Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:14 AM

Why the choice not to support online multiplayer in Super Mario 3D World?

Mr. Hayashida: I’ve always really enjoyed playing games with my children. In Super Mario Galaxy, we had the “assist play mode” that was available, but this is the first time that we’ve implemented a real multiplayer where the second player is moving a character around on screen in a 3D Mario game. And so I’m really happily looking forward to the experience of playing that with my kids.

http://techland.time...velopment-team/

Ugh, come on Nintendo. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

:(

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#3 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:20 AM

His response really doesn't explain anything they could have both local and online multiplayer it doesn't have to be or the other and it doesn't have to and won't detract from the experience and over all quality if they do it right.

Edited by Sage, 14 June 2013 - 10:26 AM.

#4 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

Why?

2lvmghw.png

#5 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:37 AM

Yeah the statement seems to imply an either/or situation

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#6 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:58 AM

I've said it once and I'll say it again; Mario games are too hectic to play with people you can't communicate with. Multiplayer is hard in the first place, try it without speaking.

#7 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:59 AM

I've said it once and I'll say it again; Mario games are too hectic to play with people you can't communicate with. Multiplayer is hard in the first place, try it without speaking.

I agree in co-op multiplayer whether via local or online would be much more tricky. But some challenge mode multiplayer would be interesting.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#8 Wolf

Wolf

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Fandom:
    Lego games, all of them.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:01 AM

Same here, online MP would be too much. There's just no need for it. It'd be too messy.

#9 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

COME ON! If i want to play with my friends, let me play with them, I'm always a good 500 miles away from them, so this is like a punch in the face to me

wa3Nq7j.png

#10 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:24 AM

If the online would be so hecktic without voice, just add voice support. There's a wireless headset out there, you know. And luigi's mansion: dark moon was online and didn't have voice, that was pretty hecktic as well but fun. There could be alot of communication options if you think about it, like tapping the screen and pointing where everyone should go our touching a variety of preset speech bubbles.

794144.png?13383682

#11 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:28 AM

Come on nintendo give me a reason to buy this game (even though I might regardless since I am a sucker for mario games)...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#12 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:30 AM

POPULAR

use the gamepad mic online,..... problem solved. 

Signature_Fox.png

#13 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:31 AM

I believe it would be fine with voice. KI:U doesn't have voice, and you know how hectic that is.

Or add a chat box like in MH3U. There are easy solutions, Nintendo, you finally have a system with great online capabilities but instead you make excuses not to include online.

use the gamepad mic online,..... problem solved. 

THIS. The GamePad has a mic built into it for Pete's sake! It works fine when playing online in MH3U.

#14 Brando67854321

Brando67854321

Cheep-Cheep

• Banned
  • 126 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:59 AM

First nintendo land now this looks like I'm right no 1st party online multiplayer games until 2014 wii u r.i.p. 2012-2013

#15 ccccombo

ccccombo

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:03 PM

Whatever. Much ado about nothing. The funny thing is, the same people complaining about no online multi are the ones who were disappointed that they didn't announce Galaxy 3 - a game that would have pretty much been strictly one-player, like the previous ones.

As the developer said, this is the first 3D mario to have even local multiplayer. At least try that out before demanding anything.

#16 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

I think they definitely should have included it, but honestly, if I actually want to get through a Mario game, I'll play by myself, and if I want to play with other people, I'll play with my friends. So actually going online... I probably wouldn't do that much for this game. Not exactly what Mario games are about in my opinion

#17 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:29 PM

Yeah this doesn't bother me since the multiplayer is really just a "bonus feature" anyway.

Plus I think that playing local multiplayer is way more fun than online.

#18 CrimsonDivine

CrimsonDivine

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Fandom:
    Tera

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

Not that upsetting, it's a lot more fun playing local multiplayer.

kisame.png

#19 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:10 PM

Whatever. Much ado about nothing. The funny thing is, the same people complaining about no online multi are the ones who were disappointed that they didn't announce Galaxy 3 - a game that would have pretty much been strictly one-player, like the previous ones.

As the developer said, this is the first 3D mario to have even local multiplayer. At least try that out before demanding anything.

not me

Signature_Fox.png

#20 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:35 PM

Get with the times Nintendo.

Edited by LinkKennedy, 14 June 2013 - 02:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!