#441 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:34 AM

Iwata says that it "won't be cheap," but that depends on what his version of 'cheap' is, right?
I mean, $299.99 could be pricey, compared to what they normally like to set their price points at.

let's not vote $300 out just yet.

This is a good point. The Wii was very cheap compared to 360 and PS3 throughout all of it's lifespan, so to Nintendo, $299 is expensive.

Personally I think that if this rumour is true, along with the initial rumoured specs, then the Wii U will do great. Let's hope that this source is reliable.

Edited by Deadly Virus, 01 March 2012 - 10:34 AM.

Posted Image

#442 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

Iwata says that it "won't be cheap," but that depends on what his version of 'cheap' is, right?
I mean, $299.99 could be pricey, compared to what they normally like to set their price points at.

let's not vote $300 out just yet.

No he said compared to what the wii launched as. Wii launched at what 275. So if you are saying only 25 more you can see why that would be hard to believe. I'm thinking closer to 400.

#443 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:55 AM

Y THERE NO £ SIGN ON THAT PAGE!? :angry:

Then just use a converter. Like this one: http://www.google.com (the thing at the very top of the page)

Edited by GameCube, 01 March 2012 - 10:56 AM.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#444 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:11 AM

please let it be $350!! 300 is a little worryingly cheap, but if it does turn out to be 300, then i would expect that nintendo sacrificed profit as opposed to power, it really seems that they care about third party support next gen and future proofing their console. a company who has made the power house of ever gen will not lose that reputation just from one generation.
Posted Image

#445 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:23 AM

please let it be $350!! 300 is a little worryingly cheap, but if it does turn out to be 300, then i would expect that nintendo sacrificed profit as opposed to power, it really seems that they care about third party support next gen and future proofing their console. a company who has made the power house of ever gen will not lose that reputation just from one generation.

Let's hope not but like I said before Nintendo fans should prepare because this is Nintendo. A console 2x more powerful than ps3 isn't bad. My only concern is third party engines... It has to be powerful enough to run next gen engines to get the multiplatform titles.... If not I will be sad.

#446 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:29 AM

I'm merging this thread with the existing price discussion thread.

#447 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:46 AM

Let's hope not but like I said before Nintendo fans should prepare because this is Nintendo. A console 2x more powerful than ps3 isn't bad. My only concern is third party engines... It has to be powerful enough to run next gen engines to get the multiplatform titles.... If not I will be sad.

im honestly not worried about this, the third parties know that its gonna take beastly systems to run their next gen engines but they still chose to commit all key releases to wii u. meaning they think its powerful enough, eg. EA, Activision, Ubisoft
Posted Image

#448 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:06 PM

im honestly not worried about this, the third parties know that its gonna take beastly systems to run their next gen engines but they still chose to commit all key releases to wii u. meaning they think its powerful enough, eg. EA, Activision, Ubisoft

See that's the problem right there. People are getting excited over these games that have been announced so far. All these games are running on engines designed for ps360. What about the next gen engines. We haven't seen any exclusives built from ground up on wii u yet... Maybe killer freaks but even that looked like it could have been on ps360. I'm talking 2013-2017 game engines.

#449 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, RPGs, Nintendo, SE.

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:20 PM

The person probably was using an American key board. The American keyboards do not have the euro symbol.

It's British pound fyi ;)

Posted Image

#450 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:01 PM

See that's the problem right there. People are getting excited over these games that have been announced so far. All these games are running on engines designed for ps360. What about the next gen engines. We haven't seen any exclusives built from ground up on wii u yet... Maybe killer freaks but even that looked like it could have been on ps360. I'm talking 2013-2017 game engines.

im not talking about games though, im not talking about the already confirmed current gen games on wii u, im talking about commitments from EA, activision and ubisoft to develop games for the system and put all key franchises on the system
Posted Image

#451 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

im not talking about games though, im not talking about the already confirmed current gen games on wii u, im talking about commitments from EA, activision and ubisoft to develop games for the system and put all key franchises on the system

ok but im just not getting excited about assassins creed and darksiders and games like that. im not sure they are going to be far superior what the ps3 can do. but there was the one developers for thq that said the wii u version will be like having a blu-ray dvd vs standard visuals that are ps3 and 360.

#452 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

ok but im just not getting excited about assassins creed and darksiders and games like that. im not sure they are going to be far superior what the ps3 can do. but there was the one developers for thq that said the wii u version will be like having a blu-ray dvd vs standard visuals that are ps3 and 360.

there u go :P thats exactly what im talking about, its developer testamonies that are the best source of info on the wii u's power, and its looking to be future proof for next gen
Posted Image

#453 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

there u go :P thats exactly what im talking about, its developer testamonies that are the best source of info on the wii u's power, and its looking to be future proof for next gen

i just want VISUAL proff of what the Wii U can really do. im not going to get excited and my hopes up until im sure of what it can do. it all sounds good but i have been fooled before and im almost sure nintendo isnt going to give out the specs like a lot of people think. since gamecube they have held back on giving spec.... we still dont know truly how powerful the 3ds is.

#454 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:28 PM

i just want VISUAL proff of what the Wii U can really do. im not going to get excited and my hopes up until im sure of what it can do. it all sounds good but i have been fooled before and im almost sure nintendo isnt going to give out the specs like a lot of people think. since gamecube they have held back on giving spec.... we still dont know truly how powerful the 3ds is.

i see what ur saying, but in the end, it really doesnt matter if the developers don't make games that use the full potential :P so in the end, it all depends on the developers, the wii u could be a beast, but we would never find out, or it could be weak. but it all comes down to what developers do with it, and since developers are commiting to it, im convinced its powerful enough to take whatever they have in store for it.
Posted Image

#455 Jakester897

Jakester897

Spiny

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, Pikmin

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

Definitely $350. That's the perfect price point. It's cheap, but it's profitable for Nintendo, and with what that tablet controller can do it's worth it.
Posted Image
What we do is, if we ever need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
We put the volume up to eleven. One louder.

#456 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

Has anyone thought about how much a game for Wii U will cost. I remeber somewhere that they said Wii U games will be priced different from Wii. I sure hope not though. $50 dollars is enough, if it gets any higher it will be to much.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#457 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

Has anyone thought about how much a game for Wii U will cost. I remeber somewhere that they said Wii U games will be priced different from Wii. I sure hope not though. $50 dollars is enough, if it gets any higher it will be to much.

yes those are intresting things to think about. truth is with nintendo being the first to next gen a lot of what the others do will be based on what the Wii U price point is for the console and the games. nintendo has a chance to really shape what happens next gen for all gamers.

#458 Marc

Marc

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Fandom:
    Resident Evil, Zelda, Metroid, Mario

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:43 AM

All I know is that whatever the price...much funds will be spent on release day. I ain't just playing one game after launch :P and not by myself neither!
BANGIN!

My body is ready. ^_^

#459 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:23 AM

Chances are it'll just go up to $60, just like the other consoles.
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#460 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, RPGs, Nintendo, SE.

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:51 AM

Notification flood ._.