Photo

Why is Sony getting so much indie love...

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:12 AM

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking.

When I think of Indie games these days, all I can think of is a really bad mobile game. My favorite Indie games would be something like Amnesia, Zeno Clash, Torchlight, Trine, and Path of Exile. I keep seeing all these really pathetic games being developed that are labeled "Indie" just so a few hipsters buy their games. I really don't care for supporting many Indie games because most of them don't deserve any support at all.

Indie stands for 'independant'.

It means they self published the game, instead of finding a publisher to invest money in them, nothing more.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#22 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:14 AM

Indie stands for 'independant'.

It means they self published the game, instead of finding a publisher to invest money in them, nothing more.

I know the technical definition for it, but what I wanted to point out is that the lack of Indie content on the Wii U isn't exactly a big deal and doesn't really have any effect on the Wii U's success because most of these Indie games are really overrated. I don't think a lot of people buy consoles for Indie games but that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. 

Edited by EvilMoogle, 21 August 2013 - 09:14 AM.

#23 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:04 AM

Exactly my point, and even breaks their "Nobody's buying it, so it's not worth our money." argument over Wii U development. The 3DS is selling extremely well and yet somehow it's not good enough for them; but the Vita is apparently fine with them despite much lower sales. 

That's because 3DS is for babies and only men play call of duty. *Troll face*

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#24 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:06 AM

I find Indie games overrated and most of them feel cheap. 

There are a few that are very good, but the rest is just garbage. 

says the mass effect 3 avatar ^^ pish

#25 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:58 PM

I know the technical definition for it, but what I wanted to point out is that the lack of Indie content on the Wii U isn't exactly a big deal and doesn't really have any effect on the Wii U's success because most of these Indie games are really overrated. I don't think a lot of people buy consoles for Indie games but that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. 

I love indie games.

They're fresh, and different.

Papers Please would never have been published by anyone as it is, it would have been turned into call of duty: arstotska

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#26 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:59 PM

Sony has probably put some good incentives for those who wish to port their game to the Vita, but thats only a guess.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#27 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:09 PM

I love indie games.

They're fresh, and different.

Papers Please would never have been published by anyone as it is, it would have been turned into call of duty: arstotska

agreed. the more indy games the better off the industry is. Just finished a 3 hour game (cost $3.00 on steam) "to the moon". awesome game, and would never be published by a big name. If people can get past the idea that better graphics means better game, then we could have a lot more interesting, fun and even moving games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!