Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:39 AM

The people behind Smash Bros. say not to expect a lot of third-party characters in the next incarnation of their fighting game. Mega Man is an exception.

While chatting with Smash designer Masahiro Sakurai this morning, I pointed out that fans are very psyched about the Blue Bomber making an appearance in his next game. Third-party characters—or, characters from publishers not named Nintendo—are uncommon in Super Smash Bros., and after appearances by Solid Snake and Sonic in the last game, Brawl, a lot of people were hoping to see Capcom bring Mega Man to Nintendo's mascot fighting series.

"So," I continued, "what's the third-party character you'd most like to see?"

Sakurai laughed.

"I'm really sorry," he said through a translator. "If I were to answer that question, I'd get in a lot of trouble in a lot of different ways, so I can't answer. But I think I can say generally that there won't be a trend of adding a lot of third-party characters. You can sort of think of Mega Man as being the special case."

http://kotaku.com/do...e-nex-513203533

Seems reasonable. Brawl had 2, so I see 5 or 6 3rd party characters. I don't see Snake returning, but Sonic will along with perhaps Knuckles. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:44 AM

One Namco Bandai character, Megaman and Sonic. That's it!

2lvmghw.png

#3 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:44 AM

Sonic

Mega Man

Rayman

Pac-Man

Thats all who are worthy...And even Pac-Man is a stretch for his worthiness

#4 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:45 AM

http://m.ign.com/art...ripping-removed

NO DLC, Tripping removed. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#5 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:45 AM

Yeah, Smash Bros. is and always will be a Nintendo brawler (no pun intended). I would say 4 third party characters AT MOST.

They have no plans for DLC AT THIS TIME. As Sakurai said, his concerns are getting the games out first, and THEN additional content (if he decides to do so, obviously).

Edited by Blake, 13 June 2013 - 11:47 AM.

#6 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:47 AM

Sakurai won't do DLC. 

He didn't do it for KI, very doubtful he'll do it for this. 

#7 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:04 PM

I WANT SNAAAAAAAAAAAKE.

#8 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:15 PM

Sonic and 1 Namco Character should be there and thats it, don't trust rayman anymore since his game isn't exclusive anymore.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#9 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

either bayonetta or tw101 character would be awesome

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#10 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

Sonic

Mega Man

Rayman

Pac-Man

Thats all who are worthy...And even Pac-Man is a stretch for his worthiness

Super Smash Bros. Brawl already has three circular spheres in it's rooster. SSB4 doesn't need a 4th.   

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#11 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

I see Megaman, Sonic, Klonoa, Rayman, and Snake. I don't believe that any game should take out characters in sequels.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#12 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:36 PM

I don' really see the point in putting Snake there. When was the last time a game of his was released on Nintendo consoles that wasn't a port. I can't remember any since the Gamecube days.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#13 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

I don' really see the point in putting Snake there. When was the last time a game of his was released on Nintendo consoles that wasn't a port. I can't remember any since the Gamecube days.

That's because Kojima is a fan of the original smash bros and wanted him to be in Melee, same with Sonic. but unlike Playstation All Stars, Smash Bros gained these 3rd party characters because of its popularity.

Edited by Julio93, 13 June 2013 - 01:28 PM.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#14 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

I'm rooting for at least one Namco character.

Signature_DK.png

#15 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

yea, and the only reason he was in brawl was because kojima asked for him to be in.

#16 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

yea, and the only reason he was in brawl was because kojima asked for him to be in.

And people loved it, so he should stay. Not to mention that Kojima and Sakurai are good friends. I just really want Snake to be in it; he was such a joy to use in Brawl.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#17 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

Rayman would be awesome!

#18 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:25 PM

And people loved it, so he should stay. Not to mention that Kojima and Sakurai are good friends. I just really want Snake to be in it; he was such a joy to use in Brawl.

for sure, i would like sonic and snake to return. frankly, with sonic and megaman teaming up in the comics recently, even though thats more of an Archie comics thing, i think it makes for a dream battle, and what better moment to place mario vs sonic and megaman, 3 major mascots for their respective companies.. 

Edited by umegames, 13 June 2013 - 08:26 PM.

#19 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, I still hope Sonic and Snake are in it, pwety pwease :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!