• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 ccusack

ccusack

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:39 PM

Is there any wiiu gameplay footage out there? How much of a difference do you think there will be between the two? I pre ordered it on WiiU cause I really want Nintendo to be successful and gain more third party support. I for sure will be buying a PS4 for sure. No Xbox1

#2 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

The visuals should be the same.

But there will be more scripted things going on in the background on ps4.

Watch dogs isn't a graphical tour de force or anything but it is a nice looking game.

The only reason there would be a difference in visuals is if the wii u is artificially limited.

The gpu is capable of plenty more than watch dogs aims for. The ram bandwidth far exceeds anything in the scope of watch dogs. And the CPU is capable of tying it all together.

Time will tell how the wii u version makes it through the various political stages of development.

#3 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

i don't think there will be much of a difference between the two versions. Remember that Watch Dogs is also coming out on PS3. I doubt there is even going to be a major difference between the PS3 and PS4 versions.

I do think that Watch Dogs on the WIiU will be one of the best if not best version available. Since the game revolves a lot around your smartphone hacking the city that gives plenty of interesting features that could be used for the Gamepad. The touch screen could just be the smartphone and that in itself would be a great feature that could have a lot of potential in making the game better.

zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#4 ccusack

ccusack

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

Thanks! Both comments have re assured me that I will be getting the wiiu version. And yeah the game pad fits perfectly for the game! Can't wait.

#5 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

From a graphical standpoint, the PS4 will most likely have a slight edge. But gameplay, wii u will win hands down. This is a game that will benefit greatly from a second screen, and I have a feeling once you play it on wii u, it will be nearly unplayable on the other systems. Hopefully Ubi takes advantage of this opportunity! I will support this game for wii u, but they have to come through with it, I don't want a half assed 360 port with a mini map on the screen. I want something that makes me say WOW!

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#6 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

From a graphical standpoint, the PS4 will most likely have a slight edge. But gameplay, wii u will win hands down. This is a game that will benefit greatly from a second screen, and I have a feeling once you play it on wii u, it will be nearly unplayable on the other systems. Hopefully Ubi takes advantage of this opportunity! I will support this game for wii u, but they have to come through with it, I don't want a half assed 360 port with a mini map on the screen. I want something that makes me say WOW!

Yeah that's what I'm saying. I really want this game on the WiiU, but they really need to do something with the Gamepad. I want something so good that it will make playing the other versions boring after experiencing the WiiU one.

zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#7 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

Idk.

But I did switch my ps3 preorder to Wii u because I want to support the Wii u and ac3 look nice. So I don't doubt the Wii u watchdogs will look good. I know it will.

I think the ps4 will look better tho. Just more room to play, so to speak.

And if I could get a ps4 I would because it would bring the vita back to life and have off screen play. But no ps4 for me until next yr.

So I'll enjoy the Wii u of screen play.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#8 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

They only showed PC and PS4 they never once showed the current gen consoles or Xbox one.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#9 ccusack

ccusack

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:19 PM

Good info. Appreciate it. I'm feeling the same way for splinter cell but haven't really got into those games since the original.

Good info. Appreciate it. I'm feeling the same way for splinter cell but haven't really got into those games since the original.

#10 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:38 PM

There is nothing put out there by Ubisoft for me to believe this game will be visually anything more than a 360 port. They have came out and raved about ps4 and xb1 version and what the consoles can do. If Wii U version was at alll close wouldn't they mention it along with them as its a "next gen" console also. Please giys I've seen it too many times don't set your self up for disappointment. Just hope they do something interesting with the gamepad because that's all they will focus on. Splinter cell comes out in a month and haven't heard developers say anything positive about Wii U version or about using the consoles strenghts over ps360. At this point developers are OK with Wii U games running at parity with ps360 ita a job well done on their part.I mean we all can hope but the signals they are giving say other wise.

#11 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:57 PM

There's no guaranteeing the Wii U version won't be a lazy port. I'll most likely be buying the PS4 or PC version for the extra gameplay.

Edited by Eddie, 14 July 2013 - 08:57 PM.

#12 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:15 PM

If it's anything like that AC3 port than i might consider cancelling my preorder, i personally haven't had a good experience with that game.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#13 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:23 PM

If it's anything like that AC3 port than i might consider cancelling my preorder, i personally haven't had a good experience with that game.

Anything is possible.... But I just have a bad feeling. There is so much potential this game on Wii U and I just think ubi is gonna waste it. Am I wrong to want a console with 1GB of ram to get a better looking game than a console with 512mb.... At least you can do is use the ram available to give us a better game even if you don't know then ends and outs of the EDRAM and CPU caches.

Edited by GAMER1984, 14 July 2013 - 10:24 PM.

#14 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:42 AM

I don't think there's any Wii U specific footage for Watch Dogs. Yet...

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#15 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:47 AM

I don't think there's any Wii U specific footage for Watch Dogs. Yet...

There was that 5 second clip they showed on the E3 Nintendo direct, the buttons do match up with the ones on the controller but it could possibly be the Xbox version. I doubt Nintendo would include footage from the xbox/1 or PS3/4 versions in the Nintendo direct.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#16 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:57 AM

There was that 5 second clip they showed on the E3 Nintendo direct, the buttons do match up with the ones on the controller but it could possibly be the Xbox version. I doubt Nintendo would include footage from the xbox/1 or PS3/4 versions in the Nintendo direct.

Might have been running on PC... But yeah, the buttons do match up, so they're at least using a pro controller.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#17 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:59 PM

I'm getting the PS4 version at the moment but if the Wii U version proves to be about the same I will get it on Wii U.

#18 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:38 PM

I'm getting the PS4 version at the moment but if the Wii U version proves to be about the same I will get it on Wii U.

I hope it's the same on Wii U.

#19 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

They've used PS360 footage at E3 2011, so they could've used Xbox 1 footage.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#20 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:59 PM

lets just dont get hopes up and wait until we see Wii U specific gameplay. like Splinter cell blacklist comes out in 20 days and we havent had a Wii U specific direct feed footage demo.... wonder why? Wii U will be an amazing console for games developed exclusive for it...other than that you are SOL. thats what im expecting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!