#641 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:52 PM

It really is. The system itself costs 300. And for premium is 350, if you think of it as just the console and a game in the box it seems like the same thing as buying seperate. But it comes with so much more. It has NL, that Nintendo download service perks thing, charging cradle. Gamepad and WiiU stands. What is there not to like about it? It really is a good price and I want to give them my money for this damn system already. Hurry up November 18th.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#642 JHardin1112

JHardin1112

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:07 AM

Agreed. I don't mind the price considering the deal. I'm still trying to figure out what the issue with the price is.. didn't most guess that this would be the price?

Some people choose not to be happy with it. I really think that is what it boils down to. I guessed it would be between $300-$400, so the price is good for me.

#643 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:41 PM

This price is almost a steal, especially the Premium bundle.

#644 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:05 PM

Some people choose not to be happy with it. I really think that is what it boils down to. I guessed it would be between $300-$400, so the price is good for me.

That's quite a shame. We had (have?) a price speculation thread and 249-349 was what most agreed on, so to see so many turn back around and complain really both irritating and sad.

#645 DeviousOne

DeviousOne

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:08 PM

I'm happy with the pricing I gave myself a 700 limit and it looks like I'm going to be set with the us pricing =)
Posted Image

#646 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:43 PM

I'm happy with the pricing I gave myself a 700 limit and it looks like I'm going to be set with the us pricing =)

More than set, that's enough for a good couple of games, some accessories and the Wii U! I hope you enjoy the most out of it :D

#647 Jp27

Jp27

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

I Really Hope the system does well
Posted Image
Dat awesome person

#648 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:55 AM

It is already doing well. I think everyone is quite surprised by the response to preorders. Soldout all accross the north Americas.
I think that in itself means they nailed the price. I was expecting near for hundred for any premium type package so I'm happy to be able to get a game too. (zombiu) the pro controller will have to come later. I'm just hoping that the club nintendo coins I earn will give me enough coins to gget that beautiful gold nunchuck
-falconberg (Nintendo Network ID)

#649 JHardin1112

JHardin1112

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:54 AM

It is already doing well. I think everyone is quite surprised by the response to preorders. Soldout all accross the north Americas.
I think that in itself means they nailed the price. I was expecting near for hundred for any premium type package so I'm happy to be able to get a game too. (zombiu) the pro controller will have to come later. I'm just hoping that the club nintendo coins I earn will give me enough coins to gget that beautiful gold nunchuck

I'm glad for Nintendo about the pre-orders selling out. However, I didn't get a pre-order in yet and I don't know if it's too late. GameStop opens in about 10 minutes, so I guess I'll have to call and ask.

#650 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:11 AM

It's hilarious looking at the old posts on this thread of people going back and forth about the price, and calling it the "Wii 2".

#651 hohi

hohi

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:02 AM

It's hilarious looking at the old posts on this thread of people going back and forth about the price, and calling it the "Wii 2".

There is one of my friend who keep saying "Wii 2" instead of "Wii U". Whenever I told him that it's Wii U not Wii 2, he said it's the same anyway.

As for the price, I think it's pretty cheap ($299 & $349 in NA and $348 & $428 in Australia).

Edited by Mournblade, 21 January 2013 - 12:47 PM.

#652 LeagueMaker

LeagueMaker

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:14 AM

I believe the price is completely reasonable, they did well to pack that much technology under the $400 limit. I'm glad I never bought a tablet b/c honestly while I'm at home it looks like the controller can pretty much do anything a tablet can do. I mean this thing is still cheeper than an Ipad, granted the ipad works on the go but still, just 300? nice. Still, b/c the release is close to Christmas, I'm gonna give my parents a chance to get it for me before I shell out the dough. That's right, I'm 29 and still asking for a nintendo for Christmas, what's your point? :D

#653 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:25 AM

I believe the price is completely reasonable, they did well to pack that much technology under the $400 limit. I'm glad I never bought a tablet b/c honestly while I'm at home it looks like the controller can pretty much do anything a tablet can do. I mean this thing is still cheeper than an Ipad, granted the ipad works on the go but still, just 300? nice. Still, b/c the release is close to Christmas, I'm gonna give my parents a chance to get it for me before I shell out the dough. That's right, I'm 29 and still asking for a nintendo for Christmas, what's your point? :D

I love your post for several reasons....namely...thank you for now being the oldest here...me and D are 28. Also..I still get Christmas presents from my parents to Lol. We will get a long just fine.

Oh and price point is perfect
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#654 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:28 AM

Nope. I'm 30. Do I win? My parents won't buy me anything good for Christmas though. Grrrrrr. Thanks for bringing up a touchy subject. Jkjk
-falconberg (Nintendo Network ID)

#655 crazyman03

crazyman03

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:03 PM

I really don't think the 32 gb version should cost as much as it does
Sure it had Nintendo land but people in Japan don't get Nintendo land even though it costs the same when you go through all the exchange rates
I really do not think that is fair or a smart move
If cost a little less I would be very happy with the company and buy it almost as soon as can
That would make it very good
Sometimes I get bored of this cushioned white room.
I don't know why those doctors put me in here.

#656 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:01 PM

I think it's a great price for both bundles. People go out and buy that hot garbage from Xbox and Sony and then get upset with Nintendo. Wii U is still cheaper than 360 and Ps3 at launch.

#657 Zombiecakez

Zombiecakez

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    Bowser is AMAZING!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:21 AM

I think the price is great i was expecting around 400 . Like walmart is pricing there wii u bundles at

Posted Image

#658 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

I think it's a great price for both bundles. People go out and buy that hot garbage from Xbox and Sony and then get upset with Nintendo. Wii U is still cheaper than 360 and Ps3 at launch.

I don't agree the hot garbage comment, but the launch price is cheaper than both. I don't understand the hate. Meh.

#659 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:09 PM

I don't agree the hot garbage comment, but the launch price is cheaper than both. I don't understand the hate. Meh.

Understandable..I owned both all 3 consoles, but anything bad they can say about Nintendo, can easily be said about Sony and M$

Edited by GreatestGamer, 18 September 2012 - 10:11 PM.

#660 LeagueMaker

LeagueMaker

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:55 AM

I really don't think the 32 gb version should cost as much as it does
Sure it had Nintendo land but people in Japan don't get Nintendo land even though it costs the same when you go through all the exchange rates
I really do not think that is fair or a smart move
If cost a little less I would be very happy with the company and buy it almost as soon as can
That would make it very good

I believe that's why there is a $300 option, for those who want to choose their starting game seperate from Nintendoland. In the end though, I believe they may have trouble selling the 300 one b/c it doesent come with the incentive thing, they might want to reconsider that. Plus, I like all my electronics being black. As Wesley Snipes once said in an awesome action movie quote from "Passenger 57" : "Always Bet On Black!"

PS. When can I stop being a goomba, I'm tired of not having any arms.

Edited by LeagueMaker, 19 September 2012 - 04:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!