Photo

Pikmin 3, Does it do anything superior to ps360?

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#41 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

NO IT DOSNT LOOK THE SAME IN MOTION lol those screen shots look loads better than what i have seen of the game in motion,just look at the vid that matey posted of pikmin 3 then look at the screens,in motion it looks nothing special at all,just ok,it may be in game screen shots of the game but looks much worse when actually being played,i havnt played it but seen loads of vids of it being played and im not that impressed with it graphically from what ive seen in said vids.

That doesn't make any sense. You're comparing poor quality videos to in-game screenshots that were posted on Miiverse? Have you seen the game in person on a reasonably sized HDTV screen? Nope, you've just watched videos online. 3dude is right, your argument is entirely flawed.

#42 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

To Jude you will always need a great tv and setup and see it in person.
I have seen game play of games online and they look like crap and then I get the game and play it on my tv and its great.
Also I think. A few of the pikmin 3 screen shots where of pre rener videos. May have been grab and post to miiver form in game but still it's a movie.

Either way the graphic are next gen and you can see a big jump from pikmin 2 to pikmin 3
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#43 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

To Jude you will always need a great tv and setup and see it in person.
I have seen game play of games online and they look like crap and then I get the game and play it on my tv and its great.
Also I think. A few of the pikmin 3 screen shots where of pre rener videos. May have been grab and post to miiver form in game but still it's a movie.

Either way the graphic are next gen and you can see a big jump from pikmin 2 to pikmin 3

No, No pre rendered movies. Its all in game, all realtime. The visuals are just inconsistant and range from, looks great from above, but meh in first person, to some people think its cg and not in game.

zlCfzRDVwv8r15fEuZ_zps4408c2e5.jpg

This is real time in game first person screen of pikmin 3 the views so nice, people dont like pikmin photoboming it, so-

zlCfzREcWuIyh6fTlo_zps6a7a1c34.jpg

They leave them on the back side to snap the pic.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#44 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:27 PM

Pikmin 3 looks fantastic, I may play it someday (it's in my bedroom, but it's my brother's copy of the game).

But I know what will happen, I never really got into Pikmin on the Gamecube, so I doubt I will now.

Damn my predictability.

Bring the noise.

#45 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

No, No pre rendered movies. Its all in game, all realtime. The visuals are just inconsistant and range from, looks great from above, but meh in first person, to some people think its cg and not in game.

zlCfzRDVwv8r15fEuZ_zps4408c2e5.jpg

This is real time in game first person screen of pikmin 3 the views so nice, people dont like pikmin photoboming it, so-

zlCfzREcWuIyh6fTlo_zps6a7a1c34.jpg

They leave them on the back side to snap the pic.

Then that's great.

I do know that the way pikmin plays is that the background can just be a hi res image file /3ds model since it does lil movement but either way this is great.

I still got about 4days before Its n my hands.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#46 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:58 PM

well maybe im wrong then lol as i havnt seen the game running on a wii u on my tv but from the vids it looks pritty pants lol and nothing like those screen shots

#47 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:28 PM

Stop it. It's pretty obvious the game doesn't look as good as in those snapshots, it's a trick to promote it at MiiVerse and at places like this one. That doesn't mean it's not pretty though.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#48 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:01 AM

Stop it. It's pretty obvious the game doesn't look as good as in those snapshots, it's a trick to promote it at MiiVerse and at places like this one. That doesn't mean it's not pretty though.
How is this even possible? How are average people including little children posting on miiverse somehow in on a conspiracy to make fake better looking screens of pikmin 3?

That doesnt even make sense.

Those areas just look that good. Thats why people take pictures of them.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#49 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:18 AM

How is this even possible? How is every person posting on miiverse somehow in on a conspiracy to make fake better looking screens of pikmin 3?

That doesnt even make sense.

Those areas just look that good. Thats why people take pictures of them.

It's just that edges and shadows look much better in those pictures than they really do when seen from your in-game perspective as a player. And not all pictures on MiiVerse are nearly as good as the ones posted above.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#50 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:27 AM

It's just that edges and shadows look much better in those pictures than they really do when seen from your in-game perspective as a player. And not all pictures on MiiVerse are nearly as good as the ones posted above.

Different times and weather conditions. Rain makes for very nice changes in texture detail, and softens edges.

And of COURSE not all areas or screens look as good, thats the same for EVERY GAME.
959038_20091030_screen008.jpg
OMG N64 GROUND TEXTURES!!!!

Why would you want to concentrate on the worst looking parts found in every single game ever made?

What sense does that even make?

The screens are directly representative of whats seen in game, as EVERY PICTURE IVE POSTED has come from a Japanese miiverse post taken from a real person playing the game. Some of the best ones come from a 10 year old little girl. Kids got a great eye, but I seriously doubt shes spearheading a bullshot conspiracy like you implied.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#51 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:21 AM

Yes, all in game screenshots. The current in game weather also effects lighting and texturing, ie if its raining, stuff gets wet.

Great comparison, forgot all about overlord.

2007-07-08-21-11-10-12S.jpg
1242980231.jpg
1242912192.jpg

The Wii could run that game with lowered resolution textures and maybe less poly's. There's a Wii version right?

