• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:13 PM

So, it's clear Nintendo likes to have at least three games for Q1 - Q2, then lay low until E3, then try to ramp up for the holidays. Well, assuming Nintendo has the games, they should hold three major directs. One in Jan 2014, announcing the launch date of SSB4 and 3DS in summer. Another glimpse at Mario Kart 8, and show us some NEW games coming either from 3rd Parties or themselves.

Then, at E3 2014, have more Best Buy location's but with bigger booths. Make it big and bright. Put these things in Malls across the country. Even host - before Super Smash Bros comes out - a huge tournament in New York City. (just guessing but isn't there a Nintendo store there?) This will generate buzz. Big thing though - DON'T FREAKING HAVE A PRE E3 DIRECT REVEALING GAMES - okay, Nintendo? Imagine having SONIC being the big surprise. Why would you do that Nintendo? And don't do that next year when you have ANOTHER big surprise for us.

And start hiring more developers this year. Buy some Indies. You need more talent.

What so you guys think?
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#2 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:17 PM

POPULAR

They need to show a Metroid or Starfox, a Mario that isn't a platformer or sequel to 3D world would be great.

#3 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:53 PM

I liked the direct, but they REALLY need a better streaming option, that really sucked that it cut out 15 mionutes before it finished for me as so manty people saw it at the same time. Even at 240p

They should being more demos worldwide, or at least bring demos to games that are nearly coimpleted, I understand they don't want to internationally demo a product that isn't ready to play due to minor bugs etc, but if Smash or Bayo or X is ready to release in the Summer then it NEEDS to be available on the eShiop as an 5 - 8 try demo.

Really wish they'd bring out some great titles during the Winter (Jan/Feb)  and Spring, at least one great one and a couple of decent ones. Otherwise Wii U sales will be a wasteland again like they were this year during that period

#4 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:51 AM

They really should put n64 and/or gamecube games to VC. I mean it doesn't require much work; they've already made the game.

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#5 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:28 AM

They really should put n64 and/or gamecube games to VC. I mean it doesn't require much work; they've already made the game.

It requires creating a non buggy, non glitchy, non broken emulator which takes a LOT of work. Think of the Dolphin emulator, now think of a emulator which has to be a LOT better then that. Even if they started now, it would half a year before they have finished it. so you really need to give them time :P

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:01 AM

You think they Sony'd themselves with the sonic announcement?

Sonying oneself is from 1-3 years ago where sony would always pre-announce their games for e3.

The games are still the games they showed, if they appeal to me I don't care where they're revealed, so long as they have in-game footage that gets me interested in the game.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:39 AM

You think they Sony'd themselves with the sonic announcement?
Sonying oneself is from 1-3 years ago where sony would always pre-announce their games for e3.

The games are still the games they showed, if they appeal to me I don't care where they're revealed, so long as they have in-game footage that gets me interested in the game.

Exactly. If they saved that and other announcements, it would have been better.

#8 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:52 AM

They need to make incentives for 3rd party devs soon so they will have plenty of 3rd party games to boast.

It requires creating a non buggy, non glitchy, non broken emulator which takes a LOT of work. Think of the Dolphin emulator, now think of a emulator which has to be a LOT better then that. Even if they started now, it would half a year before they have finished it. so you really need to give them time :P

I don't want to discuss the difference between emulators and digital ports here or I would get in trouble. However I can say that it's way different. If what you were saying was the case they wouldn't have been able to  re-release a few Xbox titles on the 360.

Edited by Rose Red, 15 June 2013 - 06:53 AM.

Signature_DK.png

#9 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:06 AM

They need to start developing new ip's and revitalize old ones while keeping their big guns(mario, zelda, metroid, etc.) feeling fresh.

#10 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:10 AM

So, it's clear Nintendo likes to have at least three games for Q1 - Q2, then lay low until E3, then try to ramp up for the holidays. Well, assuming Nintendo has the games, they should hold three major directs. One in Jan 2014, announcing the launch date of SSB4 and 3DS in summer. Another glimpse at Mario Kart 8, and show us some NEW games coming either from 3rd Parties or themselves.

Then, at E3 2014, have more Best Buy location's but with bigger booths. Make it big and bright. Put these things in Malls across the country. Even host - before Super Smash Bros comes out - a huge tournament in New York City. (just guessing but isn't there a Nintendo store there?) This will generate buzz. Big thing though - DON'T FREAKING HAVE A PRE E3 DIRECT REVEALING GAMES - okay, Nintendo? Imagine having SONIC being the big surprise. Why would you do that Nintendo? And don't do that next year when you have ANOTHER big surprise for us.

