Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:05 PM

http://mynintendonew...dy-buy-a-wii-u/

Controversial Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter believes that Nintendo is currently in a world of trouble. Pachter cites the lack of third-party support for the company’s latest home console, coupled with the looming release of the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, as a problem that Nintendo doesn’t seem able to fix. Pachter genuinely questions why anyone would choose to buy a Wii U at this point in time.

“The publishers are pretty excited to support the Xbox One and the PS4 – they really didn’t say anything about the Wii U. And we know EA has no games in development for Wii U. If Activision pulls support; if you see Ubisoft , you see Take-Two pull support, the Wii U is a Nintendo-only gaming device which is what they were back with the Nintendo Entertainment System in 1985. They’re not going to sell a lot of consoles if they don’t have games like FIFA and Battlefield and Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto. Due to that, Pachter asks a simple rhetorical question: “Why would anybody buy a Wii U?”

To be honest, i somewhat agree with him. I don't think games alone will be enough to save the Wii U in the long run, Nintendo is going to need more third-party partnerships and to disprove the sigma that the Wii U is underpowered other wise the Wii U may end up sell worse then the Gamecube.

#2 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:16 PM

If the Wii U sold 4 Million units with bearly any games, imagine the sales when the big games come out for it. Nintendo will be able to pull through easily, ya they won't get some big Third Party games but what did you really expect from a company that is hated by third parties.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#3 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:32 PM

The Wii sold 100 Million units with virtually no 3rd party support....And the Wii U will be a "Wii-peat" of last gen

^^^^see what I did there?? I said Wii-peat instead of repeat, cuz the wii u is gonna sell like hot cakes like the wii... huehuehue Im so clever :3

Patcher just talks put his @$$ cuz he gets paid to do so

#4 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:49 PM

FIFA, EVERY CONSOLE NEEDS FIFA *throws money at screen*

While patcher does bring up some valid points he still remains way to biased to form an accurate prediction.

I know it's his job to analyse sales but many will agree with me that he truly does have a strong negative attitude towards Nintendo, he has brushed it off in the past and admitted to his mistakes but that was really for the sake of not being rundown by Nintendo fanboys. I know it's practically impossible to form 100% accurate predictions but this guy is on a role when it comes to getting his own predictions wrong.

In the WiiU's current state i doubt we will see a huge spike in sales like we saw with the 3DS, the 3DS had no competition with Vita and didn't suffer to much from mobile gaming but the WiiU has to deal with the fact there is an extreme and almost unbreakable level of hype surrounding the PS4, even the X1 is starting to get on it's feet. Nintendo will need to have some well timed games and perhaps a price drop in order to stand strong. They need to advertise like crazy, basically flood the world with WiiU ads so more attention is directed at them rather than PS4 or X1. Thats just my opinion

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#5 Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:26 AM

FIFA, EVERY CONSOLE NEEDS FIFA *throws money at screen*

While patcher does bring up some valid points he still remains way to biased to form an accurate prediction.

I know it's his job to analyse sales but many will agree with me that he truly does have a strong negative attitude towards Nintendo, he has brushed it off in the past and admitted to his mistakes but that was really for the sake of not being rundown by Nintendo fanboys. I know it's practically impossible to form 100% accurate predictions but this guy is on a role when it comes to getting his own predictions wrong.

In the WiiU's current state i doubt we will see a huge spike in sales like we saw with the 3DS, the 3DS had no competition with Vita and didn't suffer to much from mobile gaming but the WiiU has to deal with the fact there is an extreme and almost unbreakable level of hype surrounding the PS4, even the X1 is starting to get on it's feet. Nintendo will need to have some well timed games and perhaps a price drop in order to stand strong. They need to advertise like crazy, basically flood the world with WiiU ads so more attention is directed at them rather than PS4 or X1. Thats just my opinion

They already need a 2 game attach rate per console.

even dropping by $50 raises that to nearly double that (only presold consoles will only need the 2 still.) 

#6 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:18 AM

You probably have 4 consumers. The first has, or will get a Wii U. The next has another console, and will not get one, but will not upgrade yet either. The next guy will buy the next console, and the Wii U is a toss up secondary console.

The crazy thing with with Mr. Guess Work here is that he predicts 20million more Sony and MS systems sold than before. All analyst are claiming, ''reduced competition'' from Nintendo. Well, Nintendo has been reduced competition since the Wii launched (it was a secondary console to HDTwin owners).

Nintendo's real problem is finding the customer that will buy Mario and Watchdogs on average. That is the answer to this question.

Fortunately, many people will see cross gen games, no BC, and GTA V on existing consoles. In Dec 2013, why would a gamer want hardware with a few games when he could have all of them?