Anyway, that's pretty cool that that one screenshot was in-game. Some parts of the game look amazing while others look bland... but it's only a ported Wii game after all.

No sig.

#52 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:03 AM

The Wii could run that game with lowered resolution textures and maybe less poly's. There's a Wii version right?

Anyway, that's pretty cool that that one screenshot was in-game. Some parts of the game look amazing while others look bland... but it's only a ported Wii game after all.

Overlord Dark legend on wii yes.

29899_Overlord_Wii_Fairytale_Screens_1-n

Very nice job for a wii game, even had projected and self shadowing. Climax built this engine ground up for wii. I heavily suspect Climax used a further optimized version of this engine for silent hill shattered memories.

And yeah, Pikmin 3 is very inconsistant. Nintendo clearly didnt have the human resources necessary to mantain that consistant high quality throughout the project.

Just going through the credits, theres only around 120 people on this project. And thats counting repeats (I... cant remember japanese names well enough to discount repeats) and the test and demo team.

Thats literally a fraction of what AAA games on ps360 get, Halo 4 had near 500 on the dev team.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#53 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:21 AM

Overlord Dark legend on wii yes.

29899_Overlord_Wii_Fairytale_Screens_1-n

Very nice job for a wii game, even had projected and self shadowing. Climax built this engine ground up for wii. I heavily suspect Climax used a further optimized version of this engine for silent hill shattered memories.

And yeah, Pikmin 3 is very inconsistant. Nintendo clearly didnt have the human resources necessary to mantain that consistant high quality throughout the project.

Just going through the credits, theres only around 120 people on this project. And thats counting repeats (I... cant remember japanese names well enough to discount repeats) and the test and demo team.

Thats literally a fraction of what AAA games on ps360 get, Halo 4 had near 500 on the dev team.

TBH, the only big drawback to that game is the low-res of the Wii.

Anyway, with more recourses I think they could have made it look next-gen throughout the entire game which would have been great. The artwork of this game shows what Pikmin could look like with more realism.

No sig.

#54 erics

erics

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:19 PM

The fact that Pikmin 3 started out as a handheld game, then a Wii game, and now a Wii U game is intriguing.

I think the game looks fantastic for being bridged several times.

New Super Mario Bros. U, ZombiU, Darksiders II, Lego City Undercover, Little Inferno, New Super Luigi U, Earthbound, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, The Wonderful 101...

#55 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:42 PM

The "next-gen" this time is such a small leap it really makes no difference.

If you want to be technical, how does Pikman 3 compare on something like this. 

http://www.blogcdn.c.../ps4polygon.jpg

Is next gen basically the highest poly count? Or is next gen simply a game on a next gen console which Wii U technically is. 

Edited by EvilMoogle, 02 August 2013 - 09:49 PM.

#56 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:48 AM

The "next-gen" this time is such a small leap it really makes no difference.

If you want to be technical, how does Pikman 3 compare on something like this. 

http://www.blogcdn.c.../ps4polygon.jpg

Is next gen basically the highest poly count? Or is next gen simply a game on a next gen console which Wii U technically is.

That graph is nowhere remotely close to being the proper scale.

Dont know about pikmin 3, as no models have been ripped yet/we havent seen wireframes of in game models.

But Bayo 2's model has over 3x the polygons of the last entry on that graph.

But technically, since the term generation denotes a successor to a person/family/object in relation to time, and has nothing to do with power, your latter answer is correct.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#57 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

That graph is nowhere remotely close to being the proper scale.

Dont know about pikmin 3, as no models have been ripped yet/we havent seen wireframes of in game models.

But Bayo 2's model has over 3x the polygons of the last entry on that graph.

But technically, since the term generation denotes a successor to a person/family/object in relation to time, and has nothing to do with power, your latter answer is correct.

I consider Pikman 3 next generation. I find the thread confusing because the thread title is "Pikman 3 next gen?" and yet the question is "Has the Wii U released anything graphically superior to the 360/PS3?" two completely different questions.

Graphics technically have nothing to do with the way "next gen" is used in video game consoles. The Wii was considered next gen even though it wasn't nearly as powerful as the 360 or PS3 people still saw it as an upgrade from the GameCube. I believe title of thread needs rephrasing or clarification. 

#58 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:00 PM

I consider Pikman 3 next generation. I find the thread confusing because the thread title is "Pikman 3 next gen?" and yet the question is "Has the Wii U released anything graphically superior to the 360/PS3?" two completely different questions.

Graphics technically have nothing to do with the way "next gen" is used in video game consoles. The Wii was considered next gen even though it wasn't nearly as powerful as the 360 or PS3 people still saw it as an upgrade from the GameCube. I believe title of thread needs rephrasing or clarification.

This is quite true.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#59 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • NNID:RetroBlast
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Zelda, Ricochet Infinity

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:11 PM

I finally decided to pick this game up ... I was on the fence for a while but just ordered it today ... Also pre ordered Zelda, A Link Between Worlds and Super Mario World 3D ... I'll have to return with my thoughts once I play it.

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

#60 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:08 AM

I can personally attest to the awesomeness of pikmin 3 as im playing it right now. All of the screen shots are real time, the game is just freakin beautiful

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!