• Please log in to reply
706 replies to this topic

#681 Dougr

Dougr

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

I ended up getting the Wii U 8gb and 2 year warranty from Best Buy for about $400. My girlfriend then bought two games and a pro controller making the total spent around $550, but I traded in my PS3 and NHL 2013 copy for $180 in credit. Not the best trade in value, but I didn't feel like messing around on Craigslist so I took a $20 or so hit just by trading it in. Didn't play the PS3 anyway, so no real loss other than Hi Definition movie playing.

#682 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:06 AM

http://www.jbhifi.co...-wii-u-console/

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

For aussies looking to buy a Wii U! the basic model is $50 RRP off which means you can get it for the same price as the people in the US. The deluxe model doesn't have as much of a discount as the basic but still $30 off. Not only do you get a cheaper console but...

Posted Image

Great deal! So you could get the basic + tekken tag tournament 2 for $340.
"The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction." - Shigeru Miyamoto

#683 Spinal

Spinal

Blooper

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

Wii U ZombiU Bundle costs 635$ here in Norway. :)
Also games cost 88 dollars each. :)

it's even more expensive in Sweden...
ZombieU Bundle = 648,24 USD
Premium Pack = 602,96 USD
Basic Pack = 527,50 USD

games go for

60,22 USD - 120,59 USD

most of them cost 90,41 USD
Posted Image

#684 tshrimp

tshrimp

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

Why do people keep calling it the Wii 2? I know it technically is, but it makes me cringe xD

And because it is even worse the the name Wii. Why Nintendo Why do you insist on these names?

As for me I lucked into a deal. Trade in an older (non HDMI) Xbox360 that was sitting in the corner for $100 (Have newer HDMI version, so still have some good Xbox gaming available), so got the basic for $200 + Tax. To me 8GB or 32 didn't matter as neither one is enough, so have to install an HD anyway. Not much on party games, so Nintendo Land didn't matter to me either. I would rather have had the black color though and I read where you also get a 10% discount on online purchases (this is the one that ticks me off).

Thinking about selling mine though as a "Next Gen" system having CPU of 1.25ghz is down right insulting.

#685 Drazhar

Drazhar

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Fandom:
    Anything good

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:21 AM

Thinking about selling mine though as a "Next Gen" system having CPU of 1.25ghz is down right insulting.

why? are you telling me you brought this machine as a hardcore gamer machine? if yes, then you clearly dont know Nintendo.. and even if its CPU is a tad weak.. even tho not by much! but who cares?

the GPU smashes the ever living crap out of the current gen machines and the Ram is double that of the xbox 360 and quadruple that of the PS3 effective RAM.
and on top of all that it is!! new and it IS! different! that's the 2 main reasons i got mine.. and it will do for a year or 2 until the heavyweights from Sony and or M$ are released..  its only 299 bucks, its easily worth it and will hold its own at least until the true next gen arrives!

#686 tshrimp

tshrimp

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

why? are you telling me you brought this machine as a hardcore gamer machine? if yes, then you clearly dont know Nintendo.. and even if its CPU is a tad weak.. even tho not by much! but who cares?

I care. I understand Nintendo has not been much in the way of specs, but they are the ones who touted this would be a hard core game machine. At least that is what I get out of them going after the older gamers as they are the hardcore market.

the GPU smashes the ever living crap out of the current gen machines and the Ram is double that of the xbox 360 and quadruple that of the PS3 effective RAM.

GPU is better, but not by much (Do like the FXAA). Has more RAM, and I give them that, but from what I understand it is slow RAM. I remember a motherboard I had that took DDR and DDR2 memory. I had 512MB of DDR and replaced it with 256MB of DDR 2 and even though I had less ram it was benchmarked at 10% faster with the DDR2.

and on top of all that it is!! new and it IS! different! that's the 2 main reasons i got mine.. and it will do for a year or 2 until the heavyweights from Sony and or M$ are released.. its only 299 bucks, its easily worth it and will hold its own at least until the true next gen arrives!

Being on top for one year is kind of my point. Do I want a machine for a year or for 7 years? And only $299....you are wealthier than I if that is a drop in the bucket for you. And as far as different...kind of, but different isn't always better...time will tell. Keep in mind Microsoft has Xbox Smart Glass which has added a tablet ability to their console before Nintendo. However, Nintendo has done it better IMO. I did order some Darksiders 2 and Batman AC, so it looks like I have decided to keep it, plus I was able to get mine for $200 (don't ask long story).

