TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:39 AM

What ever happened to third-party exclusives? Not everyone likes every company's first party games; some people don't like Mario and Zelda, some people don't like Infamous and Killzone, and some people don't like Halo or Fable. That's alright, but then what would decide a console for them? Third Party, and if all third party is the same on all systems, then what's the difference between the systems if you don't care about first-party games?

And one more thing: how come when Sony or Microsoft gets a thrid party exclusive, nobody bats an eye, but when Nintendo gets one, everybody loses their minds? (Joker reference FTW) I haven't heard people complain about Dead Rising 3 isn't on PS4 or how MGS4 isn't on Xbox 360, but everyone flips their rainbow when Bayonetta 2 is exclusive to Wii U. Do you know what Final Fantasy fans did when 7 was on Playstation instead of N64, when every other Final Fantasy was on a Nintendo system? THEY BOUGHT THE DAMN PLAYSTATION! Gamers today want everything on everyone's system, and they forget that games on one system tend to be better than multiplats, especially on a technical level. Look at MGS4 compared to MGR Revengence. 4 looks better in just about every way. Revengence had to use Pre-Rendered cutacenes because the in-game engine wasn't good enough for cinematics, and it came out 5 years after Gund of the Patriots did. What caused the drop in visual quality? It's not the PS3's hardware because there are games on the system that look better than MGS4, and it's not the 360's hardware because there are some games that (arguably) look better than 4. It's the fact that they had to focus on two systems instead of maximizing the capabilities of one system.

Sorry about the rant, but it's something that I thought about for a while and needed to let out. This mentality that if it's not made by the console manufacturer it has to be everywhere that gamers have nowadays is stupid and needs to stop. If it's not on the system you prefer, then #dealwithit.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 27 June 2013 - 10:39 AM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#2 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:42 AM

Another problem is that Nintendo fans don't buy the third party games they say they're going to. That's why there's barely any support. Look at Black Ops II's sales, it's a prime example.

#3 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:51 AM

Another problem is that Nintendo fans don't buy the third party games they say they're going to. That's why there's barely any support. Look at Black Ops II's sales, it's a prime example.

110,000 in NA alone? That seems reasonable, sure not compared to its regular sales. But most people who wanted to buy it on Wii U still wanted to play with the xbox friends. If we can figure out cross platform play, there will be no thoughts like that, therefore increase in sales. I think. 

Stupid Snowmads!

#4 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:00 AM

I completely agree. I'm a bit sad that Kingdom Hearts 3 isn't coming to the Wii U but it's not the end of the world! I'll just get a PS4! Simple as.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#5 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:01 AM

110,000 in NA alone? That seems reasonable, sure not compared to its regular sales. But most people who wanted to buy it on Wii U still wanted to play with the xbox friends. If we can figure out cross platform play, there will be no thoughts like that, therefore increase in sales. I think. 

Activision came out and even said they were disappointed with the sales. Even if most people bought it on XBOX. It still doesn't change the fact that it did pretty bad for a game that sells millions on the other platforms.

I think on Nintendo consoles, 3rd party exclusives sells better because Nintendo fans are just used to getting exclusives and they like them.. ZombiU sold actually pretty good on the Wii U. nearly half a million copies. I bet if that game released on other platforms probably would have sold like BO2. :P

Edited by Colinx, 27 June 2013 - 11:01 AM.

2lvmghw.png

#6 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:02 AM

I completely agree. I'm a bit sad that Kingdom Hearts 3 isn't coming to the Wii U but it's not the end of the world! I'll just get a PS4! Simple as.

If only more people had that same thought process. While I would want Kingdom Hearts 3 on Wii U just as much as everyone else, I'm not going to Daisy about their decision. Their reasoning however, is dumb.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue

#7 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:03 AM

Nah, that's not so good, IMO.

#8 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:09 AM

Call of Duty sold bad on Wii U cause it's ridiculously lacking, no dlc, terrible support

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#9 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:12 AM

Call of Duty sold bad on Wii U cause it's ridiculously lacking, no dlc, terrible support

Ridiculously lacking? Do you even own it? First off, no. Nobody even knew at the time when it came out if we would even get DLC and there have been a few patches for game. Nobody does not buy a game because there isn't DLC for it. LOL. Wii U arguably was the best version of the game. The game sold bad and it wasn't Treyarch or Activision's fault. Sorry.

