• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:58 AM

My concern is whether the online experience on the Wii U version will be the same as that on the other consoles.

#22 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:58 AM

My concern is whether the online experience on the Wii U version will be the same as that on the other consoles.

There's no reason it shouldn't be.

Of course that doesn't rule out that wii u will miss out features and online components because "wii u"

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#23 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:07 AM

There's no reason it shouldn't be.
Of course that doesn't rule out that wii u will miss out features and online components because "wii u"

That was my point. The online infrastructure on the Wii U isn't as robust as it is on the other consoles and the seemless transition between single player and multiplayer is a big focus of this game.

#24 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:27 AM

I dont think there is any realtime footage of wii u watchdogs. I remember seeing it on an nd, but it was just the same footage used for the game in general.

But id wait awhile before attempting to make any comparison, a lot of ps4 demos that wowed people when shown on pc devkits have seen serious downgrades so far when transitioning to ps4.

Id wait until everything levelf off.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#25 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

I'm going to get the Wii U version regardless since it will at least be the same as Xbox 360 and I'm not buying any of the other next-gen consoles at the moment.

#26 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:07 PM

lets just dont get hopes up and wait until we see Wii U specific gameplay. like Splinter cell blacklist comes out in 20 days and we havent had a Wii U specific direct feed footage demo.... wonder why? Wii U will be an amazing console for games developed exclusive for it...other than that you are SOL. thats what im expecting

Nintendo did release a trailer on their Youtube page, I would be pretty confident in saying that it was likely direct feed from the WiiU version.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#27 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:44 AM

This is meant to be near enough current gen quality. It's basically off development hardware but at the detail level expected for 360 and PS3.

In the past such videos were a bit optimistic for performance so you can probably expect ps3 or 360 to perform slightly worse but we shall see.

I'm not expecting much from the wii u to be honest, I think it will struggle to match the 360 and PS3 versions visually and in frame rates as was the case with Assasin's Creed 3 on wii u. I think even though the developers may have improved the level of performance they can get out fo the wii u now slightly this will be offset by greater use of the gamepad in the wii u version.

#28 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:59 PM

ok so watch dogs is basically plugging ANONYMOUS into the game. that's soooo rad

#29 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:08 PM

I will probably get the PS4 version instead due to a larger online community. At least it is good to see that the Wii U port won't look too underpowered.

ok so watch dogs is basically plugging ANONYMOUS into the game. that's soooo rad

The name reminds me of Lulzec which is a defunct hacktivist group.

Signature_DK.png

#30 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:46 AM

I will probably get the PS4 version instead due to a larger online community. At least it is good to see that the Wii U port won't look too underpowered.

I don't think you are even able to select who goes into your world, I believe it will be just at random. There will probably be a decent enough online community, i doubt that you will ever see the same player twice.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#31 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

yeah yeah that's what i meant

#32 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

I will probably get the PS4 version instead due to a larger online community.

Looks like you lost 1 potential player then, because I've it pre-ordered for wii u.
:'( poor you.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#33 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

I'm not getting the wii u version simply because I want to play it online heaps, and generally in most games on the wii u that have online there is barely anyone to play with.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#34 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:15 PM

Yeah, I think the Wii U has plummeted hard from what I think it should have set itself out to be in terms of a strong online unit. It feels more of it's online capacity is directed to things that aren't within the games themselves.

I'm going to be getting Watch_Dogs for PS4, simply because I know the online community will be stronger. This is just my general intuition from just using devices from Nintendo and Sony.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#35 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:31 AM

In this page alone you'd have 4 other people to play watch dogs with.
You're causing the very problem you're complaining about.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#36 Zombies8MyDuck

Zombies8MyDuck

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Zombies8MyDuck
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:50 AM

I was thinking about buying this but i dont 100% understand what it is... Does it have a story?

#37 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:40 AM

Looks better than i thought,think i may get this for the ps4

#38 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:48 AM

I was thinking about buying this but i dont 100% understand what it is... Does it have a story?

Basically my understanding is you make the game what you want it to be. You hack, you spy, you gather info, and you can do as you please and make yourself the good guy or bad guy. You can tap bank accounts, listen to phone calls, hack into webcams, intervene in criminal activity etc.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#39 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:13 AM

Yeah it has a story.
Some guy is a hackser and his family was done killt so he is all pewpewpew hacks the planet and is pewpewpew other peoples.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#40 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:29 AM

Yeah it has a story.
Some guy is a hackser and his family was done killt so he is all pewpewpew hacks the planet and is pewpewpew other peoples.

hahahaha!

This post made my day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!