And start hiring more developers this year. Buy some Indies. You need more talent.

What so you guys think?

We already have plenty of eager indies. Their concern should be about winning back major devs.

Signature_DK.png

#11 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:56 AM

We already have plenty of eager indies. Their concern should be about winning back major devs.

Although they do have indie developers, I am saying make them second party developers. Work with them. Yes, they nerd to get big developers too. But Nintendo games sell Nintendo platforms. If you want to move units, you'll find more developers to make exclusive titles. I wouldn't even mind Nintendo allowing an indie make a Stat Fox. Who makes Nano Assault? That one would be good.

They need to make incentives for 3rd party devs soon so they will have plenty of 3rd party games to boast.

I don't want to discuss the difference between emulators and digital ports here or I would get in trouble. However I can say that it's way different. If what you were saying was the case they wouldn't have been able to re-release a few Xbox titles on the 360.

They could spend the time remaking the game, like they are with Wind Waker, or they can do with what they do currently on Virtual Console and emulate the game. Both will take resources away from your development teams, and right now Nintendo needs to be working on ORIGINAL games because games like Wind Waker don't sell consoles. Remakes never do.

#12 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:58 AM

I don't want to discuss the difference between emulators and digital ports here or I would get in trouble. However I can say that it's way different. If what you were saying was the case they wouldn't have been able to  re-release a few Xbox titles on the 360.

The VC aren't digital ports, they are run on their own emulator that Nintendo created.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#13 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:02 AM

Stop making platformers and release some real 3D games. As much as I like platformers they aren't what Nintendo needs to sell the Wii U. For every platformer a better game could have been made.

#14 thechamp80

thechamp80

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:27 AM

Don't play it as safe as they did this E3.

#15 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:06 AM

Although they do have indie developers, I am saying make them second party developers. Work with them. Yes, they nerd to get big developers too. But Nintendo games sell Nintendo platforms. If you want to move units, you'll find more developers to make exclusive titles. I wouldn't even mind Nintendo allowing an indie make a Stat Fox. Who makes Nano Assault? That one would be good.

They could spend the time remaking the game, like they are with Wind Waker, or they can do with what they do currently on Virtual Console and emulate the game. Both will take resources away from your development teams, and right now Nintendo needs to be working on ORIGINAL games because games like Wind Waker don't sell consoles. Remakes never do.

They did it with N64 games. Plus their is a ton of people that wan't GC games on VC not just me.

Signature_DK.png

#16 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

Stop making platformers and release some real 3D games. As much as I like platformers they aren't what Nintendo needs to sell the Wii U. For every platformer a better game could have been made.

those playformers are constantly Among the best selling games note do makes. Take donkey kong for example, yeah, most of you would have preferred metroid, but DK will probably sell 10x as much as a metroid game would! Platformers is EXACTLY what Nintendo needs, they sell systems and they also sell massive amounts!

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#17 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

They simply should focus on other IPs. Let Mario take a deep breath. I'm just fearing that Mario becomes shovelware.
Posted Image

#18 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:28 PM

Platformers are the only real reason I still see value in Nintendo console, they're the only ones that do those games right imo, and I love platformers above all other games.

They need to start developing new ip's and revitalize old ones while keeping their big guns(mario, zelda, metroid, etc.) feeling fresh.

I think they can line up all their mario's and zeldo's in year 1-3, then go back to old ip's and see what they can do with those, or start making something new.

And by new, we both mean real full big games, not great games like pullblox and rolling western etc. Those are great, but a massive AAAA game would be pretty exciting.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#19 Zombies8MyDuck

Zombies8MyDuck

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Zombies8MyDuck
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:30 PM

They should really add n64 games and GC games add like promote it as the Ultimate system for you past, present and future games.

#20 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:11 PM

They did it with N64 games. Plus their is a ton of people that wan't GC games on VC not just me.

They remade them, or emulated them?

Don't play it as safe as they did this E3.

What does that mean in your opinion?

those playformers are constantly Among the best selling games note do makes. Take donkey kong for example, yeah, most of you would have preferred metroid, but DK will probably sell 10x as much as a metroid game would! Platformers is EXACTLY what Nintendo needs, they sell systems and they also sell massive amounts!

Exactly!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!