2lvmghw.png

#10 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:15 AM

Ridiculously lacking? Do you even own it? First off, no. Nobody even knew at the time when it came out if we would even get DLC and there have been a few patches for game. Nobody does not buy a game because there isn't DLC for it. LOL. Wii U arguably was the best version of the game. The game sold bad and it wasn't Treyarch or Activision's fault. Sorry.

To be fair, it was late (a few days, but that's enough for CoD fans), and it took longer for a patch to be treated when it needed one, as you had to go to the main menu or campaign to go to the home button.

KtOSpy7.jpg

#11 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:18 AM

yes i do own it and it is lacking

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#12 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

yes i do own it and it is lacking

In what way that would effect initial sales?

To be fair, it was late (a few days, but that's enough for CoD fans), and it took longer for a patch to be treated when it needed one, as you had to go to the main menu or campaign to go to the home button.

What way does a late patch or the home button have to do with lacking sales of a game? The only argument you have was that it was a few days late but, there is no denying that it was the definitive version of Black Ops 2.

2lvmghw.png

#13 BnB

BnB

Shoto Killer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fighting Game Junkie

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:26 AM

Look at MGS4 compared to MGR Revengence. 4 looks better in just about every way. Revengence had to use Pre-Rendered cutacenes because the in-game engine wasn't good enough for cinematics, and it came out 5 years after Gund of the Patriots did. What caused the drop in visual quality? It's not the PS3's hardware because there are games on the system that look better than MGS4, and it's not the 360's hardware because there are some games that (arguably) look better than 4. It's the fact that they had to focus on two systems instead of maximizing the capabilities of one system.

I think the graphics are different because they we're developed by 2 different people.

Wouldn't lack of Wii U sales be one of the causes for low Black Ops 2 sales?

Edited by NewEra KiiD, 27 June 2013 - 11:29 AM.

tumblr_mr2nvhlPCe1s1terdo1_500_zpsc92fde

PSN: Kallusiive // NNIDEX_NewEra

#14 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:39 AM

I think the graphics are different because they we're developed by 2 different people.

Wouldn't lack of Wii U sales be one of the causes for low Black Ops 2 sales?

It's not like Platinum Games can't make good looking games; back when they were Clover Studios, they made Okami, which was onw of the best looking PS2 games released. Bayonetta 1 also looks really good, and Revengence is no slouch either; it just doesn't look nearly as good as MGS4.

KtOSpy7.jpg

#15 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:07 PM

the broken AAA only business model is what happened to third party exclusives.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#16 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

We wouldn't mind so much if we actually got decent third party exclusives. Nintendo fans have a god given right to complain.

Signature_DK.png

#17 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:24 PM

We wouldn't mind so much if we actually got decent third party exclusives. Nintendo fans have a god given right to complain.

I don't believe in god, but i do agree about the right to complain. LOL

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#18 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:33 PM

The Wii had in my opinion the best third party exclusives, but that's due to the lack of third party exclusives on the PS360, which is exactly the point of my rant; I don't really care to much about Halo, Forza, Fable, Uncharted, Killzone, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance, Gears of War, etc. I got a 360 mainly because my relatives also had 360's because they did care about Halo and Gears of War. If I chose now, I would've picked the PS3 because I care about Metal Gear now, and there is no chance that the 360 will get MGS4 due to it being built around the Cell Processor and it requiring 7 discs to hold everything. Which is exactly why I love 3rd Party exclusives: they get to take full advantage of the hardware instead of trying to get the same performance on both.

KtOSpy7.jpg

#19 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:49 PM

The console bearly had sold a few million copies, Buggy as hell, no support, no DLC. 200,000 for that garbage is pretty impressive. 

Also name 1 third party game on the Wii U that has been released on the same date the other games were out that had Exactly the same features??? NONE! All these developers released old games for example, Fifa and Sniper Elite, They had features removed and put no effort into the support and expect people to buy it! PEOPLE ALREADY OWNED THE GAMES! Obviously No one will buy it, and they base all of their games sales on these Poorly done ports and expect it to sell well even when it's 1. The worst version of the games, 2. IS A OLD GAME.

And did everyone remember the reaction about Sonic games being Exclusive to the Wii U, everyone lost their minds. 

Edited by Chrop, 27 June 2013 - 12:55 PM.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#20 ChrizAkaTheMole

ChrizAkaTheMole

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Sonic, Star wars, WWE , DBZ

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

I bought that and a lot of third party games at launch like batman + sonic racing. I'm a big nintendo fan but I love third party stuff too.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!