#7 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:37 AM

Pachter, contradictory much?

The Wii didn't have Battlefield or Grand Theft Auto yet it outsold every other console of the last generation and is the second-best selling home console to the PS2.

Now, the Wii U won't sell as much as the Wii (which was a fluke really) due to many people who bought a Wii bought it as the first console they ever owned, it is much harder to get people to buy a follow up to something if they are the kind of people who don't really care about having a new console as the Wii is fine and has all the games (at the moment). The Wii U also cannot win anybody over who already has a 360 or PS3 as it offers much the same games, but not all of them and it costs a lot to buy outright. We will have to wait for the other two consoles to come out to really find out what happens, as the early launch of the 360 showed us. And by that time, the Wii U will have two Mario games, Sonic, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101 and Donkey Kong.

TLDR? It will get interesting this Christmas.

Bring the noise.

#8 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:12 AM

lol, pachter. 95% track record of being hilariously wrong. Well, with his public shenanigans.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#9 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:18 AM

Why would someone buy a wii u pachter says. Well, I love Nintendo games and I love free online. That's why.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#10 ugguy

ugguy

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • NNID:uglyguy

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:51 AM

I bought a Wii U because I want to play mario games, Zelda games, Pikmin games, Mario and Sonic games etc which you wouldn't be able to play on a PS or XBox.

Edited by ugguy, 05 July 2013 - 06:51 AM.

#11 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:52 AM

Michael Pachter just does this for hits now and you guys fall for his moronic antics. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#12 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:46 AM

I bought a Wii u BC I love Nintendo products. As mentioned above, Nintendo has sold 4 million units with a small line up of titles- by Xmas it will have a compelling selection and imo, third parties will develop BC the numbers will be there. I'll bet that ps4 and xbone have their share of launch issues too.

#13 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:04 PM

3rd part isn't bothering me right now. They only 3rd party game i've been happy with this year is Injustice and tomb raider. and the only 2 Im excited for are watch dogs, batman origins and sonic, all of which are on wii-u. 

In general, i need the 3rd party companies to make better games.

for me, EA has nothing to offer me, for the most part neither does activision. Am kinda sad no 2k for wii-u though.

On the flip side, i have no 1st part games to look forward to this year on my Vita or PS3, nor the PS4 which is why I wont be buying day one.

#14 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:36 PM

Patchers right this time, Nintendo screwed up this gen or should that be last gen, Miyamoto has even said that Nintendo's own teams have had problems getting to grips with HD gaming, come on now what sort of a lame excuse is that ?

http://mynintendonew...es-than-before/

#15 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

Patchers right this time, Nintendo screwed up this gen or should that be last gen, Miyamoto has even said that Nintendo's own teams have had problems getting to grips with HD gaming, come on now what sort of a lame excuse is that ?

http://mynintendonew...es-than-before/

That unfamiliarity with HD game creation only lasts so long.  Even as it is some of the games coming out look fantastic.  Retgardless of that fact, Nintendo still make great games, and games will sell the system.

Pachter said that Nintendo games were the only reason anyone bought an NES (it was a Nintendo delivery system).  While that is correct sales wise, it isn't correct with regard to support from other developers and publishers.  NES had plenty of third party games, though none sold anywhere near as well as Nintendo games save for Megaman and a few others.

Pachter made the same idiotic comments regarding the 3DS, and has only given a cursory mention that he "may have been wrong" about it.  He still doesn't even acknowledge its existence most of the time, because its a prime example of how moronic his predictions are.  The guy is definitely not an impartial person, and he flaunts his bias regularly.

#16 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

Why would anyone employ Michael Fudge Pachter?

#17 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:59 PM

Doubt patched has even played a Wii u, much less the demos of the new games. 30m 3ds sold- I'll bet a good chunk of them will be interested in these titles when they come out later this year and early 2014.

#18 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:18 PM

Who listens to this guy seriously? He is a fool.

#19 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:19 PM

Why would anyone buy a Wii U?

Well, I'm a fan of Nintendo franchises.
No sig.

#20 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:54 PM

Even a broken clock is right 2 times a day.

We may not like him, but he may be right this time. There will be no need to own a Wii U unless you love the 1st party games. The PS4 offers so much more for a very good price.

I have had my Wii U since day one and overall it has been a very disappointing experience. Going to cancel my Wonderful 101 pre-order and get Infamous Second Son instead. Too bad 101 didn't come out in December like it was supposed to.Pikmin 3 should be out by 2014 I figure. So forget that one too.

Nintendo screwed themselves with inferior hardware and lackluster games.

The only hope they have is s 3ds style price cut for the holidays.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!