I do want to thank you for your input as we all expect different things. I would love to see Nintendo have a screaming machine with different game play together, and not just one or the other.

See responses inline.

Edited by tshrimp, 03 December 2012 - 02:16 PM.

#687 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

and on top of all that it is!! new and it IS! different! that's the 2 main reasons i got mine.. and it will do for a year or 2 until the heavyweights from Sony and or M$ are released.. its only 299 bucks, its easily worth it and will hold its own at least until the true next gen arrives!

The cpu a tad weak? Incorrect, it is extremely weak.

However if this is an issue for anyone I think they didn't do there homework before making a purchase.

#688 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

i think the cpu may have been a bit of a shortsighted cost cutting move for ninty however the gpu will just about cover them for that.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#689 SpencerChugg

SpencerChugg

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

its a bit to pricey but i know it will go down in the next few years... it always does ^__^

#690 Jacob

Jacob

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

In the next couple of years Nintendo is probably going to lower the cost :)

JxkHfIT.png

#691 ifrit05

ifrit05

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:11 AM

And because it is even worse the the name Wii. Why Nintendo Why do you insist on these names?

Nintendo explained this a while ago. Look at the Letters.

Wii

It symbolizes "We", as in together we'll play, and the "i"'s are meant to resemble 2 people playing a game.

And that's where the "U" comes in, meaning that the original Wii was about playing with friends and family, while the Wii U is all about... Well... You as the player and how the system is tailored for the individual. (i.e. the gamepad can't really be shared at the same time you' re playing a game and still be fun, just like a portable console.)

Hope that made sense lol I'm sooooo tired hahaha.

Edited by ifrit05, 01 March 2013 - 01:13 AM.

ifrit05s.png

Nintendo Network ID: ifrit05

Wii U Deluxe

#692 bigbadwolfe911

bigbadwolfe911

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    Earthbound

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:20 AM

Just ordered my Wii U can't wait for it to arrive I got the Zombiu Deluxe Bundle with Nintendoland and Pro Controller for $350.99 I posted details to my purchase in a new thread but incase you don't see it here is a link to the thread:

http://thewiiu.com/t...e-at-neweggcom/

#693 Mr.AlsU

Mr.AlsU

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • NNID:Mr.AlsU
  • Fandom:
    Love Mario and Hatsune Miku! :D

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:50 AM

I paid $390 for my Zombi U bundle. Worth every penny!! :)

#694 libejo

libejo

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

To those in Canada, check out Costco.. the Costco in my city has the white 8GB consoles for $199.

#695 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

It should have a price cut after Sony & Microsoft announces their overpriced console, just like what Nintendo did with the 3DS when the Vita was announced.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#696 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:59 PM

It should have a price cut after Sony & Microsoft announces their overpriced console, just like what Nintendo did with the 3DS when the Vita was announced.

It needs a price cut to build a fanbase in which a lot of people will buy software for it. Then more developers will flock to the system? *crosses fingers*

#697 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:05 PM

I still think it's 50 euros too much. I'm willing to pay no more than 300 for Premium pack. The hardware of the console isn't exactly spectacular, and I don't want to feel like I'm paying €100 for a freaking controller.

The store Mediamarkt (Netherlands) offers Premium pack for 284, which is an amazing price. But only on their webstore (retail is 326or something, wtf?!) and it's sold out there.
No sig.

#698 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:33 AM

I still think it's 50 euros too much. I'm willing to pay no more than 300 for Premium pack. The hardware of the console isn't exactly spectacular, and I don't want to feel like I'm paying €100 for a freaking controller.The store Mediamarkt (Netherlands) offers Premium pack for 284, which is an amazing price. But only on their webstore (retail is 326or something, wtf?!) and it's sold out there.

The hardware could be more powerful, but you're probably paying something for the size and power efficiency as well.

Edited by Amnesia, 31 May 2013 - 06:34 AM.

#699 Happyfrank

Happyfrank

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:11 PM

To those in Canada, check out Costco.. the Costco in my city has the white 8GB consoles for $199.

Great deal purchased my 8GB wii u from target for $230.00

#700 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:47 PM

Don't know if anyone posted this, but next week Best Buy is offering a $50 gift card with the 32GB wii-u. Pretty good deal if haven't already purchased one, as good as a price cut imo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!