nintendo bought the system. They were moms, dads, uncles and aunts. Families in other words. they bought it for the casual have fun experience. Wii fit, wii sports, etc. Now that Nintendo seems to be focusing (seems...) on "core" gamers, they've lost that family group a little. The problem is now they're left with real Nintendo fans who love Nintendo games. I wonder if a new Metroid or Starfox would really bring that many gamers from other systems over. If you're a huge fan of metriod or starfox, wouldn't you already have a Wii U? It seems that people that like those games also like other Nintendo games.

That's a good point. I knew Nintendo would have a hard time getting the casuals to buy another console. But they don't need that. They need to get the 30m+ people who bought a 3DS to buy a Wii U. They need the 5m+ Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii) to buy a Wii U. They need the 8m+ people who bought Mario 3D Land to buy Mario 3D World (and Wii U). That's what they need. Metroid didn't sell over 2 million units. Unfortunately, it wasn't the right choice.

#14 Marcus Noer

Marcus Noer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

I think they should adverd with games like COD og Need for speed. Show them. 

I think that 97% off ''hardcore'' gamers dont care about a Mario og donkey kong game. 

#15 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

Agreed. I think they need to have some more simple games- but that are fun.  Even a remake of Wii Sports Resort might not be that bad.  I mentioned this before but if you ever go to a bar, there's often a bartop console with a ton of simple touch games.  Why not have suite of games like that with Mario/Nintendo/Sonic characters- or even team with Angry Birds for a mini-game? 

#16 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:30 PM

Well, nintendo certainly made their investors happy this e3. The majority of stuff they showed sells gangbusters, it did on wii, it turned 3ds around...

Im totally bummed with retro. DKCr2 was a no brainer from a business perspective. The first one by itself outsold every prime game combined, and moved serious units.

Mario 3dland also outsold galaxy 2 on a system with a fraction of the user base, and along with mk8, moved 3ds units and continuous to move steady units, those long legs...

But.... I wanted metroid and 64/galaxy style metroid....

Looks like monolithsoft is my new retro....

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#17 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

Just b/c you are a casual gamer, doesn't mean that you are completely unsophisticated- it just means that you don't want to spend all weekend trying to unlock a stage or kill an enemy etc.  You just want to play here and there.  I fit in that category and upgraded. I'm happy with my purchase, but would like to see more games that you don't have to become completely obsessed with to get any good at.

That's a good point. I knew Nintendo would have a hard time getting the casuals to buy another console. But they don't need that. They need to get the 30m+ people who bought a 3DS to buy a Wii U. They need the 5m+ Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii) to buy a Wii U. They need the 8m+ people who bought Mario 3D Land to buy Mario 3D World (and Wii U). That's what they need. Metroid didn't sell over 2 million units. Unfortunately, it wasn't the right choice.

#18 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

More games and more advertisment, it makes me laugh cos' that's all Nintendo need to do...........

#19 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

Just b/c you are a casual gamer, doesn't mean that you are completely unsophisticated- it just means that you don't want to spend all weekend trying to unlock a stage or kill an enemy etc.  You just want to play here and there.  I fit in that category and upgraded (also in part b/c of a five y/o step son). I'm happy with my purchase, but would like to see more games that you don't have to become completely obsessed with to get any good at.

#20 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:04 PM

Just b/c you are a casual gamer, doesn't mean that you are completely unsophisticated- it just means that you don't want to spend all weekend trying to unlock a stage or kill an enemy etc. You just want to play here and there. I fit in that category and upgraded. I'm happy with my purchase, but would like to see more games that you don't have to become completely obsessed with to get any good at.

I wasn't saying that. I was saying mothers, fathers and most casual gamers don't always want to buy a new device. Like with computers, some people will just keep one until it dies. Well why should they upgrade? What's different? Nintendo has to answer that question. I don't know if they have for every casual gamer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!