Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:01 AM

Hey, remember Super Smash Bros. Brawl? Remember the Subspace Emissary adventure mode? Did you see the CG cutscenes? Well, thanks to spoilers, you won't have any of those in the upcoming Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U and 3DS.

In his bi-weekly column in Weekly FamitsuSuper Smash Bros. creator Masahiro Sakurai revealed some new details about the upcoming game. One major detail he covered was the exclusion of a story mode and CG cutscenes and his reasons behind it.

In the previous game, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, the development team took advantage of the rare occasion of having multiple different series' characters all appear in the same game, so they painstakingly created a special story called the Subspace Emissary, complete with cutscenes for players to enjoy. It was a project that obviously took a lot of thought, time, and energy. And then, the obvious happened...

"Unfortunately, the movie scenes we worked hard to create were uploaded onto the internet." Sakurai lamented. "You can only truly wow a player the first time he sees [a cutscene]. I felt if players saw the cutscenes outside of the game, they would no longer serve as rewards for playing the game, so I've decided against having them."

RELATED

k-small.jpg

Super Smash Bros.' Creator Breaks Down All That's New in the Game

Super Smash Bros. had me giggling all day with the inclusion of the Wii Fit Trainer—unlike Fahey, I find that to be an inspired choice by Masahrio… Read…

Rather than letting a setback ruin things completely, Sakurai has focused on having video sequences that would instead potentially benefit by being spread around. This has led to the new character intro video sequences for the Villager, Mega Man, and the Wii Fit Trainer. Sakurai expressed a desire to make similar videos for all subsequent new characters.

While there will be no story mode, Sakurai assured that the 3DS version would include a feature that would "act as a separate mode from the standard versus play."

In terms of features that will be added instead of taken away, Sakurai revealed that the 3DS and Wii U versions would have different stages. The 3DS version will have more portable game-themed stages while the Wii U version will have more home console game-themed stages. Sakurai did not specify whether all the stages would be different.

Finally, Sakurai noted that there will be some form of character customizability in the game. This customization will alter character performance, though in what way is still unclear. Sakurai is also considering a way to allow players to use customizations from their 3DS versions in their Wii U versions of the game.

Sadly, there was not enough space in Sakurai's column to allow him to talk about online play. Another topic for another time, I guess.

http://kotaku.com/th...-or-c-906856304

I'm fine with this. The SSE sucked and was boring. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:08 AM

I disagree, I thought the best thing about brawl was SSE. It gave it that story appeal that Adventure mode in Melee didn't have. This news, while old, saddens me...

I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#3 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:09 AM

POPULAR

I'm fine with that.  As long as they keep Classic mode, Event Matches, and some sort of Adventure Mode, like in Melee.

#4 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:19 AM

Why has this popped up again, it was all over the internet and miiverse, i mean he already said this last month! We already knew this!

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#5 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:34 AM

Why has this popped up again, it was all over the internet and miiverse, i mean he already said this last month! We already knew this!

Sites likes getting hits? 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#6 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:54 AM

I'm perfectly fine with this. The story/adventure modes were boring and repetitive. I only play multiplayer anyway. And I'll find my time mostly playing online, after I unlock any characters.

#7 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:29 AM

Melee's Adventure mode was cooler IMO. The cutscenes were pretty cool, but they took up disc space that could've been used in better ways.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#8 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:50 AM

**unplugs wii u and drives it to the thrift shop** Screw Sakarai! Take your f*£€+ng time with the game and give us everything! Few new characters, no awesome story mode, and half a**ed graphics! Guess who won't be buying this game. Me. I love the SSE and it was te main reason I was looking forward to this game.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#9 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:03 PM

If I had to choose between Melee's Adventure mode, and Brawl's Subspace Emissary, I'd choose Adventure mode any day of the week. As fun as SSE was, I enjoyed Adventure mode much more. I remember how much fun I had defeating all 5 Links in the hyrule dungeon, or trying not to get run over and KO'd by the F-Zero racers on Big Blue, before finally taking on Bowser (or Giga Bowser if I didn't continue on normal)..

Edited by SDDMN, 25 July 2013 - 12:05 PM.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#10 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:09 PM

I'll take Adventure Mode over SSE any day. SSE wasn't that great, IMO. AM was hectic, fast, and not complicated. For anyone who asks, yes I've beat SSBB's SSE. 

#11 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:13 PM

**unplugs wii u and drives it to the thrift shop** Screw Sakarai! Take your f*£€+ng time with the game and give us everything! Few new characters, no awesome story mode, and half a**ed graphics! Guess who won't be buying this game. Me. I love the SSE and it was te main reason I was looking forward to this game.

Good for you. Assuming things when we don't know that much about the game.

#12 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:20 PM

Why would you assume this one would have an SSE mode? There's your problem right there. Also, few new characters? We don't even have a full roster yet. Damn, someone's rushing to make assumptions!

#13 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

Some people think character unlocks are the same reward as getting a cutscenes "treat."

So not sure where the market is ATM.

Character unlocks have been standard fare for a long time. But if no one cares about cutscenes then Nintendo will gladly "get" that message.

#14 killianx

killianx

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:52 AM

Copied this from my other thread:

So I just read where SSB WiiU is dropping the story mode?! if so this means I am not gonna buy a WiiU at all! I thought the Brawl Story was Epic! Having all those characters in one story was great! It was the "Avengers" for Nintendo! It seems like the only reason for dropping it is a lashing out toward the customers because some people put the cut scenes on YT! I expected better from Nintendo!

#15 ThePopiPenguin

ThePopiPenguin

Little Blue Penguin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • NNID:PowpiPenguin
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and Valve

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

Ummm. I think there might be a story mode but with no cut-scenes aside from Char. Intros and the essentials. So kinda like Tekken in terms of a "story mode" as in with intros, endings, rivals, etc. After all, Namco is working on this game.

NintNetwork: PowpiPenguin | Steam: PopiPenguin| LoL Philippines: PCD.Fencing.Cat |Guild Wars 2: Argath Stormseeker

"And on the first day, GabeN, our lord and saviour said: There shall be games!"

#16 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:47 AM

Oh, boo hoo. A fighting game doesn't have a story, so I'm not going to buy it or a Wii U. Nothing about Brawl's story mode was epic. It was a bunch of repetitive platforming and monster killing, with cutscenes slapped together. Nintendo should focus on the more important aspects, the gameplay and multiplayer options. This isn't a story-based game and never will be.

Edited by Gaymer, 03 August 2013 - 10:48 AM.

#17 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:42 PM

I don't remember a story in any Super Smash title, unless people are talking about your typical generic "story mode" that most fighting games have that make absolutely no logical sense at all and people tend to skip every cut-scene and dialogue. 

#18 Zok

Zok

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:24 PM

I'm scared that Sakurai cut content out because he's working on two Smash Bros. at once.

I don't really like how he's pouting over the internet revealing his videos. 

#19 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:29 PM

only thing i care about in this is there is alot less easily unlocked characters like brawl.

#20 killianx

killianx

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:27 PM

Nintendo is on its way out of the Console Market and will just become a 3rd party publisher if they have a mentality of letting one guy pouting offer a less than stellar product. The selling point of SSB has always been seeing the all the N characters in one game and the more Story they offered the more intriguing it was. To say SSB is just a fighting game is not a winning argument because there are other games that do a better job at being "just a fighting game"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!