RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • NNID:RetroBlast
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Zelda, Ricochet Infinity

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:23 AM

Many are trashing Mario World 3D saying it is not what they really wanted ... They wanted Galaxy 3.

I for one am very happy with Mario World 3D ... I am currently playing Mario Land 3D on the 3DS XL and am really enjoying it.  I like the games isometric perspective and I like playing it with the 3D effects on High.

I believe that Nintendo not only needs more time to develop a Galaxy game simply from a development perspective ... it has to be more labor intensive than an isometric game.  But also, traditionally, 2D Mario games sell more than 3D Mario games, so until the user base is expanded, it may not make sense to release a 3D Mario game yet.

But I really wish that Super Mario World 3D was actually in 3D ... I have a 55 inch 3D TV and have enjoyed many games in 3D for the PS3 ... So I think it would be awesome if Nintendo came out with some Active (Battery Powered) 3D Glasses with the release of Mario World 3D ... that would be amazing !!!

Attached Thumbnails

• active3dglasses.jpg

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

#2 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:31 AM

Is making a game 3D compatible really worthwhile? I don't know how much extra time/money it would take (if any) but generally 3D TVs are pretty unpopular at the moment. Maybe when they introduce glasses-free 3D TV people will have more interest in them.

#3 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:54 AM

Nintendo have stated that the Wii U is capable of 3D, all they pretty would do is have to send an update out to unlock it. 3D TVs aren't popular right now, I have a LG 60 Inch 3D TV and its just a gimmick. Maybe they'll do it when the 3DS is close to death and 3D TVs become the norm/cheaper.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#4 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:11 AM

i dont, i cant even see 3d so it wouldnt matter if i was playing it on my wii u or 3ds. plus, if it was on the wii u, they wont add those annoying puzzles that make it easier for you to do with 3d on

Edited by SPG, 21 July 2013 - 09:12 AM.

wa3Nq7j.png

#5 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:15 AM

You sure it's not?

Ac3 is 3d but they didn't have any ads for it.

I found it in the option and turn it on and played it 

I think cod has it also but that might be the ps3 ver only.

I got a few 3d games bit they dontbreally do much for me. I watch a lot of 3d movies tho.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#6 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:42 AM

I don't personally have a 3D TV, but my cousins do. I played a few games in 3D, and watched part of a movie in 3D. The 3D was absolutely terrible, like most movies in the theaters now.

• Doc likes this

#7 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:45 AM

I don't personally have a 3D TV, but my cousins do. I played a few games in 3D, and watched part of a movie in 3D. The 3D was absolutely terrible, like most movies in the theaters now.

To each there own.

3d movies look 10x better then normal movoes. 

Video games tho don't really add anything.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#8 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:51 AM

To each there own.

3d movies look 10x better then normal movoes. 

Video games tho don't really add anything.

You could easily be right, I didn't see much of movies/TV but more of games.

#9 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:12 AM

Many of the 3D games I have played on the PS3 really enhanced the game such as Zen Pinball 2 , Crysis, Uncharted, and Ratchet & Clank.

I really think the type of 3D used makes a big difference too, I think active 3D is the best.

Edited by RETROBLAST, 21 July 2013 - 10:53 AM.

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

#10 IvyT

IvyT

Blooper

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • NNID:IvyTamwood
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

Imo, 3D is still a gimmick and one that doesn't really work that well yet. The 3D on the 3DS is only impressive because they managed to do it without glasses... and if I was to buy a 3D TV, it would have to be glasses-free too.

I think Nintendo could easily incorporate 3D into the game but it's probably just not on their list of priorities since 3D TV are just not that popular yet. Remember how Nintendo decided to not go HD with the Wii because by that time HDTV's were still not widespread yet?

978478ba3d3649b2a57100410081a33a-d3aghdp

Now Playing: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

NNID: IvyTamwood PSN: Regithiel

#11 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

I seriously doubt there will be 3D TVs without glasses for an extremely long time ... This is because of the sweet spot needed and only possible with a hand held due to distance from the device (very short distance), it simply will not work with a TV and the distance you sit from one.

