• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Reversal

Reversal

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

So what does everyone here think of Miiverse on the Wii U? Just curious to know your thoughts on it.

#2 ChrizAkaTheMole

ChrizAkaTheMole

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Sonic, Star wars, WWE , DBZ

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:11 PM

Love it. It's the best kind of social media, You don't need real details like facebook (i dont use facebook anyway) You dont need a twitter account. Parental controls could be set, share screen shots , ask for help , draw pictures , talk about the game. It was a great feature and one I don't think Nintendo has quiet perfected yet but is close.

It's one fault is they should seprate the sections. Have a section for "ART" "feedback" "help" and "disscusion" as seprate. As that way say i'm playing New Super mario bros and im stuck at bowser. I can open Miiverse , go to help section and ask "How do I do this" instead what we have is "How do I do this?" been buriied under pictures of toad , mario ect...

Maybe add a search function too.

But those 2 little things a side it's great , it's modern , It's inovative , it's what nintendo does best.

#3 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:12 PM

I love Miiverse, it's a great addition to Wii U. I love posting about any secrets or glitches I come about. I commonly find myself browsing Miiverse. Whether it's the communities with high traffic, dead communities from obscure launch titles, and the "troll" communities that consist of games like Funky Barn and the Croods. I don't like the over moderation, I've heard many stories about ridiculous bans for the smallest of things. I even had a comment that the mods deemed as a spoiler, despite it being a helpful tidbit for DK's Crash Course. I really enjoy Miiverse, I can't wait to see what it'll be like on 3DS.

#4 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:32 PM

The problem with Miiverse is there is too many games(funny right?) on Wii U for it to not be confusing. It needs to be separated by genre. In addition, they need to put an immeadiate friends list on Miiverse. It takes too long to switch between the friends list and Miiverse. It's very unnecessary to have a friends list at all in my opinon. Also, hopefully the summer update will bring us cross game voice chat. It isn't going to kill me if it doesn't have it because for me, pretty much none of my friends irl play on Wii U however, it would be nice for other people and to talk to people on the forum ect.

2lvmghw.png

#5 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:03 PM

It's okay. I go there once in a while to see what's going on but I don't really bother with posting there too often. It's a little chaotic, and not quite a forum. I do like that it supports screenshots and drawings. :P

Posted Image

#6 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

It's okay. I go there once in a while to see what's going on but I don't really bother with posting there too often. It's a little chaotic, and not quite a forum. I do like that it supports screenshots and drawings. :P

It is real chaotic. Like a board without mods.

#7 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:01 PM

It mainly needs more organization.  Right now it feels like shouting in a crowd of shouting people.  It is great place for seeking and granting advice though.

#8 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:24 PM

I love Miiverse, but I don't like the fact that the Wii U relies on it heavily for all communication. I'm banned for 2 weeks over something silly and I can't even contact my friends so we can set up game matches or just to say hi. It's rather annoying.

#9 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:31 PM

I would use it more if I had anything to play. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#10 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

Am enjoying it. Needs more organization as others have said. I do appreciate the updates Nintendo has been providing to it on a regular basis.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#11 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:44 PM

I love it, I think it's amazing, Wii U would be an even better system if it had cross game chat and stuff though, people used to rip it out of Sony cos' they were behind and never had cross game chat on PS3, if that's the case then Nintendo are even more behind for not having it on thier next gen console. At least Sony have fixed it and have got it on PS4.

#12 dustinb12

dustinb12

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:
    CM Punk, Zelda, Mario, Batman, ECW

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:57 AM

for someone who intensely hates social media, i am having a blast with it. i guess it's the thought of other folks sharing my interests. i get a kick out of posting something corny or old school referenced and people get it and even think its funny. every update they have done has made it even better. i like being able to post an accomplishment or whatever. love it

Save the Deku trees!

#13 Marcus Noer

Marcus Noer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:12 PM

I think 100 letters should be raised to 200 or something.

If you need help, you cant really explain yourself sometimes.

#14 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:48 PM

I enjoy it a lot. The community is very nice and the new Art Academy looks very promising. 

http://www.siliconer...u-and-miiverse/

#15 Distractionwolf

Distractionwolf

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:43 AM

I think its great but it needs better incorporation. Like I didn't even know what you could do with it till I got Mario U. Maybe I don't totally understand it yet though but for instance playing Arkham City I didn't see a way to suspend the game and make a quick post to the miiverse in any kind of simple and intuitive way.

#16 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:05 PM

Miiverse is amazing =)

#17 Kyle1503

Kyle1503

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • NNID:Kyle1503
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:19 PM

Simple Answer!

GOD DAMM AMAZING!!

#18 CookieEpic

CookieEpic

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mostly Cave Story

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:11 PM

I love it, and i think it serves it's purpose well. With a few seeings of inappropriate drawings here and there, i have to say it needs better moderation.

Not STRICT moderation, but better moderation.

86c.gif

#19 Trash Waifu

Trash Waifu

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:26 AM

A good concept that has yet to reach its full potential.

#20 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:02 AM

I think it would be even better if there were dedicated communities for artwork and technical support. And I don't want a dedicated sommunity for help in games as it would be passed over by people that otherwards would help. But I would like some sort of help flag, so you can quickly view all posts where the person was asking for help and problably got a solution.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!