Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:56 AM

First nintendo land now this looks like I'm right no 1st party online multiplayer games until 2014 wii u r.i.p. 2012-2013

How am I supposed to take something that far fetched seriously?

Signature_DK.png

#22 Brando67854321

Brando67854321

Cheep-Cheep

• Banned
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:27 AM

How am I supposed to take something that far fetched seriously?

There is no 1st party games with online so far because of local play being "superior" but nintendo fails to realise when the lack of online for star fox 64 3D killed the star fox series.

#23 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:28 AM

did you expect it to be online? Nintendo isn't big on the whole online thing.

#24 Brando67854321

Brando67854321

Cheep-Cheep

• Banned
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

did you expect it to be online? Nintendo isn't big on the whole online thing.

uh yeah actually we did. the one time nintendo gets rid of friend codes the put no online in any games outside of the obvious.

#25 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:48 AM

Theres a reason why there arent many games like this online on any system. Some games are suited for online play. Games where actions are easily predictable and can be sent from one computer to another over the net before the action actually takes place, fps, racers, and to a lesser extent fighters.

extremely tight platformers with rapid unpredictable changes in position space with the utmost accuracy required... not so much.

star fox 3d is one of the games whose multiplayer could have easily been brought online. Nintendo rushed it out without it. If it makes you feel better they did apologize.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#26 Brando67854321

Brando67854321

Cheep-Cheep

• Banned
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:51 AM

Theres a reason why there arent many games like this online on any system. Some games are suited for online play. Games where actions are easily predictable and can be sent from one computer to another over the net before the action actually takes place, fps, racers, and to a lesser extent fighters.

extremely tight platformers with rapid unpredictable changes in position space with the utmost accuracy required... not so much.

star fox 3d is one of the games whose multiplayer could have easily been brought online. Nintendo rushed it out without it. If it makes you feel better they did apologize.

Thats not enough to save star fox because of lower than expected sales of star fox 64 3D. And they have no 1st party games outside of the obvious.

Edited by Brando67854321, 15 June 2013 - 08:54 AM.

#27 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:00 AM

Thats not enough to save star fox because of lower than expected sales.

Yeah I dont think apologizing about screwing up was meant to improve sales. Though, its not like starfox is a huge selling series.

The highest selling entry moved  2.78 million  units in na.

If thats your argument, id say starfox's best selling game only selling 2.78 million units in na would be a much better reason to kill the series than a very cheap outsourced port starfox 3ds released when there was practically no install base and only selling a little less than a million.

But you need not worry. Platinum has expressed interest in wanting to make the next starfox. Its far from dead.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#28 Brando67854321

Brando67854321

Cheep-Cheep

• Banned
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

Yeah I dont think apologizing about screwing up was meant to improve sales. Though, its not like starfox is a huge selling series.

The highest selling entry moved  2.78 million  units in na.

If thats your argument, id say starfox's best selling game only selling 2.78 million units in na would be a much better reason to kill the series than a very cheap outsourced port starfox 3ds released when there was practically no install base and only selling a little less than a million.

But you need not worry. Platinum has expressed interest in wanting to make the next starfox. Its far from dead.

No star fox IS dead. Miyamaoto said if it did not sell (which it did not) it will be the last in the series. Miyamoto Thats BS retire now please!

Edited by Brando67854321, 15 June 2013 - 12:32 PM.

#29 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:30 PM

Am I the only person in the world that prefers local co-op? Can't wait to play Super Mario 3D World with my friends and a few beers.

#30 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:14 PM

No star fox IS dead. Miyamaoto said if it did not sell (which it did not) it will be the last in the series. Miyamoto Thats BS retire now please!

Why should he retire for doing smart business?
Nowhere did he say it would be the last in the series, and he didnt say it needed sky high sales either.

He said he needed to see an interest in it.

The star fox franchise sales have been steadily going down since 64 (which wasnt that high to begin with.

They reached an all time low with the wi fi multiplayer enabled star fox command.

Star fox 3d has doubled the na sales of command and is selling more in na than fire emblem awakening, another title that they said they needed to see interest in.... And are thrilled about.

I dont think the drama is quite necessary yet.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#31 Brando67854321

Brando67854321

Cheep-Cheep

• Banned
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:26 PM

Why should he retire for doing smart business?
Nowhere did he say it would be the last in the series, and he didnt say it needed sky high sales either.

He said he needed to see an interest in it.

The star fox franchise sales have been steadily going down since 64 (which wasnt that high to begin with.

They reached an all time low with the wi fi multiplayer enabled star fox command.

Star fox 3d has doubled the na sales of command and is selling more in na than fire emblem awakening, another title that they said they needed to see interest in.... And are thrilled about.

I dont think the drama is quite necessary yet.

It's not smart business they wanted us to buy a crappy remake & it bombed bad. Star fox is dead get over it!

#32 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:36 PM

It's not smart business they wanted us to buy a crappy remake & it bombed bad. Star fox is dead get over it!

Im not exactly a star fox fan. Though you seem to be the one devastated over the imagined loss of starfox.

I dont think 3/4 of a million is exactly bombing hard for a portable title. Your lack of experience in the subject is misleading you greatly.

As i said earlier, fire emblem was in the same situation.

www.vg247.com/2013/05/23/fire-emblem-awakening-was-almost-last-game-in-the-series-dev-reveals/

They are thrilled with fe north america sales.

Star fox 64 3d sold almost 2x as much as fire emblem in na.

I think its time to knock off the hysterics.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#33 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

Since this is no longer about wi fi, lets agree to disagree and get back to mario 3dworld.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#34 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:12 PM

Am I the only person in the world that prefers local co-op? Can't wait to play Super Mario 3D World with my friends and a few beers.

Oh I prefer local too.  It's just that my brother, the one I enjoy playing co-op with the most, lives 3 hours away and doesn't get a chance to visit often.  Local co-op only means I can't play a game with him.  I just wish Nintendo wouldn't treat it like an either-or scenario.

#35 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

Mario Kart 8 better have online...

#36 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

Mario Kart 8 better have online...

Mario Kart Wii had it, and it was arguably one of the Wii game with the best online. So you can count on Mario Kart 8 having it

Plus Mario Kart 7 had it. Don't worry

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!