The term Gimmick seems to be thrown around quite a lot these days and carries a negative tone ... There are many that say the Nintendo Wii, the Wii U, and the 3DS are all Gimmicks because of the use of the Wiimote,the Wii U touch pad controller, and 3D effect without glasses.

Call me crazy, but if every system that Nintendo has come out with recently is a Gimmick then I guess I love Gimmicks, especially when it comes to gaming.

#12 IvyT

IvyT

Blooper

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • NNID:IvyTamwood
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:01 AM

I seriously doubt there will be 3D TVs without glasses for an extremely long time ... This is because of the sweet spot needed and only possible with a hand held due to distance from the device (very short distance), it simply will not work with a TV and the distance you sit from one.

The term Gimmick seems to be thrown around quite a lot these days and carries a negative tone ... There are many that say the Nintendo Wii, the Wii U, and the 3DS are all Gimmicks because of the use of the Wiimote,the Wii U touch pad controller, and 3D effect without glasses.

Call me crazy, but if every system that Nintendo has come out with recently is a Gimmick then I guess I love Gimmicks, especially when it comes to gaming.

Well, until then, you're not convincing me to get a 3D TV. But that's just my opinion.

And yeah, those are all gimmicks but gimmicks can be good. 3D is a gimmick too but imo it's a bad one. I don't enjoy it on movies, I think it's pretty much pointless and I've given up on paying extra every time I go to the movies to see the 3D version. Again, it's just my opinion. I know a lot of people who enjoy it.

978478ba3d3649b2a57100410081a33a-d3aghdp

Now Playing: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

NNID: IvyTamwood PSN: Regithiel

#13 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:10 AM

Theoretically, couldn't they use what Nintendo is using? A 3D sheet over the screen? 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#14 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:11 AM

I agree that most 3D movies are not good and this is mostly due to the fact that the 3D effect is tagged on to movies that were not specifically designed for 3D in the first place.

The same happens with games ... If you tag on 3D to a game that was not designed for it, it will not have as big of an impact as a game that was desingned for it ....

Now when you look at Mario Land 3D, that game was designed for 3D from the get go and the 3D effect really ads to the game. Because 3D world is based on that game, I would love to play it in real 3D as well.

Edited by RETROBLAST, 21 July 2013 - 11:14 AM.

#15 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

Many are trashing Mario World 3D saying it is not what they really wanted ... They wanted Galaxy 3.

I for one am very happy with Mario World 3D ... I am currently playing Mario Land 3D on the 3DS XL and am really enjoying it. I like the games isometric perspective and I like playing it with the 3D effects on High.

I believe that Nintendo not only needs more time to develop a Galaxy game simply from a development perspective ... it has to be more labor intensive than an isometric game. But also, traditionally, 2D Mario games sell more than 3D Mario games, so until the user base is expanded, it may not make sense to release a 3D Mario game yet.

But I really wish that Super Mario World 3D was actually in 3D ... I have a 55 inch 3D TV and have enjoyed many games in 3D for the PS3 ... So I think it would be awesome if Nintendo came out with some Active (Battery Powered) 3D Glasses with the release of Mario World 3D ... that would be amazing !!!

Because 3D is a feature people don't like on the 3DS, I doubt we'll see 3D on the Wii U.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#16 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:52 PM

Of the 3DS owners out there, lets hear if you like the 3D aspect of the system, I for one do.

#17 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:15 PM

Of the 3DS owners out there, lets hear if you like the 3D aspect of the system, I for one do.

No one really uses 3D on the 3DS anymore...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#18 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

No one really uses 3D on the 3DS anymore...

I do. 

#19 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:48 PM

I certainly do but I did not get my 3DS until the XL model came out ... I can't imagine looking at the regular version's screen, 3D effect or not.

#20 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

I think they basically created 3D World as a port/remake of the 3DS version. the controls should be identical.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!